Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 117
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:10 pm 
Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
JamesFrizell wrote:
I feel like the croaking of her best people was part of the plan. If she gets decrypted power on her side, she can have all of them back at zero upkeep. I suppose she either rescues Wanda and gets them all back, or she loses all her best people permanently. There are other things at play here, but considering she is in the middle of ripping into Stanley, she is going to lose a lot of momentum if she doesn't fix this ASAP.

The thing is Jillian rarely shows a tendency to think with her head on a strategic level. Everything we've seen indicates she's not a bad tactician, but her strategic goals tend to be decided by her heart much more than her head. She's not going to approach this logically like that.

p.s Parson knows, so does jack.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 pm 
    Twitter: AmadoOhland
    YouTube: AmadoSings
    I think Wanda doesn't turn to Charlescomm. I think Wanda turns to FAQ. And I think Marie convinces Jillian to stop doing Charlie any favors.

FAQ vs GK/TV, FAQ vs Charlescomm, GK/TV vs Charlescomm. Jetstone...? Prince Albert...?

My thing is improvised a cappella music. My latest album is on BandCamp—listen for free! Or if you're inclined to spread the crowdfunding love, https://www.patreon.com/amado ...donating 5¢/song amounts to just $1/month, so, I'm cheap and easy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 pm 
    Ah, finally it makes sense. Wanda turns, but to Faq. So all those Decrypted in GK territory don't incur contract penalties. Ansom takes Faq (the city) back. GK is in a world of hurt, and FAQ goes from about to end as a side to the top of the world. Perfect sense.

Except Wanda still wants to gather the Arkentools and Jillian still wants to croak Stanley. Maybe they'll get a chance.

Plus, it's kind of inevitable that Parson & Wanda end up not on the same side, at least for a while.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Nickol Cadwell wrote:
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Jillian wants Stanley dead because he supposedly murdered King Banhammer, her father. Once she learns that WANDA was the one who betrayed and personally ordered Banhammer's death THEN uncroaked him... Well, it won't be pretty.

I wonder what Jillian's reaction to that will be? And does anyone besides Stanley and Wanda know about this?

Zhoppa knows! Parson, too (well, at least the important parts)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:14 pm 
    SandroTheMaster wrote:
    Yes, let's put our faith unto the woman who has literally let every single person who has ever counted on her down in the worst possible way! This will work well.

Titans! The predictamancers are worse than Charlie.

At this point, I would say all magic users are manipulative in their own ways.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Hearts Suit Pip
    Great development and reveal. What can Jillian do to help Wanda?

Edit: I kinda-Predicted this here

Last edited by contrabassist on Fri May 19, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

I'm personally holding out for Wanda to pull a Parson and just start her own side rather than joining a different one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter
    Man, so many plot twists that I hate. Well, for the moment, anyway... give it a few updates and maybe things will twist in a better direction. ;)

When you're a bat, you're a bat all the way. From your first starting stat, 'til the turn you decay.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

"Loyal to the Queen of FAQ" - keep in mind that is only currently Jillian

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This is just disappointing. Of all the things she could have done, she chose the least effective and the most treacherous. I think Marie is getting a bullet to the head in about 3 updates.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

I... I can't even right now...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:18 pm 
    NO, JUST NO.
    Every other fated unit, fate is just an excuse of narrative focus they still have to do things to reach their fate and get their cool toys. Jillian gets handed every god damned thing, by every god damned person.

And if we are expected to side with Jillian? Even more no. We're supposed to be seeing the last War ever. Jillian is the antithesis of the last War ever, she's a coward who if she had the presence of mind to think things through would throw in her lot charlie in a heartbeat regardless of what he's done because he wants what she wants endless death and bloodshed.
    Like I hesitate to call anyone in this story evil, but Jillian tops the list of who I would because Charlie's means may be utterly deplorable but he has an end we all have some sympathy for(not dying.), While Jillian just wants to....be free? murder people?

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf Clubs Suit Pip
    I... honestly have no idea what's going to happen now. *sigh*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Xanatus Roulette doesn't even begin to cover this amount of plot twists...

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:21 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Carl wrote:
    The thing is Jillian rarely shows a tendency to think with her head on a strategic level. Everything we've seen indicates she's not a bad tactician, but her strategic goals tend to be decided by her heart much more than her head. She's not going to approach this logically like that.

She would never admit it, but her and Stanley are a lot alike in this regard. If it wasn't for his attack on her Kingdom... Well, I think they would still hate each other, but I believe they would hate each other because they ARE so alike. Bullies who never really grew up. They even share each other's bloodlust.

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:22 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf Clubs Suit Pip
    Jillian is what Stanley would be if Charlie had ever gotten into his head. The two are otherwise the same.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Mecharic wrote:
    Jillian is what Stanley would be if Charlie had ever gotten into his head. The two are otherwise the same.

My point exactly. The irony is clearly lost on them. Maybe Stanley was popped by Fate as Jillian's replacement. If so, then I hate to see her come back to sanity. Ansom's dream of Stanley being croaked and Jillian getting the Hammer may be prophetic... But I doubt it. Stanley won't die like that.

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 pm 
    I'm holding out hope for Wanda subverting Marie's plan because of the talk with Parson and (ironically) Marie about Fate and being proactive. :lol:

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 pm 
    Shai hulud wrote:
    Also the above is a good first post. Nice picture there.

Thanks. I'm trying to be humorous and laugh about an outcome that I really dislike.

Woomod wrote:
    I can complain about Jillian already because it's a Jillian update right?

I'd say it's inevitable.

I just... cannot understand why people keep throwing themselves at Jillian, so each time the plot makes a turn where people agree to serve or help her I feel like it's jumped a slightly bigger shark. Each time it looks like she's finally getting what's coming to her, something swoops in so that she's better off than before. The whole thing feels so contrived. Maybe I'll have to carve out some time to reread Book 0 but even before the whole brain surgery thing, I found her to be a completely unsympathetic character.

About the best that I can hope for is Jillian vs Parson so that Parson can crush her - Oh, wait. Nevermind. There's that wretched contract explicitly blocking that possibility.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    So Marie wears a phrygian cap the whole time, but then ditches it. Now suddenly she's claiming to have always been royalist. Interesting Signamancy, that.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions