Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 4 - Page 190
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:58 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 190
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:04 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Dungeon leader rages, rocks fall... and how many people croak?

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Well, a rocks falls, everybody croaks scenario will be prevented by Fate/active predictions. But only Wanda got that bonus, at least to my knowledge.

Ivan got his helmet, which is a very sensible item for him to posess, but Mr Tim Burton might get quite the headache out of this.

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:10 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Rocks fall, everybody dies.

Ugh, everyone else said too. I am super original. :?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:11 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Important tactical lesson of the day: Rock beats Laser or in this case, gun.
    Also, never engage Dirtamancers underground or under any kind of ceiling.

The Imperfect Warlord

Last edited by Bandaid on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:11 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    So Dirtamancy can cast through bedrock, but probably only because the bedrock has been mined out. I wonder if the Dirtamansion is on the way to the Pliers, the Dirtamancers came from ICFYS's way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:16 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    He made those eyes? So...how tricked out can you change a body to? I wonder if it counts towards the magic item limit.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:17 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    One lesson we've learned over and over, since book 1: Wanda is a harsh mistress.

ANOTHER lesson we've learned over and over: gravity is a harsher one.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:23 am 
    dorion wrote:
    So Dirtamancy can cast through bedrock, but probably only because the bedrock has been mined out.

Well, we know that Dirtamancy senses can penetrate bedrock. This is basically one of the fundamental functions of Dirtamancy, adding some form of material to already present material. It might not have worked if the ceiling had been actual bedrock and creating stuff out of thin air in thin air is most likely not possible. It would be seriously OP otherwise.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:25 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    Bandaid wrote:
    dorion wrote:
    So Dirtamancy can cast through bedrock, but probably only because the bedrock has been mined out.

Well, we know that Dirtamancy senses can penetrate bedrock. This is basically one of the fundamental functions of Dirtamancy, adding some form of material to already present material. It might not have worked if the ceiling had been actual bedrock and creating stuff out of thin air in thin air is most likely not possible. It would be seriously OP otherwise.

We do not. If they could, don't you think the Dirtamancers of the Magic Kingdom would have noticed, at some point, the whole rail network down there?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent
    A lovely bit of work there to show the weaknesses, and the arrogance of thinking every possible alternative had been found. Nice page. I wanna know about the WonkyHelmet now, what other powers does it have?

And dirtamancy through bedrock, is cool, I wonder if a wierdomancer/other-o-mancer can work through bedrock?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:28 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent
    GaryThunder wrote:
    We do not. If they could, don't you think the Dirtamancers of the Magic Kingdom would have noticed, at some point, the whole rail network down there?

Who would be looking through something no-one was interested in looking through before to see if it had changed since the last thousandturns before Charlie found a way?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    cheeseaholic wrote:
    He made those eyes? So...how tricked out can you change a body to? I wonder if it counts towards the magic item limit.

I had previously assumed that having a bodypart "tricked-out", was just part of the signamancy of Dollamancers and that all dollamancers (but for some-reason not Bill) have some part of their body tricked out. You know, some part of their body must look unnatural.

[*]Claud has the eyes

[*]Ace had his arms

[*]Holly Short-cake tricked-out her hair (citing the pinup with her. I mean, that is clearly doll's hair).

It was for this (mistaken) reason that had me think that were Raiden from Metal Gear Rising to be Erfed, he'd be a dollamancer purely for aesthetic reasons.

Also Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) since he has that Robot-arm (nevermind that it was Winry that built it)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    SkyThorning wrote:
    A lovely bit of work there to show the weaknesses, and the arrogance of thinking every possible alternative had been found. Nice page. I wanna know about the WonkyHelmet now, what other powers does it have?

And dirtamancy through bedrock, is cool, I wonder if a wierdomancer/other-o-mancer can work through bedrock?

They're not casting through bedrock. Ivan, Claude, and Wanda are not sealed within bedrock, there's an opening (through which they just shot Notch). They're casting through that opening.

And relating to Ivan's helmet, Ivan's first appearance showed that his helmet magically protects him from falling rocks.

Unrelated: Anyone else thinking that one of the Dirties is gonna shoot Buck in the back if he keeps on crapping on them like he's doing? Who elected him leader of the group whose philosophy is "they don't take orders and they ain't your unit"?

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:33 am 
    GaryThunder wrote:

"... feel trough that bedrock, like Pinkie did." Buck says that in the update, therefore I conclude that they can. As for the railroad network, presumably no one ever felt the need to sense below the bedrock level, which is rather thick. Why would have anyone spent the effort? And even if someone had they would have to catch a point where there are tunnels. Most of the Magic Kingdoms underground is still solid bedrock.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:40 am 
    Bandaid wrote:
    GaryThunder wrote:

"... feel trough that bedrock, like Pinkie did." Buck says that in the update, therefore I conclude that they can. As for the railroad network, presumably no one ever felt the need to sense below the bedrock level, which is rather thick. Why would have anyone spent the effort? And even if someone had they would have to catch a point where there are tunnels. Most of the Magic Kingdoms underground is still solid bedrock.

I'm gonna assume that Buck is speaking colloquially and hastily rather than being as precise as possible, being as he's, y'know, Buck.

And, what, the Dirtamancers of the Magic Kingdom, who don't exactly have a day job beyond hiring themselves out, never once in all their thousands of turns thought to feel below the bedrock? I mean...how many turns do you think it took Ivan to clear out those tunnels? Dozens of Dirtamancers never felt any vibrations or anything from that, when they could feel the Thinkamancers' Temple collapsing from across the island?

I don't buy it.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:41 am 
    SkyThorning wrote:
    GaryThunder wrote:

Who would be looking through something no-one was interested in looking through before to see if it had changed since the last thousandturns before Charlie found a way?

Like I said earlier, all those hundredturns or thousandturns Ivan spent boring out the rail network and the bunker, none of the Dirtamancers of the Emm Kay ever felt a peep? The Dirtamancers who spend much of their time underground and not too far from the bedrock?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:54 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Hearts Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    GaryThunder wrote:
    SkyThorning wrote:

They're not casting through bedrock. Ivan, Claude, and Wanda are not sealed within bedrock, there's an opening (through which they just shot Notch). They're casting through that opening.

And relating to Ivan's helmet, Ivan's first appearance showed that his helmet magically protects him from falling rocks.

Unrelated: Anyone else thinking that one of the Dirties is gonna shoot Buck in the back if he keeps on crapping on them like he's doing? Who elected him leader of the group whose philosophy is "they don't take orders and they ain't your unit"?

I'm just finding it funny that your first link there was almost exactly 200 updates ago, and the second one almost 100 ago (well, okay, 90) :lol: It's like when I read the OOTS update the other day, and I thought, "Come on now, Durkon hasn't been dead for 5 and a half -- HOLY CRAP DURKON DIED 5 1/2 YEARS AGO, HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN READING THIS COMIC??" :shock:

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:57 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    It took Pinkie a moment to confirm that Ivan had place bedrock entirely around them, rather than just above and below. Seems to me that Dirtmancers can sense through bedrock, but it's more difficult. If the bedrock ceiling is thick enough, a Dirtamancer would probably be blind past a certain point.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    From my reading, it looks like Wanda & Co left before Buck & Co began operation: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions