Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 274
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Chiu ChunLing wrote:
The point has been brought up that a portal might want different things than what a tower would want. I suppose that's true, but if it's something boring like "allow free access to and from the MK for casters and nobody else" I'll be pretty disappointed. Unless the newly aware portal decides to have a hissy fit about having been hacked and...um, no, that would also disappoint. I'm not sure what the portal will do if it's awakened but I'm hoping it's not boring.

All I know is it probably won't like being sealed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 274
     Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    You know, upon reflecting on this update for a week, I like it even more.

The thinkamancers can't deal with the world of Stuff, where there are hard answers that aren't what you'd like to think they are. They may have thought they understood everything, but when dealing with forces that aren't as flexible as the human mind, their plans hit a brick wall, symbolized by bedrock itself. It reminds me of when politicians try to manipulate science. Here's an old example, which has nothing to do with any current politics. No need for a debate on Stupidworld here. If you disagree, please PM me!

And Dirtamancer is talking in physical metaphors. He still perceives himself as a moon. Big Think has learned you give casters perceptions based on their discipline. This is why the strings/fabric metaphor works on the first try.

Jed can learn, therefore he can rewrite his own string. Therefore, the portal golem might be the same, but with infinite juice could rewrite everyone's string. Hmm....

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions