Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 282
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:20 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 282
     Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:28 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I'm really hoping for a real predictamancer fight, with rodents.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:31 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This is what happens when you try to force her into a certain choice.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:40 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Well, I can't say I was looking forward to another Jillian update. BUT it's really nice to see her caring about learning what's going on (as she started to just before taking GK).

I can't believe Marie thought that would work after knowing Jillian for so long. You can NEVER force her to choose the "easy" way. And on the bright side, that inevitably means more boop hitting the fan.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:40 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    "Has anyone TOLD Jillian that Wanda was more responsible for Faq's fall than Stanley?"
    [...]
    "You know what happened at home. So go on. Tell me."
    "UUUUUUUH..."

I am cackling right now.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:41 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Astonishingly, I think I'm growing to like Jillian. Her aggressive efforts to resist fate are strangely endearing.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:51 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Deo wrote:
    This is what happens when you try to force her into a certain choice.

I was just thinking about that. Marie, who apparently is a powerful Predictamancer (meaning clear idea of what she thinks Fate requires), has just carried out a bunch of careful (and harsh and drastic) steps to help Fate along...and now bungles it, basically, by pissing off Jillian. That's gotta hurt...

OTOH, Jillian is throwing a wrench in the Predictamancer's plans just by being herself. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Jillian is more and more of a wildcard in everyone's plans. Jillian, the Agent of Chaos. Jillian, the Joker in the Deck.

Come to think of it, Jillian the Wildcard is sort of her strength to everyone. She completed an escape as a prisoner that was unlikely. She's been used by Charlie (a Carny) to try and cheat Fate (or at least mislead it) several times. Now she's on a chaotic warpath of her own design, which is playing hell with everyone else's plans.

Or maybe that's her role within Fate. The basic rules of Erfworld seem to be dynamically stable: Constant warfare, with any side that gets too large, too peaceful, or too outside-the-norms getting slapped down one way or another (diminishing returns, old FAQ, and Haffaton, respectively).

Now you have Stanley, Charlie, and the GMTTA all growing outsized and outside the norms, and they have all been hit with or tried to use Joker Jillian to some degree. And now she's pissed at everyone...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 am 
    "Duty is heavier than a mountain..."

And Marie already died, anyway.

The future will have wait for another turn, it seems. Can't say I'm sorry about that, I've no great eagerness to see Wanda unite with Jillian as she is.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!

Now what's Jillian going to rule? Everyone's dead except probably some fliers and giants who couldn't get into the tower, but all her "people" are gone.

These turns are taking too long...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:12 am 
    Oh, how satisfying it is... to see Marie in prison. She managed to became one of the most annoying characters from one of the most beloved ones just in the couple of updates. Jillian, on the other hand, have a potential to return to the state when she was an interesting character.

I really hope for the Predictomancers rivalry and want Phillip to win.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:12 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user posted the comment of the month
    Damn, Marie must have a crippling dependency on her power if she couldn't see THAT coming without casting.

RPG Erfworld - Stack Management Mechanics suggestion

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:28 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    The Unlurked wrote:
    Damn, Marie must have a crippling dependency on her power if she couldn't see THAT coming without casting.

Spending so much time around Carniac's predictable jokes has clouded Marie's judgement. He's one of only two other people Marie has interacted with since his decryption.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:45 am 
    Not that I want to sound like I think the art needs to be altered, but Claud should really do his rearguard thing such that he'd be able to quickly turn and fire behind them without muzzling all his friendlies, and Ivan should go ahead and lend Wanda a hand to lead her.

I guess maybe that would make Jillian look too stupid by comparison. She isn't even bothering to ask Marie about the Contract...I bet Marie Predicted she wouldn't. And it isn't like anyone's actually coming after Wanda's group before they make it back to Spacerock. Charlie's going to be taking calls for a while before Shirley let's him talk to Buck, and Buck's gonna face another big argument (with the other Dirties, even) before anyone lets him unseal Charlie's portal and go through as a contracted agent to hunt down CC's enemies under bedrock. It might be smart to put a couple of archons on the other side to guard the portal shards, but at this rate Wanda will have archons in place before Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:48 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ok, finally Jillian did something well.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:51 am 
    If only Marie had some levels in date-a-mancy she might understand that shooting all of someones friends and allies isn't a good way to endear yourself too them.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:00 am 
    WarFAN wrote:
    Ok, finally Jillian did something well.

Have to agree with that. Trying to figure out what actually happened during the Fall of FAQ, probably the most important event in her life, is a wise way to go. Not killing the one who killed all your friends and subject, whatever her reasons, takes a lot of will. I'm not sure I could do that, whatever her reasons.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:04 am 
    I respect Jillian's choice but from a writing standpoint....what are we doing here? She's got a ton of plot armor, we're clearly getting to a turning point, where she and Wanda are going to serve some massive purpose and all she really cares about is being the tool she's always been?

It's not to say that I don't respect her character being a bit one-track-minded but at some point, what's the victory condition for Jillian? Just getting to play barbarian forever? Always being used by others and her fate keeping her from being killed, exploiting it charlie style but wholly unaware? Just....what is it?

I don't hate Jillian, I get it, she's the 'hard way' personified but at some point I just ask 'what's the point of peering in on her?' because in a weird way Wanda's nihilism is atleast endearing. Jillian's way just becomes grating so quickly.

Least we got an update and I am not complaining. ^_^

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 am 
    This is the best Jillian since, i dunno, since she killed those dwagons in book 1?
    I still hate her, but if she takes what she was doing in this update, and runs with it, she might be salvageable.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:13 am 
    Xeranar wrote:
    I respect Jillian's choice but from a writing standpoint....what are we doing here? She's got a ton of plot armor, we're clearly getting to a turning point, where she and Wanda are going to serve some massive purpose and all she really cares about is being the tool she's always been?

Well, we will know when she loses that "Plot armor" when she doesn't have that white armor on her anymore.

talking about the white armor, I think that's a signamantic cue to the readers, for many possibilities. one because she will come as a White knight to save the damsel in distress (which could be any character we don't know of, included his own son.)

or she is the "White Queen" of a chess battle, and Wanda is the "Red queen", but if we are starting to see the pieces of that story, there is still only 2 animated towers and for a living chess you need at least 4 with "Movement" :v

It's allies about the hair Contest <- Extended until 1st March..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:35 am 
    Jillian's plot armor has had a huge gaping hole in it since Albert was popped that's just waiting to get exploited

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions