Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 188
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:38 am 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
Bandaid wrote:
greycat wrote:
Metallicat wrote:
If Wanda uncroaked Notch-O, and he starts shooting at his former friends, Will his battle cry be "Notch-O dead now! "?

I'm not sure if regular Uncroaked can actually talk.

But... if he's Decrypted, I'd imagine he might say something like "I'm Notch-o ditch any more, diggers!"

Uncroaked can talk, Wanda tried to make Tommy sing, though she was not there yet. By now she can, see the singing uncroaked while she led them in a dance fight (thats bonus material for people who bought the hardcover/pdf). Also, one of the uncroaked warlords said "Pie" while Stanley showed them to Parson. Though that was caused by the rule of funny.

And when Parson was giving orders to the uncroaked warlords in his exploit against the RCC’s siege columns, he instructed Leeroy Jenkins to go in with the battlecry “Leeeeeeroy!”

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:14 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Metallicat wrote:
    If Wanda uncroaked Notch-O, and he starts shooting at his former friends, Will his battle cry be "Notch-O dead now! "?

Wanda hasn't been shown using juice, but she suggested it using the dead Archons to carry weapons and help attack. So I think this could come into play. She's a very capable combat Croakamancer.

I like that idea, but it brings up a nagging question, re: repatriated casters and juice availability. Claud repatriated Ivan and Ivan got enough juice to dig through bedrock with the Wonky Wrench and escape to the bunker. We’re told in update 221 that, while imprisoned, Wanda doesn’t have any juice to pinkie swear to Janis about decrypting Marie and returning the Pliers. But after she’s repatriated she claims to be able to uncroak Archons and use them to rescue the condemned prisoners, so I guess we have the accept that repatriation restored her juice.

So why are Jack and Maggie still running on empty after their repatriations?

They ran out of juice before they got captured by Transilvito. Hence-why they have no juice when they got repatriated. https://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/133

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Metallicat wrote:

Wanda hasn't been shown using juice, but she suggested it using the dead Archons to carry weapons and help attack. So I think this could come into play. She's a very capable combat Croakamancer.

I like that idea, but it brings up a nagging question, re: repatriated casters and juice availability. Claud repatriated Ivan and Ivan got enough juice to dig through bedrock with the Wonky Wrench and escape to the bunker. We’re told in update 221 that, while imprisoned, Wanda doesn’t have any juice to pinkie swear to Janis about decrypting Marie and returning the Pliers. But after she’s repatriated she claims to be able to uncroak Archons and use them to rescue the condemned prisoners, so I guess we have the accept that repatriation restored her juice.

So why are Jack and Maggie still running on empty after their repatriations?

If I had to guess, you can't use juice while you're a prisoner, and your juice doesn't replenish. So Wanda couldn't pinky swear while a prisoner, but could uncroak when repatriated. Jack and Maggie spent all their juice during the portal battle, and haven't yet gotten juice back.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:20 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    So if Transylvito committed a grievous infraction of the terms of their agreement against Gobwin Knob (or whatever they call themselves these days), would the gems be pulled out of Charlie's keeping, turned to shmuckers and transferred to GK? How do you commit a grievous infraction?

Side thought: how are sides identified in contracts? How is GK identified if they no longer hold a city called "Gobwin Knob"? What if Stanley quits GK and forms a new side? What if Stanley then retakes the city of Gobwin Knob on his own? How does the title transfer with regard to contracts?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:21 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    vreejack wrote:
    Side thought: how are sides identified in contracts? How is GK identified if they no longer hold a city called "Gobwin Knob"?

The side is still called Gobwin Knob even though their capital is currently at Spacerock.

Sides are identified in contracts by their side names, capital city names and capital city coordinates at the time of Signing. See page 1 of the CC/GK contract for an example.

The fact that the capital city was changed after Signing does not change the contract.

Quote:
    What if Stanley quits GK and forms a new side? What if Stanley then retakes the city of Gobwin Knob on his own? How does the title transfer with regard to contracts?

I'm not sure a Ruler can actually quit a side without disbanding it or transferring Rulership first.

If Stanley were to abdicate and put Parson in the Ruler's seat of Gobwin Knob, and take off, then the contract would still bind Gobwin Knob under Parson just as it binds GK under Stanley.

The cities are not important. Sides have their own identity.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm 
    vreejack wrote:
    So if Transylvito committed a grievous infraction of the terms of their agreement against Gobwin Knob (or whatever they call themselves these days), would the gems be pulled out of Charlie's keeping, turned to shmuckers and transferred to GK? How do you commit a grievous infraction?

Side thought: how are sides identified in contracts? How is GK identified if they no longer hold a city called "Gobwin Knob"? What if Stanley quits GK and forms a new side? What if Stanley then retakes the city of Gobwin Knob on his own? How does the title transfer with regard to contracts?

I’d presume that those gems are now considered property of CC and this comic seems to carry that out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    I'm in a mood to be funny. So, let's see what I can do with the page...

Well, I had fun.

• Tipped by 14 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Arci wrote:

Well, I had fun.

Talk about high upkeep...

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:36 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Ruler of Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    So basically Charlie is trying to put a stranglehold on Transylvito by putting them in a treasury crisis. Transylvito seem to have an easy solution here by taking Charlie's que.

Convert their treasury to gems. Use the same hat Charlie used to steal their gems and send all the schmuckers they got from Charlie to Gobwin Knob with a note telling Gobwin Knob to convert all their gems. The next part is how they trick their towers.

Charlie's demands are that they pay Charlie all the schmuckers they took from him. They will stipulate in their contract that they will pay these schmuckers through gems. This should pacify HueHue when HueHue notes their diminished treasury. These gems will be contracted to be sent to Charliescomm as soon as their Ruler is released. As soon as their Ruler is released they will immediately not be able to honor their contract. They should draft the contract such that this causes the contract to break and be automagically nullified. No one will be held down by contract clauses any longer. The penalties for such a break will be Transylvitos entire treasury.

Charlie's Mom is not as clever as Charlie. She will not think to stipulate that in case schmuckers cannot be paid, that their equivalent in units and cities be substituted.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:22 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Arkaim wrote:
    So basically Charlie is trying to put a stranglehold on Transylvito by putting them in a treasury crisis. Transylvito seem to have an easy solution here by taking Charlie's que.

Convert their treasury to gems. Use the same hat Charlie used to steal their gems and send all the schmuckers they got from Charlie to Gobwin Knob with a note telling Gobwin Knob to convert all their gems. The next part is how they trick their towers.

Charlie's demands are that they pay Charlie all the schmuckers they took from him. They will stipulate in their contract that they will pay these schmuckers through gems. This should pacify HueHue when HueHue notes their diminished treasury. These gems will be contracted to be sent to Charliescomm as soon as their Ruler is released. As soon as their Ruler is released they will immediately not be able to honor their contract. They should draft the contract such that this causes the contract to break and be automagically nullified. No one will be held down by contract clauses any longer. The penalties for such a break will be Transylvitos entire treasury.

Charlie's Mom is not as clever as Charlie. She will not think to stipulate that in case schmuckers cannot be paid, that their equivalent in units and cities be substituted.

Hmm, you've got me thinking a little... if they included a "minus gems already paid" clause into their payment agreement (and if Charlie isn't on the line Shirley might not be smart enough to catch that) then things get REALLY interesting. Either TV has "already paid" by the gems that got stolen which means that CC must pay back the difference, or those are GK gems, and Charlie gets charged for each one stolen and TV can just ask GK to borrow a few to pick up their cost.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:13 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    I can't believe it took me this whole time to get the first notch joke.

Edit* Ah, I see everyone is way ahead of me. Shame I was too busy to check the forums this weekend.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:58 am 
    I think the real winning strategy here might be based on the fact that Huehue and Shirley are talking directly in Signamancy, rather than haggling and then Signing a contract as separate steps. :charlie: 's leverage on :tv: could snap off right at the axle before he even realizes anything officially happened. Have Huehue say, through the Source, "I think we can work this out, but first you've got to promise to take that thing off Ceasar's neck. Otherwise, our side ends, rocks fall, Vanna's baby is lost, nobody here really wants any of that, right?" Then Shirley says "Sure, I agree" and that statement is binding. Ceasar gets repatriated by a bat, promptly subdues the unresisting Doller Bill and then demolishes an unled stack of auto-attacking molls, thereby collecting additional payouts from the yet-to-be-renegotiated unilateral ceasefire, problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    This is Notch-o lucky day, Notch-o...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 am 
    Mined 4 Erf
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:
    Wonder when (or if) Benjamin and Skyy will contact Parson? Now that they know he's alive and willing to help them, and is good at finding ways to beat Charlie, he'd be a great "call a friend" choice.

The problem with this is that they need a thinkamancer to be able to contact him and considering they're all dead that would be hard. They might be able to use a decrypted archeon but I think her juice was all spent. I don't think they have a way to contact him except maybe through HueHue via Jed?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:32 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    hey, so we know sky things gems are gone but wouldn't benjamin notice that? Am I a fool for hoping maybe they are not gone?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:32 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Bond_em7 wrote:
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:
    Wonder when (or if) Benjamin and Skyy will contact Parson? Now that they know he's alive and willing to help them, and is good at finding ways to beat Charlie, he'd be a great "call a friend" choice.

The problem with this is that they need a thinkamancer to be able to contact him and considering they're all dead that would be hard. They might be able to use a decrypted archeon but I think her juice was all spent. I don't think they have a way to contact him except maybe through HueHue via Jed?

I think shirley would notice that

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:12 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Arci wrote:

Well, I had fun.

That is GREAT.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Bond_em7 wrote:
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:

Hat.

Skyy has a hat.
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:

Skyy always knew Parson was alive and on Erfworld. His last known location was the Portal Room of Transilvito. So it should be no surprise to her that mister McPortalwalkerpants wound back Spacerock. I mean, that's probably what Parson was doing with Benny and the Caese in the portal room (before everything went haywire), saying goodbye before the big guy returned home... to Space Rock via the Magic Kingdom.

Skyy has every reason to assume that Benny knows that Parson is in Spacerock (and there's no-sense telling him something he already knows). And just because Skyy thinks that Benny knows something doesn't mean he knows it.

https://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/325

I should really check the comic before I wreck myself...
    paskal wrote:
    hey, so we know sky things gems are gone but wouldn't benjamin notice that?
    No, why would he? It's not like he checked out the dining room table
    Quote:
    Am I a fool for hoping maybe they are not gone?

Yes, yes you are.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    paskal wrote:
    hey, so we know sky things gems are gone but wouldn't benjamin notice that? Am I a fool for hoping maybe they are not gone?

Be it far from me to call anyone but myself a fool.

However, 'stubbornly optimistic' seems applicable.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:06 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Bond_em7 wrote:
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:

Hat.

Skyy has a hat.
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:

Skyy always knew Parson was alive and on Erfworld. His last known location was the Portal Room of Transilvito. So it should be no surprise to her that mister McPortalwalkerpants wound back Spacerock. I mean, that's probably what Parson was doing with Benny and the Caese in the portal room (before everything went haywire), saying goodbye before the big guy returned home... to Space Rock via the Magic Kingdom.

Skyy has every reason to assume that Benny knows that Parson is in Spacerock (and there's no-sense telling him something he already knows). And just because Skyy thinks that Benny knows something doesn't mean he knows it.

https://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/325

I should really check the comic before I wreck myself...
    paskal wrote:
    hey, so we know sky things gems are gone but wouldn't benjamin notice that?
    No, why would he? It's not like he checked out the dining room table
    Quote:
    Am I a fool for hoping maybe they are not gone?

Yes, yes you are.

There is so much to remember at this point, and much more complicated by how we readers "know" everything while the characters are far more limited.

Skyy was out of touch, going to get the crown and contract (which Bill told Caesar about), then Caesar added the order to get the gun. Did Caesar mention anything about Parson disappearing in his orders? Not as far as I know. Caesar also never had a chance to issue any updates before he was trapped.

Which was a lucky thing, because she was out of the room with the gems when the molls turned and started stealing gems, which she then took out.

Very good point about how she wouldn't know anything about what happened to Parson. She pointed out herself that she and Cheri don't know the situation, but they are quickly getting closer to caught up. But not there yet, unless Ben has exchanged details off-screen, which should happen soon.

It would be funny if the gems could be magically stolen back, but we have no hints that can actually happen.

Also, it isn't necessary if either TV or GK units can trick or force Charlie's units to attack them. The current contract would give them far more than they already have. Parson's invasion plan is still possible, if TV can manage to keep its treasury and do the gem exchanges with GK.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions