Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 301
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:03 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 301
     Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    I like Alt-F-Off

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:10 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    While I despise Charlie one has to acknowlegde his ability to push peoples buttons.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:11 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Oh .... boop. :(

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:13 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    ...so, since when does Charlie care about Bill?

Or is this just Charlie making sure to save Vanna? I mean, hey -- I can respect that. Saving your underlings ensures a supply of underlings later. That's sensible.

But then again, it's Charlie. I can't remember him actually liking anyone who wasn't an Archon... ever. So why now?

Also, what's up with the stuff-sight at the end there? I've heard a few phrases in the form of, "Behind every [successful whatever] is a [helpful somebody else]," but I've never heard that phrase applied to dolls. Who's the paint-face-masked person supposed to be? Bill? too skinny for that... maybe Caesar.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:14 pm 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Bill has three hands!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:15 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    request that we never see the signamancy for Real Dolls

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:15 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Is Bill seeing the Molls with the special effects style put over them? Does that mean Charlie's appearance is signamantically displaying that it is a construct just like the Molls?

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Just low Charlie! Just low!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:
    Also, what's up with the stuff-sight at the end there? I've heard a few phrases in the form of, "Behind every [successful whatever] is a [helpful somebody else]," but I've never heard that phrase applied to dolls. Who's the paint-face-masked person supposed to be? Bill? too skinny for that... maybe Caesar.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you mean the last panel that's Charlie in Thinkspace talking to Bill. Interesting that he's choosing to appear as a crash test dummy. Expect puns related to these guys and these guys in the next update or two ...

EDIT: Changed the first link to one that shows all of them.

Last edited by Fla_Panther on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:18 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    The offensive capabilities off Charlie's spam attacks is not to be underestimated. He can totally disrupt a single units ability to concentrate on a given task in a critical moment, like he did with Lilith. Thankfully such a rapid spam offensive seems to take up all of his concentration.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:18 pm 
    This user got funny with a rodent
    Parley 'aint the same as accepting an offer to change sides. Is this communication or an offer to change sides? I think it's communication. Parley - speak now under truce before returning to conflict

'Aint no way a dish makes dolls, nor real dolls, it's the Carnymancy that would fabricate this outcome, not the ArkenDish.

Charlie just cannot keep his fingers away from stuff, even when he thinks he won 'the big game' he still keeps on playing away ...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:21 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    [Parley Mechanics]

So....just anybody can parley?

[Arkendish Mechanics]

Free action?

Like....kicks in a communication space that can take, say, 10 minutes but in real time take not even an instant? A little time bubble, or a space that has it's own individual time mechanics (like different hexes...)?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    SkyThorning wrote:
    Charlie just cannot keep his fingers away from stuff, even when he thinks he won 'the big game' he still keeps on playing away ...

He's got damage control to do. Money and materiel to recover.

OneHugeTuck wrote:
    [Arkendish Mechanics]

Free action?

Like....kicks in a communication space that can take, say, 10 minutes but in real time take not even an instant? A little time bubble, or a space that has it's own individual time mechanics (like different hexes...)?

Possibly, but it could also be a lie just to get Bill to answer. I doubt Bill's ever been on an Arkendish'gram before.

Last edited by KeiranHalcyon31 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Flip it, Caesar, disband him NOW!

That said, I wonder how Charlie’s continued screwing with GK’s interests is supposed to recover his dough from TV?

In other news, I wonder how off-balance Charlie would feel if he were to get an Eyebook call from Parson right about now?

His PANTS would probably go to “Condition Brown”... :mrgreen:

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:24 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Well now, isn't that interesting.

I've finished a fan fic called Shall We Play a Game?.

I'm writing Tales from Seven Hex Valley and Dwagon Riders of Erf.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:
    ...so, since when does Charlie care about Bill?

Or is this just Charlie making sure to save Vanna? I mean, hey -- I can respect that. Saving your underlings ensures a supply of underlings later. That's sensible.

But then again, it's Charlie. I can't remember him actually liking anyone who wasn't an Archon... ever. So why now?

Since he had to pay Transylvito nineteen million I'd imagine. If he can turn or otherwise secure the support of Bill and his dolls, he may have a shot at reclaiming the funds today(and then some considering the amount of gems Hamster left in Transylvito).

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:26 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Seems appropriate that Charlie's messages to Bill are indicated as "BUNK."

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    Free action?

Like....kicks in a communication space that can take, say, 10 minutes but in real time take not even an instant?

And so we've discovered the secret of how Charlie can handle "unlimited Thinkagrams". He just does them one at a time, infinitely fast.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    As terrible as Bill may be through his past acts, situations like this really make it hard for me to truly hate him. He was manipulated by Vanna, and now he's being manipulated more directly by Charlie. It seems like all Bill can ever do is get manipulated, and given how he is universally hated (even by his own side), there's absolutely been no chance of him ever managing to overcome his obsessions or do anything "except" dive deeper into his work as the only way to survive.

I'm not saying he's forgivable - but he is certainly pitiable. A significant part of me wishes that Bill could get simply sold to another side - one without so much baggage against him, and kept under control while perhaps getting whatever the equivalent is to Erfworld therapy. All while having a strict eye kept on him so he isn't just sitting in a dungeon making sex dolls all day.

Like: have him basically used as a prison laborer while undergoing some counseling. His situation up to this point in TV appears to be as him being more or less left to his own devices while undergoing nothing but scorn and ridicule, being ignored as a problem that is only kept around because of his worth to the side.

The dude really could use it at this point.

Of course, I doubt he's going to survive. His only chance of survival is to throw himself at Caesar's mercy and hope that the casters around Caesar (Maggie, Benjamin, and Jack) can convince him to not immediately disband the guy (Bill is still valuable, after all, especially at the moment with the Maggie doll being used and him dying possibly affecting that). Either that, or attempt to change sides before he can be disbanded and somehow escape - but I find it hard to believe that he has the capability to get out of TV on his own right now of all times.

I'm wondering what Charlie could possibly offer him right now, though. The smart thing for Charlie would be to use, via remote linking and the dish, a link with Bill to attack TV from within. Perhaps by controlling the dolls to kill Caesar, or creating a new special doll or dolls within TV to use later (even if Bill is disbanded), or any of a number of things. None of these possibilities lead to Bill likely surviving for long, however - they are long shots meant to benefit Charlie, not him.

Last edited by dichologos on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions