Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 4 - Page 174
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:56 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 174
     Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:59 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Thanks Team Erf! Y’all are the best!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    So many possibilities, depending on who decides to act how....

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Has collected at least one unit
    Indeed it is, Big Think.

Also, I honestly never thought of why Parson had TV hold the gems, other than to build trust between the two new allies. And I'm continually flabbergasted by now liking Stanley, but Rob pulled it off!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:00 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    Oh no, Stanley slipped up!

He revealed that he thought Parson was actually smart!

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 13 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Hmm. I wonder how Jed's better .. I guess he means his collar's been broken by Isaac (or whatever he's called now). Also wondering if Isaac's somehow able to see through the portal or if he's veiled and actually stepped through the portal. If the latter, I wonder how no one's noticed/mentioned it yet.

Edit 1: Interesting golems there, too. Not crap ones, I see.
    Edit 2: Went back to look and it sure looks like Isaac is through the portal. So now I'm wondering about the mechanics of coming through a portal veiled. I would expect the ruler to know someone came in, but not be able to see them. Maybe it's some kind of Carnymancy (breaking the rule that the ruler would know the unit entered)?

Last edited by Fla_Panther on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    Stanley will be really upset once he finds out that the money is already in Charlies greedy hands again. Depending on the income versus upkeep situation of Gobwin Knob this may become a really big problem next turn. Its not like they can mine some gems in "I am coming for you Stanley" any more...

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Steady on Stanley, old Hamster signed that contract with Charlescomm remember? Among other errors. New Hamster may have some strange ideas, but still...

The big problem with new Hamster is that he's taken his off the ball and appears to be presuming Wanda can waltz into Spacerock whenever she likes, without fear of interception. He's trying to sprint before he can crawl. He's in such a hurry to strike at Charlie, that he's ignoring vital steps in the plan. For without Wanda and her cronies, there's no point to any of this. And while there appears to be nothing he can do to help Wanda, that deal with the gems served no purpose if she can't escape the bedrock tunnels.

Last edited by Whispri on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:07 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip
    Realeyna wrote:
    Indeed it is, Big Think.

Also, I honestly never thought of why Parson had TV hold the gems, other than to build trust between the two new allies. And I'm continually flabbergasted by now liking Stanley, but Rob pulled it off!

TV had to hold the gems: GK doesn't have a Moneymancer to create the gems, and Parson, as signatory to the treaty, needed to have them close at hand to pay the contract penalties. Short of sending Parson to Spacerock with Ben, this was the only way to make the plan work.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 am 
    Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user has been published! Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    I'm gonna have to have this gem thing explained a bit better, cause the reasoning Parson just used has some holes in it.

Let's be clear. The question Stanley asked was not why the gems were made, we all know it was to minimize the cost of contract infractions, it was "why are the gems still over at TV?" To which Parson replied that he didn't want them to count as GK assets, and that excuse just doesn't fly with me.

My understanding is that you WANT them to count as assets. If they don't count as assets, that means Charlie can take units and cities as compensation, which would be disastrous. The reason that the gems needed to be created was the problem of having smucker assets, specifically.

Charlie could take up to 5 million smucker assets a shot, but, as gem assets, he can only take 500k a shot, as was shown on page 116 http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/116

If they don't count as assets at all, however, then Charlie can now get cities and units, which causes Parson to sacrifice himself again, and then Charlie wins, probably. Basically, you don't want to have to sacrifice things, and people, when you can use smuckers, but GK no longer has any smuckers to spare, and that would still be the case even if Charlie hadn't stolen them already. A full out assault on TV is incredibly risky right now, even ignoring the problems of just getting there.

A better answer would be something along the lines of, "it was because I didn't know we had a hat to send them through", or "I wanted to leave them at TV to show our trust, and I thought they would be safe at TV". Parson said that it was "so they didn't count as assets."

Now, I want everyone to understand that I don't disagree with the plan of having Ben turn smuckers into gems. We are all on board with that plan, and I can even understand Parson deliberately leaving the gems over at TV, but what I don't accept, is Parson saying that the reason he did so wasn't because he wanted to show trust in TV, or because he didn't know there was a hat at GK, I disagree with Parson saying that he wanted them to count as TV assets, which implies a specific advantage for them being counted as such, and there simply isn't one.

Last edited by tomaO2 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    I think Big Think is basically saying "I'm gonna regret this..."

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:09 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Found some definitions for ano’ē
    Anoe (ă-nŏ-ē'), v.
    To be unlike in any respect; to be of a different state, condition, or the like; to be dissimilar.
    ʻano ʻē
    vs. Strange, odd, unusual, uncommon, grotesque, peculiar, eccentric, freakish, queer, quaint, different, uncomfortable

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:10 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip
    tomaO2 wrote:
    I'm gonna have to have this gem thing explained a bit better.

My understanding is that you WANT them to count as assets. If they don't count as assets, that means Charlie can take units and cities as compensation, which would be disastrous.

If you don't have Shmuckers, you get hit with a Claim, where you have the choice of assets to send.

I think Parson can get the claim, pick up a gem, submit that as the payment for the contract breach, rinse, repeat.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:11 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Title text Stanley has a point: The real Hamster would never do his own laundry.

Fla_Panther wrote:
    Hmm. I wonder how Jed's better .. I guess he means his collar's been broken by Isaac (or whatever he's called now). Also wondering if Isaac's somehow able to see through the portal or if he's veiled and actually stepped through the portal. If the latter, I wonder how no one's noticed/mentioned it yet.

Because he is veiled. Veiled units are typically difficult to notice.

edit: Also judging by Jed's eyebrows: he clearly has noticed him.

Last edited by Anomynous 167 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:12 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    tomaO2 wrote:
    I'm gonna have to have this gem thing explained a bit better.

My understanding is that you WANT them to count as assets. If they don't count as assets, that means Charlie can take units and cities as compensation, which would be disastrous.

The contract's penalty is a range from 500k to 5 million per violation, depending on how much money the violator has. With a bunch of 500K gems, GK can pay the minimum penalty every time they violate the contract.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:13 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I'm glad to see Parson taking portal security seriously. He's using a double gated airlock system, with guards in both compartments.

It seems to be golems by the portal, but who are those two units between the gates? Frog men? Are they golems or some variety of elf? I wonder if they're a reference to something.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Why is Antium Golden Brown all of a sudden? Has he been deep fried?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:16 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Omnimancer wrote:
    It seems to be golems by the portal, but who are those two units between the gates? Frog men? Are they golems or some variety of elf? I wonder if they're a reference to something.

Hard rock golems in the entry, soft rock golems in between the gates. They look like the guys in the lineup way back in book 1 that defined the different golem types.

"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think."
    --Horace Walpole

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Fla_Panther wrote:

Because he is veiled. Veiled units are typically difficult to notice.

edit: Also judging by Jed's eyebrows: he clearly has noticed him.

I take that back. Those statues can't be Jed. Jed doesn't wear pants.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:19 am 
    Shai hulud wrote:
    Why is Antium Golden Brown all of a sudden? Has he been deep fried?

Presumably an art error, Red is on the case.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions