Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 274
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:41 am 
This user was a Tool before it was cool
Chris Goodwin wrote:
Threads and strings. Not a coincidence, I think.

Makes me think of these threads. And if you think of it, threads give processes the capacity to "think", in a way; a process with no threads would be just a lifeless, inert collection of memory pages.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:47 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    AOL: Warcraftace
    I'm really loving the imagery in these Thinkspace pages, particularly how Ivan and Claud seem to perceive the link as filtered through their own disciplines. Ivan the Dirtamancer saw Big Think as a planet with himself as a moon orbiting it. Claud the Dollamancer perceives Big Think as a massive tangle of string with himself and Ivan as separate patterns woven into it.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Spicymancer wrote:
    ftl wrote:
    Wooow. Claud is convinced that the tower will obey his will but... ...Jed isn't exactly obeying Ace. He's working for GK, but not really in a master-slave kind of way.

This also leads to how Parson can croak Charlie and the game isn't over. It'll be Parson and Jed against a sentient city/tower/portal column with the Dish and infinite juice.

Jed, imo, is perhaps one of if not the most unconditionally empathetic/compassionate people in Erfworld. He's not necessarily pacifistic, but he's helped Stanley, Bonnie, loves his mom, and even shows signs of caring for others like Sizemore.

Even if Storybro tower turned out exactly like Jed... wouldn't that be somehow worse for Charlie than an openly hateful tower? A voice constantly telling him to mellow out, calling out his selfishness or manipulation, to stop trying to hurt his dads, in short, being the conscience that he only hears when his mind is at its most distraught?

And of course, if cities like being fought over... that implies continuation after being conquered. And it has surely been a long time since anyone fought for Charlescomm the city.

It hasn't even been a week since the last time anyone tried to invade Charlescomm. Remember Lilith going commando?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:53 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    For a guy who dislikes cheats I think Claude is about to create the biggest one ever. Might be lucky if the only thing they break is the whole world. :?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:01 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Kepheren wrote:
    For a guy who dislikes cheats I think Claude is about to create the biggest one ever. Might be lucky if the only thing they break is the whole world. :?

I don't really think it's much of Claude anymore. He lost some of himself when he was decrypted and all of himself when he touched Ivan's hand. I think that's why they are referred to as "Dirtamancer" and "Dollamancer," because they aren't individuals anymore.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    ardee wrote:
    Kepheren wrote:

I don't really think it's much of Claude anymore. He lost some of himself when he was decrypted and all of himself when he touched Ivan's hand. I think that's why they are referred to as "Dirtamancer" and "Dollamancer," because they aren't individuals anymore.

That's a 'link' thing, linkees always do that, as naming the casters damages the link, potentially with catastrophic results.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Year of the Dwagon Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    So now i think it would be very funny and fitting if CC tower's name turned out to be "Lucy" :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:27 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "Except, the caster would imprint the golem-making piece of his own string onto a segment of the golem's Stuff at the time he was creating it."
    Briefly sounds sort of like DNA. (And then it doesn't, but that's to be expected.)

Dollamancer and Dirtamancer balking at bedrock armor reminded me of Sizemore's reaction to the idea of a tower golem.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:30 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    ftl wrote:
    Wooow. Claud is convinced that the tower will obey his will but... ...Jed isn't exactly obeying Ace. He's working for GK, but not really in a master-slave kind of way.

To be fair Ace hasn't exactly talked to Jed, like at all. You can't really obey someone if they never commanded you in the first place.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:35 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whispri wrote:
    I fear this page can be summarised with one short, terrible phrase: Hey guys, watch this!

"Hold my (cloth golem) bear"

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Corrupt User wrote:
    Somehow, I think upgrading Charlie's tower is going to be a treaty violation...

Fortunately, the units performing the upgrade aren't of Gobwin Knob

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Quietus wrote:
    If you can give a portal column a string, why not give it multiple? Why not give it multiple.. which are otherwise going to expire?

Who says Big Think is going to have a choice in the matter? Its threads are "linked" to the portal column right now. If they give it a string, the tower entity might decide that the first thing it'll do with its string and infinite juice is: PULL. And any Dollamancer could tell you what happens to a loosely-knit bit of raiment when you do that...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:50 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Remember Lilith going commando?

Mmmm. I'm pretty sure I'd remember that!

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:57 am 
    What if the portals are the last remnants of the Titans themselves?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:05 am 
    Yes! Mechabill just beat me to it, what if the portals of capitals contain the Titans themselves, as if I remember correctly there are only so many capital sites in Erfworld. Is Parsons ultimate goal to achieve peace on Erf, actually to free the Titans?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 am 
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    ftl wrote:

To be fair Ace hasn't exactly talked to Jed, like at all. You can't really obey someone if they never commanded you in the first place.
    Besides, I'm not sure Ace is imaginative to think of anything for Jed to do other than "stay here and defend the city."

I'm looking at that last image. Something about that hand being formed makes me think of Tisha.

P.S. I think if the Titans are in the portals, they wanted to be there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:41 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf
    Oh my god they're going to breathe life into Charlie's Tower! Why can't they at least wait until the pact of non-aggression is over? I know that the new unit won't be GKs much like Jed isn't either, but afair the penalty might trigger anyway, because intent and all that.

But other than that it's such a fun thought to imagine Charlie getting attacked by his own tower. :lol:

So if all were to go according to plan, Charlie gets killed (by Parson somehow) and the Minds get Decrypted by Wanda, so GK will have 3 Arkentools and the Minds on their side. Also guns. Huh. Okay... let's see what Charlie has in store for them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:46 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool!
    It's about time now for Jillian and Marie to... do something and ruin just about all of the planning we've seen, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:46 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user posted the comment of the month
    Claude's speech is somewhat similar to the one I wrote for him as a joke.

That said, this is a really, really terrible plan. Isaac should know better since he was there for the discussion of how the City/Tower has a fanatic-level Loyalty stat. What makes the plan 2-reallies worth of terrible, though, is the casual foreshadowing from this update. If a caster imprints part of their knowledge into a golem (which Jed is clearly more than, as he came with sentience), then it's not a stretch to believe a link-up like this would imprint aspects of dollmancy, dirtamancy, and highly advanced thinkamancy into the Charlescomm Tower from 13 (I think) Master level casters.

Big Think is already similar to a computer that adds living elements to itself. I don't believe it's going to go Skynet so much as GLaDOS; I believe Charlie's Tower is going to absorb him. Then it's going to repair itself. It may even hunger for more minds to add to itself, singularity engine style, resulting in the MK being evacuated. Then it's going to launch some variant of nukes or whatever it was Charlie meant when he told Parson he had weapons Parson hadn't even dreamed of. Something truly gamebreaking and global has to happen.

The Predictamancy we were given for this Book's resolution is the beginning of the war to end all wars. That's a reference to World War I, not some piddling final battle between 4 neighboring sides occupying some trivial speck of the map. Escalation is to be expected.

RPG Erfworld - Stack Management Mechanics suggestion

Last edited by The Unlurked on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    It hasn't even been a week since the last time anyone tried to invade Charlescomm. Remember Lilith going commando?

Not specifically, but thank you for the image.

I'll be in mah bunk.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions