Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 149
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:11 pm 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
dorion wrote:
but what if we're watching the first, reactionary, actions of Transylvito's tower through the Maggie hide-golem?

I don't think Transylvito's tower is awakened yet. We've not seen any changes to the portal room, or any "What was that?" reactions from anyone in TV.

The comic updates are not always in chronological order.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:29 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    greycat wrote:
    dorion wrote:
    but what if we're watching the first, reactionary, actions of Transylvito's tower through the Maggie hide-golem?

I don't think Transylvito's tower is awakened yet. We've not seen any changes to the portal room, or any "What was that?" reactions from anyone in TV.

The comic updates are not always in chronological order.

What if the tower gets awoken and the portal kipied just as Makaleka steps through, which is also just as the Isaac doll links with Wanda to free Lilith, leading to the Makaleka giving Lilith and co an escape route to TV? Contrived enough, or should there be more levels? I feel like if that chain of events happened, Parson would have to cast the spell anyway just so Fate can lose for once.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Man, I quit guessin' a while back.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    An amusing thought occurs. Consider this line: "You must hold your incantation at the trigger word, and take our hands to create the link. If you speak the trigger word before we can divert the spell, then it will simply work as designed. That, of course, is the last thing we would want." I imagine that the plan would be for Parson to get to the trigger word and they would either:

1. Pretend not to take his hands in time; or
    2. Take his hands, then conveniently not divert the spell

Considering that ROger tried to mask Parson's bracer probabilities by saying that this plan had a near-perfect chance of success(while the same chapter hinted at Fate doing the exact same thing - in my personal opinion), what if he would get exactly what he manufactured? What if this would occur by way of the Maggie doll adding itself to the caster link and forcing compliance between the casters? Maybe some remnant of Jed/Maggie's imbued power would accomplish that.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:30 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    guynietoren wrote:
    sheepfly wrote:
    Radagast wrote:
    I wonder if the red eyes signify possession, anger, or something else entirely?

They have been red in previous updates, so it probably signifies nothing beyond the makaleka's default eye color, which happens to be consistent with other Transylvitian units'.

Which could mean it's acting as a TV unit.
    Possibly a remnant of Bunny taking control through the activation of the Bunny doll. But still sounds more likely to be under Bills influence, than Bunny's.

Found links. The Maggie doll's eyes were red from the start, and still are recently. So have other dolls' eyes. So has, and does, the Bunny doll.
    I personally think that signifies its creation as a TV unit by Bill, not anything about current control or emotions, much less control by the croaked Bunny, but take it as you will.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:11 pm 
    CC wants Bill kept behind safely, I think. Whether he'll be of any use in this showdown is uncertain, but Charlie definitely wants to turn him to CC later to have control over a Dollamancer again.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    greycat wrote:

:lol:

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:07 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    hajo4 wrote:
    RumpusImperator wrote:
    Rob, if you cut over to a different scene in the next update I will be VERY cross with you.

But, but... we don't know what the other GMs are doing, yet !
    And Wanda, and Ansom, and Jillian !

What's Zhopa been up to lately? Rob, dammit, you can't just leave these threads hanging. Has he leveled enough to unlock Reuben yet?!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:35 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf
    Nice! This is what I'd expect of a "normal-sized" text-update. The previous ones were mostly 150%-200% of this one, so I thought "just cut it in two and make things easier for you", but this one has the perfect size.

But man, I really really wanted to see what happens next instead of Maggie's insides, because epic cliffhanger and all that. But it's ok, we'll get to see what happens eventually.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:45 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Infidel wrote:
    Tv knob alliance. How long has Rob been sitting on that one?

I know. If that was a forum post, I would have tipped it.

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    greyknight wrote:
    Metallicat wrote:
    But can they break the link without dangerous consequences? They haven't actually cast the linked spell yet, so maybe.

Perhaps the Makaleka intends to join the link.

My money's on that, going forward. I couldn't see any way out for Parson last update. He doesn't have any experience casting and is currently in a link with two skilled casters who are using that link to trick him into undoing himself. If the link's broken, well, RVC could easily croak Parson with the backlash from that. A lot of dangers, some established way back in book 1, are closing in on him.

But if Jed can be introduced to the link via makaleka he'd be a powerful and undefined force. His specials do include "What?", "Huh?", and "Ginormous", after all :). Jed/Makaleka's thinkomancy powers have been pretty ambiguous so far but I think there's been enough groundwork laid to support Jed coming to the rescue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month
    BeautifulAardvark wrote:
    greyknight wrote:
    Roger does need Vanna alive for his plan to work, however. Vanna would quite like to stay alive too, so she will probably act to protect Caesar until the heir pops.

All that should happen if Ceasar die is Vanna turns barbarian.

Actually, I don't think we know that. Unless I'm missing somebody, the only commanders we've seen turn barbarian are either heirs or casters who were in the Magic Kingdom at the time. It's entirely possible that doomed Rulers only send their casters to the MK to get them out of harm's way, but I quit guessin' a while back.

Carl wrote:
    We know city towers store juice, so do portal columns and there's strong speculation that upkeep = juice too created via schmukers. But if that holds true then it appears from the reduced schmukers production that the reverse also holds true. Schmuckers also exist as things that can be put in a purse. Schmukers = Juice = Matter = Energy = E = MC^2

Didn't we already have something about "schmuckers = juice" during one of the bits touching on Moneymancy? Maybe I'm imagining it.

Windscion wrote:
    And Jed would lose control the instant Maggie is out of the circuit.

So, fun fact: Jed can control the Macarena by himself.

easter wrote:
    Or maybe I'm over-analyzing minuscule word choice. But as far as I know, nobody on this forum has EVER gotten obsessed with a very specific interpretation of a very specific word choice and formed insane theories around it. So that seems unlikely.

That definitely sounds very unlikely and I don't know why anybody would think such a thing.

Lipkin wrote:
    What if the tower gets awoken and the portal kipied

Who's doing that second part? Big Think's just awakening towers, as far as anybody can tell.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:33 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    greyknight wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    What if the tower gets awoken and the portal kipied

Who's doing that second part? Big Think's just awakening towers, as far as anybody can tell.

As far as anyone can tell. No one has tried yet.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    greyknight wrote:
    BeautifulAardvark wrote:
    greyknight wrote:
    Roger does need Vanna alive for his plan to work, however. Vanna would quite like to stay alive too, so she will probably act to protect Caesar until the heir pops.

All that should happen if Ceasar die is Vanna turns barbarian.

Actually, I don't think we know that. Unless I'm missing somebody, the only commanders we've seen turn barbarian are either heirs or casters who were in the Magic Kingdom at the time. It's entirely possible that doomed Rulers only send their casters to the MK to get them out of harm's way, but I quit guessin' a while back.

If Caesar croaks, Vanna and all other units in TV cities will indeed go barbarian. Normally they'd also freeze in time until another side enters the city, but Transylvito the city is already playing host to units from another side, so that whole time-freeze thing will probably get skipped.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:41 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    greyknight wrote:
    Carl wrote:
    We know city towers store juice, so do portal columns and there's strong speculation that upkeep = juice too created via schmukers. But if that holds true then it appears from the reduced schmukers production that the reverse also holds true. Schmuckers also exist as things that can be put in a purse. Schmukers = Juice = Matter = Energy = E = MC^2

Didn't we already have something about "schmuckers = juice" during one of the bits touching on Moneymancy? Maybe I'm imagining it.

There might have been, but this put it together in a way that struck sparks for me. This sort of coalesced it as a two way process, and thats what's important for the whole E=MC^2 part. That formulae is really part of relativity and one of the key parts about that is that matter and energy are the same thing in two different states, they're effectively interchangeable, the schmuckers/juice thing mirrors that, (and has some, interesting, implications for the upkeep requires constant war problem), it seems. It also means that theoretically actual nukes are possibble in some fashion in erfworld.

Wait could be that why Charlie is so busy building a huge schmuker supply? Could schmuckers effectively be a really energy dense form of matter and he's trying to gather enough of it in one place to have some sort of effect? Like how IRL lots of matter, (or in theory energy), can bend space time and ultimately produce black holes.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Oh for everyone thinking the doll will join the lnk if vanna and roger are allready in there it can't without breaking one of the more fundamental linking rules, more than 3 thinkmancer can link, but there's no indication more than 3 including a non-thinkmancer can.

Hmmmm someone remind me when Roger was talking about master classing, is being a masterclass thinkmancer required to be a GM? I know they didn't have to be master in all 3 but can;t remember on the thinkmancer thing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:23 pm 
    Wait if Schmuckers and Juice are interchangable and portal columns are a free source of infinite juice, then isn't that essentially infinite Schmuckers for every single side?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:37 pm 
    ErebusVonMori wrote:
    Wait if Schmuckers and Juice are interchangable and portal columns are a free source of infinite juice, then isn't that essentially infinite Schmuckers for every single side?

We've had no indication that juice can be turned into shmuckers, just that shmuckers can be turned into juice.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm 
    Carl wrote:
    Hmmmm someone remind me when Roger was talking about master classing, is being a masterclass thinkmancer required to be a GM? I know they didn't have to be master in all 3 but can;t remember on the thinkmancer thing.

Nope. Saltina is just an adept. Isn't even multi-disciplined. You probably just need to get enough respect from the existing Great Minds.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 pm 
    Carl wrote:
    Oh for everyone thinking the doll will join the lnk if vanna and roger are allready in there it can't without breaking one of the more fundamental linking rules, more than 3 thinkmancer can link, but there's no indication more than 3 including a non-thinkmancer can.
    I had forgotten about that myself, certainly makes the doll joining seem less likely. If I can play devil's advocate, though, the rule of three would bar additional casters from being involved in the link. Experimental thinkamancy-golems and sentient towers might not count towards the total. Jed himself is, of course, a giant violation of one of the "rules" of the game, which is what makes me think he might provide an unusual solution to the problem of the linkup.

Now that I think about it this seems broadly similar to the setup for the Battle of Castle Lilith.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions