Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 310
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 310
     Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "Kings send their mooks out to croak, and that's how it is. [Scripture passage]"

Looks like "Scripture passage" was a placeholder?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:09 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Huh, so Dollamancers can make traps too? So there doesn't seem to be much difference between them and Dirtamancers.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Clever tower.

I've finished a fan fic called Shall We Play a Game?.

I'm writing Tales from Seven Hex Valley and Dwagon Riders of Erf.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Huehue was clever, making Bill waste his juice like that. He made Bill, so he knew his weaknesses and acted accordingly.

Interesting how Huehue is looking to his leader for advice, Jed gives Stanley advice and Shirley does a lot of things on her own (e.g. no more gardening channel) to Charlie. I wonder if the contrasts are due to the differing rulers, the differing cities, or something else entirely?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:11 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Lol, nice one HueHue. Get the traitor to waste all his juice improving defenses that you can tear apart at will. Titans, it'll be so satisfying watching Bill get the Starling treatment.

Just realized, Huehue said "I Want you to die, traitor". So I guess it's all the towers that can use stupidwords, not just ones connected to Charlie or Parson.

Last edited by DyolfKnip on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:11 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Bird wrote:
    "Kings send their mooks out to croak, and that's how it is. [Scripture passage]"

Caesar is just a mook, you can't expect him to remember it all by heart.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:12 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Shouldn't each kick of Caesar by Bill cost Charlie another million?

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:13 am 
    Wow. I was sure that the tower was setting him up for some trap. Was not expecting "Making a point in the most extra way possible". I'm honestly so curious how this parley goes now. I was sure it wasn't going to actually happen until the end there.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:13 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ok, I realize Caesar's last turns where really shitty and he has a lot of stuff to blame himself for. But right now is not the time to give up, damm it. I am a bit dissapointed from his behaviour.

Now the tower/temple is playing for keeps. Nice work on the Dollamancer, getting him to waste juice so he cannot pull to many more tricks and putting more pressure on him in the hopes he does something stupid which turns out beneficial for TV. Best case scenario he gets so scared that he leaves the city through the portal. Probably won't happen but one can hope.

Also, if Caesar does snap out of it, he won't take kindly to "I am glad that Bunny croaked."

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:14 am 
    dwp222 wrote:

Maybe it will. He did cost Charlie a ton of money when he sent in the dolls.

Also, what does "pinataphile" mean in this context? Like the pinatas children hit to get the candy?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Bird wrote:

Sorry, another version control issue. Really thought that one was caught. Fixed now.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

dwp222 wrote:
    Based on the Lilith events I don't think prisoners count as part of the side for the sake of treaty violations. Caeser is fair game for Bill.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:16 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I find it fascinating that HueHue said "I popped you, Dollamancer". That implies that HueHue considers himself to be himself even before he was animated as a Tutelary.

I love HueHue's insults. Haha, denigrating Bill's work as rubbish and Bill himself as a pinataphile. Pinataphile! It's a great insult.

And clearly the insults are meant to make Bill waste his juice and limit his options. Can a juice-less caster link even with Charlie and the Arkendish? I'm not sure; does anyone know?

I feel bad for poor Caesar. He's so very depressed. A ruler being captured in his own capital by a caster who used to be his probably doesn't happen very often.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:16 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Shai hulud wrote:
    Huh, so Dollamancers can make traps too? So there doesn't seem to be much difference between them and Dirtamancers.

Any caster can use shockmancy, if I recall correctly, which is the type of trap Huehue suggested.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:17 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    So Huehue could kill Bill any time he wanted to, without Bill even knowing it, which should repatriate Caesar... but he doesn’t? Maybe because he can’t take action or initiative on his own? Which is in stark contrast to Jed and Shirley.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Caesar's being a bit silly. Does he not understand that, by worrying about whether he's qualified to rule, he's embodying the traits of a good leader? He's putting Don on a pedestal in his head. We the audience know that Don struggled with these same things.

Kings and Overlords aren't infallible. They worry about whether they're making the right call. They get in over their heads. However, self-doubt isn't the same thing as self-reflection. Caesar, you mustn't let yourself be paralyzed by indecisiveness. Sometimes you find yourself in charge and you need to act.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    So this explains something that has been bugging me for weeks.

When captive Ansom attacks Jillian, it causes his natural dirtamancy shackles to dissolve.

I've been wondering why Caesar did not simply attack Bill; presumably, the same thing would happen. Sure, Caesar's collar is Dollamancy not Dirtamancy, but it's still magically created. I would expect that Bill would have to pump more juice into keeping it intact to prevent the collar from disappearing upon Caesar's attack. So if Bill is finally low enough on juice, it seems to me that Caesar could now attack him, and automagically destroy the collar by doing so.

And now we know why Caesar did not just immediately turn and start kicking Bill's ass...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Wait. I think I just realized something: Transylvito's tower has a transylvito personality as he's clearly baiting Bill. It also knows all about the dollamancy guns and likely is trying to make Bill trigger contract penalties. It likely knew much before becoming offically "aware", as it/he said, he IS the tower and the walls have ears. Charlescomm's tower has the personality of one who spends all day watching television and the arkendish is a satellite with tv stations. Jed was just what Stanley needed to mellow out but Spacerock was Trammenis's before and likely was influenced by the previous side before coming into "awareness". My curiosity makes me wonder if Gobwin Knob/ ICFYS's tower will have a FAQ personality from the current ruler or Stanley's... These tower personalities make sense now!

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:18 am 
    Few spelling/grammar issues. Fix in bold:

"Bill kicked him a couple times, as he was pullinng himself back into the same hands-and-knees position that Bill had assumed for him just a few nights ago."

And the 'n' in "pinataphile" needs to be an enya -- it needs to be a squiggly n, the "n" with a tilde over it.

Last edited by Pointyleaf on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions