Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 323
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:52 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 323
     Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:56 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    It's a series of tubes. It's not a truck.

Last edited by Ambug666 on Tue May 08, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    The thing I'm thinking about Templeton is that for all that he's a gabby dandy... he has big eyes and big ears. He knows when to watch and listen...

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ha! Lil' Caesar. I was wondering when that reference would come up. Also, confirmation that Makaleka broke Bill.

Yippie! Yippie!

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:57 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I don't need to worry about the serious issue because I don't want to yet, here's my ultimatum? Charlie would be so disappointed. If you can't get payed twice, make the client grateful to pay you once. Any good mercenary (and a few bad ones) know that rule

Last edited by SomeGuy411 on Tue May 08, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:58 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Heh Monte Zuma. I kinda get the Montezuma reference there, but the TV Tower is supposed to be like an Italian mobster, so I don't get how the Aztec reference here relates.

Also, Bill's alive? But brain dead? How the hell does that work? To quote Ross Scott pg Freeman's Mind: Hello?!

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:59 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Anyone else notice that the pipes representing the tutelaries are the same color as their portal? Jed is green, Shirley is orange, Huehue is yellow, and Templeton is red.

• Tipped by 11 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:00 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Templeton Listens in,
    Watches this, waits therein,
    Source of the Capitals.
    Shirley's demands they shall
    Surely be ransomed and
    Caesar's in trouble planned.
    Parson and Bonnie now
    Hopefully help somehow...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:03 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    If Bill is brain dead, they just need someone to stack with Caesar before Bill can respond to the order to croak him.

UristMcRandom wrote:
    Anyone else notice that the pipes representing the tutelaries are the same color as their portal? Jed is green, Shirley is orange, Huehue is yellow, and Templeton is red.

Great catch.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Does anyone else go over the "Pipes" panels with a fine-toothed comb looking for the Utah teapot? You know it's got to be in there :mrgreen:

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    So all these towers can just talk to each other whenever they want, and that doesn't cost juice. Using juice "from the source" is somehow bad, implying that it isn't as infinite as Charlie thinks. Like, I'm thinking this is like a "Mako energy" scenario from FF VII where over tapping the source will kill the planet, but am I off base here?

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

Last edited by Thecommander236 on Wed May 09, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter
    If Charlie is off-dish then he is no longer affecting Caesar. I think most of Caesars' despair was carnymancy. Per Parson from Janis: Carnymancy is the foolamancy of belief. I suspect HueHue is misleading/distracting Shirley so Caesar can have the option to free himself.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:09 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Interesting use of the dots connecting to highlighted groups of words. Templeton "connecting the dots" is translating temple signs to Language signamancy? :jed:

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Oof. "Monte Zuma"? Shirley is pretty... rough* around the edges.

*By rough I mean racist.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:12 am 
    Good question here: can the Towers even hurt Charlescomm? Like more than Charlescomm has been hurt by the MK? Is unplugging the line to the source even matter right now? Charlie is right, this is horrible timing to get a blackout. Like what are the Towers going to do? Tell on CC to their rulers. At least half of them would look at infinite juice and go "jackpot". Why do the towers CARE if the other Towers condemn them? They will get lonely? Or is there some physical or mental harm they can inflict on other towers?

PS: I just hit top five for most posts on the Erfworld forums if you rule out the Titan. So go me?

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Heh Monte Zuma. I kinda get the Montezuma reference there, but the TV Tower is supposed to be like an Italian mobster, so I don't get how the Aztec reference here relates.

Well, the towers seem to be representative of the side as well as the capital city in creation (I'm thinking back to ICFYS Templeton). I don't think the Italian mafia/Roman mafia style is what is being represented but rather what the tower feels itself to be. And in this case, it is a raging vampiric leader with a taste for revenge after all the recent events of scheming and backstabbing (Monte had a lot of that in his waters). The Aztecs were known for their blood sacrifices to their gods as well, which relates nicely to the vampire theme. As well as being warmongering across their lands (which I suppose also fits the TV in a constant state of fighting/infighting theme).

Last edited by Stevon Eiht Nane on Wed May 09, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:19 am 
    So in the new temple-based reality, Rulers are a part of the command structure but effectively temples can shut them right out and negotiate between themselves. I mean really - both Charlie and Caesar are pretty much side issues in this conversation - what they want doesn't count so much as what's needed for the side. Shirley's making plays based on the pieces she has in action - happily ready to give orders to the dolls with or without a functioning dollamancer. Everyone it turns out is a placeholder that can be used to generate functions through a temple's willpower - look at the way the tower enhanced the emotional bond between Parson and members of the side to counteract the spell. None of them had to perform any actions to exercise their part in the spell - just Jed sending juice in the right direction.

Am I right in thinking this means that somehow tutelaries are the side? We haven't had a side with a temple lose a ruler as yet. Previously that meant side over without an heir - but has that changed now? Can a tower act as regent? Would Caesar dying be inconvenient but beyond that nothing much?

Hrm.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:26 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    seanfish wrote:
    So in the new temple-based reality, Rulers are a part of the command structure but effectively temples can shut them right out and negotiate between themselves. I mean really - both Charlie and Caesar are pretty much side issues in this conversation - what they want doesn't count so much as what's needed for the side.

Huehue has already explicitly told Caesar that he couldn't make the final decision for the side, that he needed Caesar to tell him if the terms were acceptable.

The tutelaries are basically the guardian spirits of their sides, and immensely powerful, but they aren't the side per se.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:28 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Not a complaint about the update or its size, but this particular page somehow feels... incomplete?

Maybe we’ll get part two with a similar page on Friday.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    PS: I just hit top five for most posts on the Erfworld forums if you rule out the Titan. So go me?

Showoff.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions