Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 303
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

Original tagline idea too spoilery: The Moneymancer spots a phony Bill

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 303
     Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:07 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Holy boop!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:07 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Oh for flips sake, new general order: No unit takes a call from Charlie. On pain of immediate disbandment.

Now if only that order could be applied retroactively. And automatically enforced.

The Imperfect Warlord

Last edited by Bandaid on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:08 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Well that is not the twist I was expecting in this update. Nice.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Well that went from 0 to 60 in a hurry!

One thing I can't quite make out: is that the pendant doubling as a choker, or is that a new string at play?

Last edited by Glaciesofpacis on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I love how it's both predictable, and unexpected? Like...we all kinda thought it might be coming, but we COULDN'T be sure. And definitely not this way exactly. I'm fascinated to see how the new tower reacts, what this means, how/if Caesar gets out of it.

And because I am MORALLY COMPELLED to do so:

ET TU, BILLE?

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Twitter: orellanapuga
    Hey! Something I can actually contribute!

Tlatoani is a Mexica (Aztec) ruler.

Edit: "Mexica" is not a typo, it's pronounced Meh-she-ca
    Edit 2: fixed a typo for, ironically, typo

Last edited by gimli_mx on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Indeed. Nahuatl for “king”.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Oh, crap.

We might get to see what happens when an awakened Tower’s city suffers a decapitation strike.

If Ceasar remains conscious long enough, can he make Benjamin the heir and pass the regency to him?

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    The real question now is, did the Maggie-golem turn too? And is it a good thing or a bad thing?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    The walls have ears. So when they grow mouths and start talking, you'd better listen.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:14 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Man, the home team sure are acting like suckers lately.

Someone totally called the necklace being a choker last page. Good job!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:16 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, fuck. :-(

Hope he's not dead. Caesar's a great character.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:17 pm 
    Bunny's death is still fresh, it's understandable he'd get all choked up.

• Tipped by 31 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:18 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    The real question now is, did the Maggie-golem turn too? And is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Hmmm. With its string to both Transylvito's tower and GK's tower, the Maggie-golem might just allow the towers to talk to each other.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    200 Doombats vs. 1 caster and ... I dunno how many dolls. Did Bill just take the 2-3 in the throne room with him, or did he take the entire city's worth of dolls?

Man, I'm gonna miss ya, Bill, but... I'm also not gonna miss ya.

And you'd better not hurt Makaleka.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I figured Charlie had gotten at least one hook into Bill. I didn't think it was going to go all the way, nor did I think it would manifest so quickly. What, no several dozen pages of cloak-and-dagger? Well, now I don't know what to think. :roll:

Actually, I do know what to think. Tondy was within a hex or two of panic at the sisters having to take orders from Ivan or Claud -- either of whom, though unscrupulous, is rather polite and businesslike. What the deuce would the sisters think of taking orders from Bill?

...and I hope there's way to save Caesar, but that's an obvious one for me.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Wow. I wonder if Bill was at all telling the truth about contract penalties and nonaggression for x-number of turns between TV and CC. It should be in there based on what we saw Don negotiating with Charlie. Although by directly going for a -literal- decapitation strike at Caesar, I wonder if it matters.

EDIT 1/2 [new thought] - Actually, if the contract penalties go both ways (i.e. if TV attacks CC units) Charlie won't lose either way. If he kills Caesar to Decap the side, Bill and Dolls can claim the side and the treasury. If Caesar understandably retaliates while being choked out - every one of those 200 bats about to swarm Bill and Dolls will draw a Contract penalty.

EDIT 3/4 [OMG Corollary] - Jack and Maggie can't do anything to Bill n Dolls, or there is a 1/2 treasury (min 500k) schmucker penalty to GK for each act of aggression...whose whole treasury is currently stacked neatly in the TV/GK "Joint" War Room. So only a couple possible hits before GK gets put in the "give up more cities and units" penalty box.

I think our plucky heroes will get out of this somehow. Probably via Fashion Maggie. But would Caesar think quickly enough to appoint an heir while he's being strangled? You know...just in case...

EDIT 4 - Fashion Maggie Turning to CC b/c she's a Doll may be the only way to save the situation. As a CC Unit, she'd be the only one who could attack Bill without penalties. But she'd be subject to Disbandment by either Charlie or Bill. What a mess...

Brother Mirtillo wrote:
    Actually, I do know what to think. Tondy was within a hex or two of panic at the sisters having to take orders from Ivan or Claud -- either of whom, though unscrupulous, is rather polite and businesslike. What the deuce would the sisters think of taking orders from Bill?

Well - Charlie's PLAN could be to disband Bill after he gets what he wants out of him. Otherwise, I think Charlie is at a point where he's had too many losses to think about what his associates (like Eleanor) think or feel. Full-on "damage control until restoration of status quo" mode.

Last edited by neko on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This also answers the question as to what happens to dolls when a dollamancer switches sides. Is it just that rare that casters switch sides that no one ever knew?

I think we'll also find out if disbanding requires a verbal as well as a somatic component.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 pm 
    Twitter: orellanapuga
    EmmersonGrant wrote:
    Indeed. Nahuatl for “king”.

I don't want to be "that guy" but knowing Rob this may eventually feature somehow: Tlatoani is not actually "king" nor "emperor" as the nahuatl-speaking people (not only the Aztecs, others as well) were not organized into kingdoms or empires. The official translation is "speaker": Tla=something; htoa=to speak; so, "to say something" as in an orator but meaning one who speaks with authority, a ruler.

Come to think of it, that is EXACTLY what Ceasar was.

Edit: fixed typo

Last edited by gimli_mx on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 13 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions