Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 167
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:38 am 
This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
Merilynne wrote:
They're playing for fingers and toes? Their own? :shock:

Does this mean Juggle Elves have repositionable fingers and toes?

No, I think they just count on them being restored at the start of the next Turn. All wounds healed, after all...

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:40 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I am loving Maggie's growth as a character. I wonder if thinkamancers all can think without juice, they just subconsciously expend some to think 'harder'. I can't wait to see her replace the great minds, hopefully.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    It also occurs to me that Maggionette could do a hell of a lot of damage to CC just by ordering the other dolls (which we know she can do) to start attacking TV units but ineffectually at a cost of $1m for every poke to the ribs or kick to the shins. Surely that story Charlie told Wanda must be foreshadowing for something.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:42 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    No one in particular wrote:
    Merilynne wrote:

No, I think they just count on them being restored at the start of the next Turn. All wounds healed, after all...

Do severed body parts always vanish at start of turn? Or can you keep them if they're claimed?

It raises the possibility of doing grotesque things like wearing bone armor made out of your own bones, or skinning yourself over the course of several turns to make a taxidermy replica of yourself as decoration.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:43 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    I had to read it twice, but I figured out what the "third accessory that makes Ace a man" is. :oops: And an "underwear" joke! That is classic (if a bit questionable in the realm of classy).

Which makes the reference to touching his accessories.... oh my! :oops: :shock: :oops:

Some first rate naughtymancy going on here. :D

And an excellent update all round. Solid perspective pieces!

Edit: Now that I look at it again, Ace is REALLY sexually fixated. "Chief Hugeness", "beefing up", "Chief Volcano"...is this the result of him not being able to "auto-special" his "gun"?

Last edited by Cantripmancer on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 13 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:45 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Love the juxtaposition of their voices in the text.

After several pages of huge developments we come to a page setting up some more. Good. What's Parson's move here aside from waiting for Wanda & Co. to show up? Does he grab a miracle pole, stack with Ace, poke his head through the portal, and look around? Bonnie has her hat back on but presumably their gonna get some mags off Sizemore and send them to TV?

As for Maggie, man... I dunno. Did she just take control of Fashion Maggie or give it some free will or something? It's still in CC livery so she can't have taken her back. And what is the doll doing? Just mouthing off? Is it going to attack a fellow CC unit?

God damn it now I gotta wait until Friday.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Citizen Alan wrote:
    It also occurs to me that Maggionette could do a hell of a lot of damage to CC just by ordering the other dolls (which we know she can do) to start attacking TV units but ineffectually at a cost of $1m for every poke to the ribs or kick to the shins. Surely that story Charlie told Wanda must be foreshadowing for something.

You can cause violations without even doing damage. Real Maggie could surrender to Fashion Maggie. Fashion Maggie takes real Maggie prisoner, costing CC, before setting real Maggie free. Rinse, repeat, until CC tries to disband the doll.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:54 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    It's nice to see Maggie learning to actually THINK, not just to follow

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:58 am 
    Man, Fashion Maggie looks as uptight as Book 1 Maggie

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:24 am 
    I've been reading Erfworld since like page 5 in book 1 when it was posted on GITP back in the day, but I think this is the first time I've ever actually posted. But I had a thought, and was curious to what others might think about it.

I'm wondering, with his fascination with them as the Ultimate Accessory... could Ace possibly attune to the Arkenpliers? Is it canon that only one unit can be attuned to a 'Tool at a time?

It would certainly explain why Wanda might end up joining Jillian, in sheer anger and despondency to someone else daring to use what she feels is Fated for her.

Makes me wonder if the 'Tools might change some aspects of their abilities depending on who is using them. We've only seen one user of the 'Shoes, 'Hammer, and 'Dish. The 'Shoes provided a Warlady with infinite move, the 'Hammer gives Stanley (who is not bright, impulsive, and sees himself as a powerful combatant and ruler) the ability to tame dwagons, rock, shock, and fly. The 'Dish helps Charlie be the Ultimate Carnymancer.

The 'Pliers in Ansom's hands, while not fully attuned, just gave him a huge bonus against Uncroaked. Ansom's pretty straightforward and unimaginative, the 'Pliers didn't have a lot to work with there. But in Wanda, who is obsessed with bringing units back, it became the ultimate Uncroaker, probably feeding on both her Croakamancy as well as the regret of losing her brother and her original side.

If my theory is right, Ace attuning would likely allow him to grant that same auto-specialization ability to his guns that he's so focused on right now. And would likely bump up his accessory making.

Just a thought.

• Tipped by 18 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:35 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lipkin wrote:
    Citizen Alan wrote:
    I am increasingly certain that Claud (and likely Ivan) will not make it to Jetstone. Ace's absolute certainty that they are both coming renders it impossible under the Rule of the Announced Plan.

Yeah. Parson probably sends Wanda the Pliers via hat, only for Wanda to take the pliers, Claud and Ivan to Faq, whereupon she turns.

Why would she turn to Faq? There's nothing for her there. Now conquering ICFYS... that may tempt her. And it would require her to turn barbarian so she could face the Queen...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:38 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Whispri wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    Citizen Alan wrote:
    I am increasingly certain that Claud (and likely Ivan) will not make it to Jetstone. Ace's absolute certainty that they are both coming renders it impossible under the Rule of the Announced Plan.

Yeah. Parson probably sends Wanda the Pliers via hat, only for Wanda to take the pliers, Claud and Ivan to Faq, whereupon she turns.

Why would she turn to Faq? There's nothing for her there. Now conquering ICFYS... that may tempt her. And it would require her to turn barbarian so she could face the Queen...

Well, it's fated she'll turn to FAQ, so she'll turn. Whether she'll want to turn is another matter entirely.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:41 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Rob,
    You've dubbed Parson Chief Volcano. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have Ace make him some new 'duds' with a frickin' volcano. Give this man a makeover! *starts petition*

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 am 
    Omnimancer wrote:
    Whispri wrote:

Well, it's fated she'll turn to FAQ, so she'll turn. Whether she'll want to turn is another matter entirely.

I have to quibble with you there. Unless I've missed something, the only reason to think Wanda might turn to FAQ is Marie saying "I'll tell [Wanda] it is fated." Given Marie's recent streak of dubious trustworthiness, that could just be her promising to lie to and manipulate Wanda, who has been shown to heed Marie's advice before.

--Again, that's if I haven't missed anything else in the interim.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:54 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Whispri wrote:

Because World War Tool would make an awesome book 5.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:00 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Wow.... so much to take in... It seems very much like Maggie is growing to be the first of the new 'great minds'... I see a huge parallel in discipline perception in this update to Jack's perspective updates. In Jack's perspective, he sees the world how it is, how it could be and (most importantly I think for masterclass status) how others see it. Now Maggie is walking a similar path, being forced to recognize how non-thinkamancers 'think' without juice...

Oh well.... back to the mines...

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:05 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    RandomNPC wrote:
    I have to quibble with you there. Unless I've missed something, the only reason to think Wanda might turn to FAQ is Marie saying "I'll tell [Wanda] it is fated." Given Marie's recent streak of dubious trustworthiness, that could just be her promising to lie to and manipulate Wanda, who has been shown to heed Marie's advice before.

Indeed, the only element you are missing is one that makes you MORE correct. I am not the only unit fated to serve Queen Jillian.

That's HIGHLY suspicious wording. She doesn't even say "caster" or "FAQ!" Maybe she just has vague details that COULD apply to Wanda. Maybe Jillian will kill Stanley, attune to the pliers, and rule over Wanda as Queen of Gobwin Knob. Marie might think turning Wanda to turn to FAQ is the "easy path," and she might even be correct, but so what? Delphie had the same logic for making Wanda turn to Haffaton, and look how THAT attempted simple solution turned out in the end. :shock:

Edit: technojunkie, that is an excellent point. Jack is still unmistakably a Master Foolamancer when he has no juice. Perhaps it is the mark of a true master that their discipline transcends magic itself.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:10 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Merilynne wrote:

Juggle Elves are based on Juggalos, fans of the Insane Clown Posse. Among the characteristics attributed to Juggalos is a rebellious disregard for their own well-being, including a willingness to scarify themselves for nothing more than shock value.

On Erf, of course, amputated digits will be restored at the beginning of the next turn, so shock value is pretty much the point.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Has collected at least one unit
    Nice to hear from Ace again. Wow, he's really hung up on the auto-Specialing failure if a former Jetstoner is willing to learn Carnymancy.

Loved Maggie's section too. It makes a lot of intuitive sense that a Master of a particular discipline would need to stop seeing that discipline as some marvelous, unknowable thing on a pedestal to be able to understand it on that level.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    RandomNPC wrote:
    Omnimancer wrote:
    Whispri wrote:

--Again, that's if I haven't missed anything else in the interim.

Maybe that would have worked earlier in this book. Maybe it still will, considering it would be poor to do two fakeouts WRT Wanda turning in a row. But it would be a lot more dramatic if Wanda decided to croak Jillian instead, triggering full contract default in the middle of all these other shenanigans.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions