Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 329
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:04 am 
    Parson, if you wanted to convince Stanley not to lead a historic invasion, you shoud've started convincing him last year.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:08 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    MatthewTheLucky wrote:
    Parson, if you wanted to convince Stanley not to lead a historic invasion, you shoud've started convincing him last year.

Pfffff. He could try.

• Tipped by 33 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:10 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Well, things are wonky now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    I wonder what calculations Parson was running?

greycat wrote:
    MatthewTheLucky wrote:

Pfffff. He could try.

Rule of threes. Each "pff" should be longer than the last.

So you should have said "pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff."

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent
    Y'know, now that I think about it...given the timeline of events, it's quite possible Bonnie doesn't know about the possibility of sub-bedrock portal shards as exits. The Action Figure broke Charlescomm's focus collar to create the shards while Claud and Ivan lay Croaked in the bunker, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:14 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Apparently Stanley's been so eager to get hammering while he was hammered, that Parson's having to nail down why he can't nail Charlie yet. Obviously, the Hammer and the Hamster might get nailed! Now Parson needs to hammer out a plan, as going through the formerly nailed-up portal's gonna be like a rain of hammers if they don't nail down a plan beforehand!

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:15 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Are they aware that you need Carnymancy for this? Please don't tell me Stanley plans to just rush through without even testing if the portal has been properly rigged. :shock:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:17 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent
    DreadArchon wrote:
    Are they aware that you need Carnymancy for this? Please don't tell me Stanley plans to just rush through without even testing if the portal has been properly rigged. :shock:

In order to have any doubts about this, they would need to
    1) Know that they need Carnymancy;
    2) NOT know that the Wonky Wrench provides Carnymancy.
    They seem confident, so either they don't know 1) or they DO know 2).
    Anyway, Jed will surely know if and when the operation is successful.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:18 am 
    Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most
    Cinder39134 wrote:
    Apparently Stanley's been so eager to get hammering while he was hammered, that Parson's having to nail down why he can't nail Charlie yet. Obviously, the Hammer and the Hamster might get nailed! Now Parson needs to hammer out a plan, as going through the formerly nailed-up portal's gonna be like a rain of hammers if they don't nail down a plan beforehand!

Ah, screw it, storm the portal...

Cadmium3

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    By the way, I like the tidy little room Sizemore built "downstairs" to work on the portal. You can tell he's been spending a bunch of time down there off-panel. It's a very Sizemorian touch.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This is probably a good move. Overwhelming leadership

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    DreadArchon wrote:

Okay, I’d be happy to tell you that. Except Stanley’s “plans” likely don’t enter into it. Anyway, Parson and Bonnie are there to make him send one of Sizemore’s golems through first.

I do wonder if Sizemore’s Dirtamancy sense gives him an innate ability to deploy the Wonky Wrench to successfully kipi the Portal to all-access status.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:33 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I cannot believe I'm saying this buuuuuut I think Stanley should lead the attack. He's not weak, in fact he is easily GK's strongest fighter when using the 'Hammer. Remember, he one-hit Caesar back in the first book, snuffing all his heavy-infantry-level bats at the same time. A powerhouse like him in the MK would be a terrifying boon. All they need is a way to prevent the side from falling should the worst come to pass - by leaving Bonnie behind as Heir for security, as Bonnie would likely be the least useful in a strictly MK operation.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:36 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Mecharic wrote:
    I cannot believe I'm saying this buuuuuut I think Stanley should lead the attack. He's not weak, in fact he is easily GK's strongest fighter when using the 'Hammer. Remember, he one-hit Caesar back in the first book, snuffing all his heavy-infantry-level bats at the same time. A powerhouse like him in the MK would be a terrifying boon. All they need is a way to prevent the side from falling should the worst come to pass - by leaving Bonnie behind as Heir for security, as Bonnie would likely be the least useful in a strictly MK operation.

Counterpoint. The Great Minds working in tandem remotely cut the strings of Claud and Ivan. The Miracle Poles only block Shockmancy. What happens when other disciplines start using more than basic shit? Exposing Stanley is a terrible risk.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:38 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Honestly i do have to wonder if Stanley might not be about to bow out. At the same time it's dammed fun to see the little guy so happy. There's a real sense of him having found some part of himself that he'd managed to lose.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Heh. Stanley looks so endearingly enthusiastic about his first visit to the Magic Kingdom.

He’s gonna be pissed when he finds out that he’s too short to ride Space Mountain...

• Tipped by 15 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:48 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I keep waiting for Sizemore to break. Parson's plans have been the death of everything he holds dear, but he holds nothing more dear than the Magic Kingdom itself. It was the peaceful retreat in which we first found him back in Book 1, his home away from home, and now he is actively carrying out Parson's selfish plan to sabotage what little peace might remain there. And nobody else seems to care about his plight. Sooner or later Sizemore is going to snap, and it's not going to be pretty. Far as I can tell he's already just waiting for the opportune time.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:56 am 
    I'm not so sure Stanley's confidence is misplaced. He's a badass with potent physical attacks and likely a ton of hit points, going up against a bunch of glass cannons. And the default attack used by barbarian casters is shockamancy--which will be blocked by miracle poles as long as he's stacked.

Yes, he's at risk if the MK folks have time to stop and think about what's happening, realize that shockamancy is what's blocked, and start trying something else.

I wanna see what else turns into pigeons when he hits it with that hammer.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Carl wrote:
    Honestly i do have to wonder if Stanley might not be about to bow out. At the same time it's dammed fun to see the little guy so happy. There's a real sense of him having found some part of himself that he'd managed to lose.

Huh, if Stanley does croak in the Magic Kingdom, perhapse any unit in the Magic Kingdom would be protected. Then Parson (or anyone else) could walk back through the portal and found a new side.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions