Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 182
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:00 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Such hubris.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Chef Lurker wrote:
    Holy boop, that's a real Titanic instrument right there, folks.

Yeah, what a tool.

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    And finally Isaac Cosimov has cosmically been brought to naught....

Anyone else get the impression that the Arkenplier's thinka-gram avatar will bare a strong resemblance to Clippy?

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Anyone else get the impression that the Arkenplier's thinka-gram avatar will bare a strong resemblance to Clippy?

"It looks like you are writing a suicide note!"

• Tipped by 11 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:11 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    The Arkenplyers: capable of dusting uncroaked with a glancing hit.

With the power to bring the croaked back to life as decrypted.

Having the ability to free prisoners remotely.

And the blessing of rescuing the minds of those decrypted or being attacked in mind space.

Legs/motility? Not so much.

Inconvenient, indeed. :P

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:14 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Didn't Big Think recall the Isaac doll? If he survived his body croaking, he's probably on his way. We still don't know if Wanda survived the gunfire, but he could bring the pliers to Wanda.

Edit: Also, interesting that it looks like the Pliers glow when they speak.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:16 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    It probably isn't impossible, but I suspect that's beyond Wanda's skill to decrypt. They probably should have used Dittomancy first.

Thecommander236 wrote:
    Also, it occurs to me that Wanda may have her world view VASTLY challenged when she talks to her Pliers and the Pliers admit that they doubt the existence of the Titans.

I think she's way more obsessed with Fate than the Titans themselves. And the Arkenpliers still assume they exist, it just isn't sure because it wasn't awake to witness it at the time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:18 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Lipkin wrote:
    Didn't Big Think recall the Isaac doll? If he survived his body croaking, he's probably on his way. We still don't know if Wanda survived the gunfire, but he could bring the pliers to Wanda.

Yeah. After it resizes the Pliers, anyway. Too big in current form.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Polvane the eraser wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:

Yeah. After it resizes the Pliers, anyway. Too big in current form.

Not really.

http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/202

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    So, the question is what happened to Isaac, or rather Isaacs conscience, if anything.
    The Arkenpliers seem to lack locomotion. Also, either they cannot decrypt things on their own or Big Think is such a mess that it cannot be decrypted, perhaps because Isaac's consciense is still on Erf and you cannot decrypt what has not really croaked yet...

Or Rob will totally surprise me, again.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:34 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Chef Lurker wrote:
    Seriously? You can out think a cacophony of Great Minds, but you can't plan for any locomotion after you awaken? You don't have a plan for if you get blown away?

Kind of hard to plan for your birthturn before you even have any mind to speak of let alone a conscious one.

I mean even with 9 months of development time humans still freak the heck out during their births.

I think the pliers took this situation rather well, actually.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:39 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Sakgeres wrote:
    When you get too OP, fate's gonna put you down.

Not everything that happens is caused by Fate!!!

::grumbles::

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:40 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Chef Lurker wrote:
    Seriously? You can out think a cacophony of Great Minds, but you can't plan for any locomotion after you awaken? You don't have a plan for if you get blown away?

I don't think there is any reason, as yet, to presume the destruction of Big Think was intended. Call it collateral damage.

EDIT: I kinda think that's the joke, actually. A bunch of great minds go boom as a result of the plier's awakening and the pliers only lament its loss of transportation. Not, you know, the half dozen lives that just got snuffed out. Not, "TITANS NO! How awful!" Just, sigh "Inconvenient." This also casts the pliers' personality and priorities into a dangerous and untrustworthy shape: the pliers are both very callous and very selfish.

EDIT EDIT: It's also connecting to the previous update... as this is a case of events that happened before when the pliers were not-alive being a very big deal to the pliers now that it is.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:52 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    ManaCaster wrote:
    It probably isn't impossible, but I suspect that's beyond Wanda's skill to decrypt. They probably should have used Dittomancy first.

Thecommander236 wrote:
    Also, it occurs to me that Wanda may have her world view VASTLY challenged when she talks to her Pliers and the Pliers admit that they doubt the existence of the Titans.

I think she's way more obsessed with Fate than the Titans themselves. And the Arkenpliers still assume they exist, it just isn't sure because it wasn't awake to witness it at the time.

Wanda told doll-Isaac that she could restore him to life. I doubt that she was lying about what she believes her capabilities with the Arkenpliers to be. Whether she can recover the other Great Minds, whose bodies are at the Temple, is another matter.

The Arkenpliers is alive now. I wonder if it has any way to make contact with its attuned mistress?

In any case, it is laying in a location which few people will have access to. It was Wanda's original destination, and it was also the place the doll-Isaac was headed. So even if Wanda ends up getting routed to some other location like ICFYS, the Arkenpliers may still get itself dragged her way safely.

Wanda never talked much about the Titans. But Fate was something which was always on her mind. I think that a alive and talking Arkenpliers would only enhance that.

A conversation with Marie and Wanda could be real enlightening about now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:06 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Ew, you got some threads all over your concept.
    Should... take care of that. Or absorb them, or whatever.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:08 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    So I heard you liked boop getting serious. So we put boop getting serious in your boop getting serious so you can scream WTB while screaming WTB.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:11 am 
    Metallicat wrote:
    Wanda told doll-Isaac that she could restore him to life. I doubt that she was lying about what she believes her capabilities with the Arkenpliers to be. Whether she can recover the other Great Minds, whose bodies are at the Temple, is another matter.

That was before the Arkenplier's birth ripped their minds into shreds. It's probably still possible, but I have to wonder if Wanda has that sort of skill. You would probably need other disciplines to recover the fragmented data.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:21 am 
    Lingo wrote:
    Thecommander236 wrote:

Eh, maybe. Fate is not necessarily the same as the Titans. Does Wanda ever speak of the Titans?

The Pliers mentioned "The 'not' is always calling", which may be a reference to Fate.

Have you forgotten? Zero always calls.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:31 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    These Arkenpliers, which have been gifted with the power of Speech (presumably by Big Thunk); does anybody think they may have also been endowed with the ability to send and receive Thinkagrams?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:35 am 
    I can get why DePliSac is frustrated. He spent too much time in theoretical debate and not in aPlied sciences.

I apologize for nothing.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions