Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 311
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:43 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

This was posted as our first non-ontime update, due to unforseen circumstances. No pledges will be charged for this page, but the artists will be paid as if we had posted on time. The rest of the team's compensation will not be affected.

Free Cards Day has been unlocked! This non-billed update will count toward your "10 consecutive pledges billed" requirement to receive a physical deck of cards. Watch for information on how to confirm your mailing address before the next update posts (which should be Tuesday, but unforeseen circumstances are unforeseeable).

Please do not use Reactions to discuss the pledge/ontime situation. It's fine to talk about it elsewhere on the site, but Reactions is for discussing the update.

• Tipped by 14 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 311
     Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I was so worried that we'd miss out on an update today, but I checked back, and huzzah!

Also, completely forgot that there was an available hat so close to Parson.

It all begins to come together...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I hope nothing to bad happened. Thumbs up for posting the update anyway instead of waiting until the next update day. Thats a serious financial sacrifice from your side.

Also, hurray for hitting the next Toolshed Milestone and Free Card Day!

For the contends of the update, I both love Jed's "We got Charlie in trouble with his mother" (translated for convenience) line and Bonnie's simple response: "Hat".

For Bonnie herself, she really hates incompetence therefore her mood should drastically improve while having Parson as her direct boss instead of having to endure Stanley's mucking about.

And lastly, I have to let out my inner nitpicker again:
    The dolls had another shade of Charlie Blue the last time we have seen them.

The Imperfect Warlord

Last edited by Bandaid on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I'm with Jed on this one, it was a funny joke.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:56 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I think the most valuable acquisition that GK has made, but not realized, was Bonnie. Head full of Tactics and Intel, and the drive to use it.

I am sure Parson will find her indispensable.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:58 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ooooooooohh boop! What else can be sent by hat? He can pen a note directly to Skyy with detailed info on what to say and do. Also I think Ceasar just gave Ben a subvocalized order.

Maggie knows something is about to go down and she has an awesome plan, right? The way the next panel included Maggionete, as well as Jed mentioning her leads me to believe we’re going to see something awesomely unexpected, Titans willing.

Plus we get some set of for Ceasar doing making some Moneymancer moves. Thankfully Charlie is distracted and Bill isn’t smart enough to argue well or force Ceasar to stand in front of him and the door.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:59 am 
    Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool!
    I do not think I have seen anything about a maximum size that can be transported by hat. I am now wondering if you can send small golems or even full sized units by hat? If I have missed it in an earlier comic I apologize.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:01 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Bonnie took her hat off, yet it is Parson with the hat-hair.

Thaddius1000 wrote:
    I do not think I have seen anything about a maximum size that can be transported by hat. I am now wondered if you can send small golems or even full sized units by hat? If I have missed it in an earlier comic I apologize.

Cubbins once pulled a rabbit out of a hat.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:01 am 
    I like the new style that gets out of the drawing + coloring. The characters seem younger and it feels as if we're back in a cute gaming world, not unlike in book one, which contrasts nicely with the dire atrocities taking place in it...

Kudos !

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:04 am 
    Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool!
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Now the question is can you fit a small Juggle Elf into a hat?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:10 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit E is for Erfworld Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Too bad we haven't seen Rocket J. Squirrel. He can pull almost anything out of a hat, apparently. Tiger, Lion, Rhino...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:12 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    It's interesting how much Jed knows - that Caesar's will is broken, the details of the TV/CC treaty. Those are details that aren't obvious if his only source of information is what Fashion Maggie can see.

Bonnie is going to be exceptional with Parson, because Parson has shown a talent for helping the people around him fix their flaws by inspiring them. He becomes emotionally invested in them, and they in him. Charlie, with his cold and calculating viewpoint, could never hope to do that. I hope she gets a moment of triumph over Charlie before she's finally dusted.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Twitter: overdroid
    YouTube: cartoonoverlord
    Bonnie doesn't waste time. I like that.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:40 am 
    Titan wrote:
    This was posted as our first non-ontime update, due to unforseen circumstances. No pledges will be charged for this page, but the artists will be paid as if we had posted on time. The rest of the team's compensation will not be affected.

The only thing I'll say is, it's big of you to do this.
    Thanks to you and the rest for working hard. :jetstone:

Anyway,
    Bonnie wrote:
    Hat.

Wow, I'm impressed. That's actually really good to know.
    My first response was actually, "Ooooooh!"

Actually, lately I've been falling into the trap of liking text updates more than the actual comic pages, if only because they're so much more verbose and indepth. But there's quite a lot of little things to unpack here, I think it's a really good update.

Ben is obviously up to something, even if he's got a good excuse for it. Hope he's got a good plan cooking.
    Also Maggie's becoming more aware of the situation than she's letting on. Jack is out of the loop of course, but he's keeping up admirably, especially given his second guessing himself a few pages back. I can't help but think, if you weren't taking the chance offered to get out of the temple, then standing next to the portal is just about the next safest place for a caster to be. I mean, it'll close if Caesar croaks, but the point stands regardless.

I suppose giving Skyy extra ammo is a pretty good plan on Bonnie's end, or at least as best they can manage for the time being. As long as the ceasefire exists as it is now, Charles can't fight back without giving payouts, and Skyy can easily topple any number of dolls with that gun, the only limiting factor being her ammo count. If GK is supplying extra ammo via hat, then this could keep up all the way until the contracts are redone.
    In this instance, the longer it takes a new contract to go through, the worse Charlie's position becomes, and the more agitated Bill becomes. It may actually be in Transylvito's best interest to delay as long as possible, in which case Caesar is doing the exact right thing, even if it's for the wrong reasons.

And poor Caesar.
    Really drives home the point with Jed's succinct description.
    "Caesar broke." So sad, yet true. Even Ben seems to realize it.
    Here's hoping they can help piece him back together.

Last edited by Kuraulyek on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:42 am 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Something unexpected about to happen. Not sure how Bill will help, but I guess he's not going to stop Skyy. Pardon will give extra ammo and tell her exactly who needs croaking.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:47 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    The last time we saw the needle-armed dolls in the portal room they were grey-marble and dark charlescomm-blue clad, this was Book 3 page 303. Now they are aquamarine-apatite and light charlescomm-blue clad. Are these dolls fabric or are they rock?

It's a better look than the hatted molls that were with Viscountess Skyy Appletini (queen) that turned with Doller Bill the light blue tunic over a dark blue vest. I wonder if Shirley Temple did this in between panels.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Seems to me you can use any hat to send as long as the recipient has the right hat to receive. Or maybe any hat can be used but you need to cast a spell, like a hat trick :D

Thaddius1000 wrote:
    I do not think I have seen anything about a maximum size that can be transported by hat. I am now wondering if you can send small golems or even full sized units by hat? If I have missed it in an earlier comic I apologize.

I would naturally assume that it's only limited by the aperture of the sending and receiving hats. You could send a full ladder one half (vertically) at a time :P

Last edited by alowe on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:08 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Nakedkali wrote:
    The last time we saw the needle-armed dolls in the portal room they were grey-marble and dark charlescomm-blue clad, this was Book 3 page 303. Now they are aquamarine-apatite and light charlescomm-blue clad. Are these dolls fabric or are they rock?

It's a better look than the hatted molls that were with Viscountess Skyy Appletini (queen) that turned with Doller Bill the light blue tunic over a dark blue vest. I wonder if Shirley Temple did this in between panels.

They've always been cloth. you can see stitches on them in both pages. But their attire did change colors. They used to match Bill's apron and now match his shirt.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Rei_Jin wrote:
    Also, completely forgot that there was an available hat so close to Parson.

I don't think we even knew that Bonnie's hat was a magic one! Or at least I didn't.

Anomynous 167 wrote:

Maybe it's just sweaty running hair?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:18 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    danixdefcon5 wrote:
    Something unexpected about to happen. Not sure how Bill will help, but I guess he's not going to stop Skyy. Pardon will give extra ammo and tell her exactly who needs croaking.

"Skyy

Be advised that CC can remotely execute Caesar. Any attempts upon portal room will trigger this. Destruction of CC dolls anywhere but portal room will not. Negotiations with CC are ongoing. Happy hunting.

PG LH"

Istaro wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Maybe it's just sweaty running hair?

Hair full of grog.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions