Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 316
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Null wrote:
Let's look at an analogy here.

You have a tumor. You go to the hospital for surgery, to have it removed. You've signed a contract saying they can remove the tumor, but you know there are risks.

Then, while you're under anesthesia, the surgeon removes your tumor. But they also remove a kidney, because they never liked them. Then they let their medical students come and take out whatever they want, so the medical students remove a few ribs! And then they give you an intravenous alcohol injection, so you won't be able to remember anything in the last few hours, including agreeing to the surgery in the first place.

Well.

That's pretty evil, isn't it?
In our world? Yes. In Erfworld, a zero sum game where murdering your neighbor is the order of the day required to survive? Not really. The surgeon in this analogy is an enemy leader who is making a truce with you that you've already reneged on once. Like... letting an enemy caster do ANYTHING in your brain is a bad move at the best of times. Letting them do it immediately after you screwed them? That's war. If someone offers you a truce and everyone else in your country accepts except you, and then you screw the guy offering the truce and insist he go and rewrite your brain... I don't think he's evil for rewriting it in a way that benefits him. He's not good or noble for doing it but he's hardly evil. Especially when the medical student in question is HER healomancer, not his.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 316
     Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:18 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    elecampane wrote:

[...]

tunasammich wrote:
    Addendum: I liked the "adult noises" that Charlie makes when imitating Jed.

You mean "wommp-womp-wahh"? I thougth that was "sad trombone" noises, kinda like this

Here's a clip of what I interpereted it as: The noise that adults make in Charlie Brown

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions