Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 170
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:41 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
So... does anyone want to bring up the possibility of Templeton catching onto Marie's lies about being popped in Faq? Last time I checked, she was popped in the Magic Kingdom under the direction of Wanda from Gobwin Knob.

This'll make Jillian seriously doubt Marie's loyalties.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:50 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    So... does anyone want to bring up the possibility of Templeton catching onto Marie's lies about being popped in Faq? Last time I checked, she was popped in the Magic Kingdom under the direction of Wanda from Gobwin Knob.

But her first popping was in Faq. The original Faq, under King Banhammer. Marie isn't lying, but she's being intentionally confusing with her language, not explaining to Templeton how there was a discontinuity in the existence of Faq as a side.

Jade wrote:
    But aren't Predictions basically Fate?

This is one of the big unanswered questions. We don't really know what a Prediction is yet, or how it interacts with Fate, or what Fate really is. The tiny little glimpse we just got from Marie is the first POV text update we've ever had from a Predictamancer, IIRC. Prior Marie POV action was in the comic pages when she was assaulting ICFYS with Georgia, and had no inner monologue.

Violet wrote:
    I have the impression Fate doesn't have plans so much as objectives.

That's possible.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:17 pm 
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    greycat wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    I have the impression Fate doesn't have plans so much as objectives.

That's possible.

This is the way I think it is. Fate is like a DM running a game, they have a place they want the characters to end up, but the characters have free will. So Fate(the DM) constantly adjusts the scenario to keep things on the track they want. When they do it well, its seem-less and no-one really notices. When backed into a corner you have to have your protagonist knocked out with a falling brick. Either way "free-will" and "fate" both exist at the same time.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:40 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Mined 4 Erf
    Violet wrote:
    I have the impression Fate doesn't have plans so much as objectives. And I think Marie supports this in her vignette; possibly she's still learning too. Imperfect unreliable knowledge.

I look at it kind of how I see time in the Doctor Who universe. There is a definite beginning, middle and end, there is a definite journey between these points but outside that, some things are kind of fluid and can be worked around and over, there are other things that are absolutely set in stone and Fate will either block people into it or throw a tantrum if it is worked against.

Charlie is an irritant, he breaks things and currently shouldn't exist, so it is throwing an epic level tantrum and throwing everything it has into fixing this problem. If I recall, Charlie's demeanour changed when he attuned with the Dish which we know gives him a view on things that others don't get to see, so question I have is what in Fate's grand design made Charlie decide that he was going to change his whole way of doing things?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:38 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Jade wrote:
    Goodness, what the heck happened here. I'm trying to read the new posts and I'm just seeing a red wall of "scrubbed." While I don't doubt what was removed was bad, a part of my brain is like I must know the forbidden texts.

Now you'll never know the context in which me saying "I can't read the word "sexual" followed by a 6-7 letter word ending with "er", without thinking they're talking about Lobsters..." makes sense...

Spoiler: show
    Which, by the way, was not a Jordan Peterson reference but a SexuaLobster one... Not referencing anything specific he did, just his channel's name.

Wait. You thought I would be revealing the context in these spoiler tags?

I'm not baiting you. The sentence following "Wait" litterally occoured to me after finishing writing "Not referencing anything specific he did...".

I guess you could ask for a pm for context or me say publicly

greycat wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

But her first popping was in Faq. The original Faq, under King Banhammer. Marie isn't lying, but she's being intentionally confusing with her language, not explaining to Templeton how there was a discontinuity in the existence of Faq as a side.

Not intentionally confusing. Things are complicated.

However I doubt Templeton would be able to tell where Marie was originally popped, what with Decryption over-riding that detail.

Then again, Jillian could take the information from Templeton to mean that Marie had been popped in Gobwin Knob during her first "life", if you can call a Wanda Puppet having any life at all. After all, how would Jillian know where Marie popped? She's older than Jillian. It was under Marie's advice that Banhammer popped Jillian in the first place.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:35 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I think part of the reason Templeton is so wacky (unhinged?) is that
    1) Temples seem to at least slightly take after the side [while Shirley don't really jive with Charlie, she is an ok fit with how much of the Archons view him]
    2) When Templeton was created, FAQ had barely any people, (one of them being Marie)
    3) Jillian's mind is still really messed up from book 0

Thus people complaining about Templeton being unhinged and not seeming super loyal might be being too harsh

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions