Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 327
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:40 pm 
This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
greycat wrote:
GreySage wrote:
Is that not how turns work? I thought sides had all the time they needed to take their turns, they just eventually run out of stuff to do. Is there a canon answer?

There is a "natural end of turn" that will occur if the ruler doesn't explicitly end the turn (cited as https://wiki.erfworld.com/IPTSF_Text_77 on the wiki page).

Though there's still the possibility that the Ruler can actively "hold the turn open" if he chooses. Charlie talks about his turn being "stale" here, which could mean a variety of things.
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/144

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 am 
    That sound effect. Thanks for reminding me about TSOALR. Apparently there've been a few new issues several years back, even.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:52 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Caprice wrote:
    Of course this goes against the stated canon of the Tools being used to physically create the world.

I think I can prove that the shoes were used as a tool to physically create the world. Clearly, before beginning the first turn, they had to do last-minute adjustments. So someone had to run around to each of the spawn sites, each of the side capitals, etc., and tweak/verify/double check everything before the game began.

That last round of testing, validating, etc. would have simply taken too long without the infinite move shoes.

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:25 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Danalog wrote:
    I dunno about anybody else, but BIG THUNK is my new favorite sound effect.

It only just occurred to me that "Thunk" is the past tense of "think". In otherwords, Big Think no longer thinks (Because he is dead). ... ... ...

In light of this, in which I might be reading too much into it, it wasn't Isaac's mind exploding which croaked him. It was him hitting his head on the portal column.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:48 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    keybounce wrote:
    Caprice wrote:
    Of course this goes against the stated canon of the Tools being used to physically create the world.

I think I can prove that the shoes were used as a tool to physically create the world. Clearly, before beginning the first turn, they had to do last-minute adjustments. So someone had to run around to each of the spawn sites, each of the side capitals, etc., and tweak/verify/double check everything before the game began.

That last round of testing, validating, etc. would have simply taken too long without the infinite move shoes.

This is actually a common "tool" put into games by devs with large open worlds. Some way of teleporting from area to area in the game world. Any single player video game with "cheat codes"? Those aren't really cheat codes. They are developer tools used in the testing and development of the game.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions