Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 4 - Epilogue 4
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:43 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Epilogue 4
     Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:49 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf Clubs Suit Pip
    Ooooh, Charlie is getting worse and worse with his addiction. And poor Queenie, rushing the caster out of TV... that drops them the bonus, I assume, and could even let Maggionette/Jed take control of the Dolls in TV - if only the Capital.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:50 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yes! I was hoping for Charlie epilogue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:50 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Well that's Charlie back in the game then.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:51 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Shirley has one bad day at work and suddenly she's the cool mom letting the kids do pot and the pets piddle all over Signamancy.

*no I'm not

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:51 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    What's the point of recovering a lobotomized caster I wonder?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Very good Shirley, you learned something important today. That if you humiliate a man, take away everything important to him, and proceed to try your best to grind him into dust, don't expect a piece of paper to protect you if he decides that enough is enough.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:53 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    "Going womp-womp." I love the Peanuts reference to how adults sounded!

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:56 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So if she is the mother superiority card, and she is a high tech complex, does that mean she is a superiority complex?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yes Shirley. You better get Bill out of there fast, because Skyy isn't going to waste any time at all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Shai hulud wrote:

Link with it all the time. Give all the dolls in Charlescomm a permanent Dollmancer leadership bonus. Making sexy underwear. You know, Dollmancer stuff.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    No contracts old or new between TV and CC. Clean slate for Book 5. :D

EDIT: Bill can prob make it. Last seen here very near the portal but on the opposite side of the portal door vs where Jack fell prone. 2 standard dolls to screen, one Fashion Maggie, and 2 GK units right in front of the portal that may keep Skyy from unloading an auto fire burst for fear of hitting friendlies while gunning for Bill.

Last edited by neko on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:08 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    dorion wrote:
    Shai hulud wrote:

Link with it all the time. Give all the dolls in Charlescomm a permanent Dollmancer leadership bonus. Making sexy underwear. You know, Dollmancer stuff.

And guns. And guns wearing sexy underwear. Maybe that’s how they get the Weirdomancy back for the auto-special?

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:19 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Mecharic wrote:
    Ooooh, Charlie is getting worse and worse with his addiction. And poor Queenie, rushing the caster out of TV... that drops them the bonus, I assume, and could even let Maggionette/Jed take control of the Dolls in TV - if only the Capital.

:?:

Despite its last interaction with Bill, the last time I laid eyes on the makaleka, it was still in CC livery.

And Jed reported losing direct audio-visual monitoring access to the TVPortal Room, didn't he?

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:20 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Mecharic wrote:

Despite its last interaction with Bill, the last time I laid eyes o tbe makaleka, it was still in CC livery.

And Jed reported losing direct audio-visual monitoring access to the TVPortal Room, didn't he?

It still has some free will. That's how Bill was lobotomized.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:24 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Jaxad0127 wrote:
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Mecharic wrote:

Despite its last interaction with Bill, the last time I laid eyes o tbe makaleka, it was still in CC livery.

It still has some free will. That's how Bill was lobotomized.

I think it just acts on Maggie's desires whenever her emotions are particularly strong, not that it has a will of its own.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:36 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Whispri wrote:

Funny how "back in the game" with Charlie begins with him being as "out of the game" as he can be without being croaked/incapacitated.

I've thought about how flower-power works on the mind. For a while I thought that it might work by "silencing" parts of the mind, but now it seems that it works more by simply separating the different parts and stifling/muffling/warping the connection between them.

In fact, a lot of hippiemancy seems to deal with the vital connection between two things.

A few things stand out to me though. This isn't bud. Either in reference to how it's just the arkendish's recreation of the heroin-buds effects or... Shirley is altering the effect, watering it down, so to speak.

Second a speculation/question... might being "code pink" allow Charlie the ability to give commands or perform actions that Shirley cannot see?

Because right now... up until the point where Shirley came along, the worst he had to deal with were the aftereffects of having lost. Losing led to flower-abuse led to bad-decisions led to worse outcomes led to... and then Shirley interrupts and now he's got a whole other mess of problems.

I wonder if Shirley is serious about what she said, indicating that she could also "go gardening", because if Charlie could get her hooked on bud...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Whispri wrote:

The ear hears but the mind’s not listening. That doesn’t sound back to me. However, you’re right that he will be soon. He’s still probably out of commission for a few turns though.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:45 am 
    Axiom wrote:
    Whispri wrote:

The ear hears but the mind’s not listening. That doesn’t sound back to me. However, you’re right that he will be soon. He’s still probably out of commission for a few turns though.

Nah, one turn at best. Remember start of turn restores you (but some things linger, like the memory of being whipped for Jillian and addiction for Charlie).

In any case he should be back to as good as he gets by newturn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:48 am 
    Shai hulud wrote:

I mean, in Charlie’s case, quite a bit. In fact, I think Charlie will find a lobotomized caster to be incredibly useful. It doesn’t really violate his promise to the Archons to be an Archon-only side since brain dead Bill won’t be giving anyone orders. Charlie’ll probably be able to link with it at will in order to mix dollamancy into his casting.

Charlie’s big advantage was knowing the rules and mechanics behind the scenes, not just the surface stuff that all Erfworlders are popped knowing. Charlie’s former side was known for innovative caster links. When the dust from this disasterous turn settles, Charlie’s going to do a post mortem analysis on what went wrong because that’s his nature. We already saw how surprised he was about the capability of the Great Mind’s to remotely kill people.

Charlie’s going to realize that he doesn’t know all there is to know about Magic. Lobotomized casters provide a very safe opportunity for him to wield other disciplines as tools, much like he already does with the Arkendish.

Honestly, I’ve mused to myself before that if I was in Charlie’s position, gathering and then lobotomizing a caster of each discipline would be one of the first things that I’d do with the Arkendish.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions