Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 108
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:43 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
And another agonizing twist of the rack ratchets up the tension just a wee bit more...

Looking at the 'Beaned' panel, I can't help wondering if the puff of notes have any correlation with the term "facing the music." Feels like there's a connection but can't put my finger on what.

Also, if Friday ends up being another cut-away to Stanley, the boop going down in ICFYS, Deisaac's gestalt, back to Parson, or really anywhere else besides resolving the immediate, imminent, literal gun-to-the-head crisis taking place, I am going to close myself in a room and scream myself hoarse. The pacing is bloody glacial already, without all the segues and intertwining concurrent plot threads tripping over themselves. Can we get some proper resolution for a change*?

(*No, I'm not counting Wanda's rescue, as it continues to be an issue and the overall "GK in MK" crisis continues to roil on)

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Realeyna wrote:
    Welp, someone's begging for a Fate smackdown. And I figured Buck was the least likely to lose his cool and start shooting of everyone there. Shows what I know.

Ted Nugent isn't known for keeping his cool as far as I'm aware.
    https://www.google.com/webhp?ie=utf-8&o ... ugent+rant

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:48 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    True. I got the impression that he was more cool-headed than his Signamancy indicated from some earlier scenes. To be fair, Shawn Bawn's song had to be pretty intimidating, particularly coming from a Rhymomancer. Here's hoping this moment has pushed Janis to actually DO something.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Nnnnnnoooooo!!!!!!

I was really hoping all eight of those prisoners would get rescued. But there is probably only so long you can have 'Boromir' without their being copyright issues.

Buck is certainly pissed. Ivan being able to go under the bedrock and rescusing Wanda from under all those dirtamancers noses, is probably making him feeling a bit powerless right now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Axiom wrote:
    Janis is going to take a bullet for Lilith. We may still get decrypted Janis.

Why would she do that? She's not particularly pro-Wanda and she doesn't know Lilith at all.

It seems like the casters in the MK are scared now that Wanda's gotten loose, and now Buck thinks the rules don't matter because he has a gun. Even the casters who think he should be killing the Decrypted don't all look comfortable with that. There's certainly no way that could backfire.

Also serious kudos to Xin and Lauri on the 3eaned panel. The lighting contrast, faded outline, and bloody symbols work really well together.

Last edited by EpicCrab on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:56 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Love the "Beaned" in the second panel killing Shawn Bawn. RIP dude. We knew you were a redshirt, but you'll be missed.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:09 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Prediction: Joe is going to knock out Buck with the rifle butt he's got in his hands.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Realeyna wrote:
    Welp, someone's begging for a Fate smackdown. And I figured Buck was the least likely to lose his cool and start shooting of everyone there. Shows what I know.

Really? His signamancy suggests to me that he has very little cool to lose, but then I have little respect for the person he's based on.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 am 
    Wanda is watching, last panel has an overlay of her eyes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    For those for whom the the powerful image in the second panel is only vaguely familiar:
    Spoiler: show

The font on 3eaned is based on the stencil that Banksy has sometimes used as a signature:

• Tipped by 34 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Can't help but notice the predictamancer in the second-to-last panel there.

I wonder what, if anything, he's gonna do?

I think this is where Janice really gets to make a choice and see which side she's on, the side that is messy but going somewhere, or the side that is a mess and going nowhere.

Anybody want to guess but... I think Wanda's got a few tricks of her own.

Actually, if Janice cast the "time out" spell again... would it, even assuming it is island-wide, would it even penetrate the bedrock?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Welp, Buck Nugget
    (you fucknugget),
    you're living down to your handle.

And your signamancy.

Sure hope page 254 shows you croaking down to it. :evil:

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Sir Dr D wrote:
    Nnnnnnoooooo!!!!!!

I was really hoping all eight of those prisoners would get rescued. But there is probably only so long you can have 'Boromir' without their being copyright issues.

I'm expecting Vanna to die soon for similar reasons.
    [url]
    http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/tort ... erica-inc/[/url]

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:22 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Kieve wrote:
    And another agonizing twist of the rack ratchets up the tension just a wee bit more...

Looking at the 'Beaned' panel, I can't help wondering if the puff of notes have any correlation with the term "facing the music." Feels like there's a connection but can't put my finger on what.

Also, if Friday ends up being another cut-away to Stanley, the boop going down in ICFYS, Deisaac's gestalt, back to Parson, or really anywhere else besides resolving the immediate, imminent, literal gun-to-the-head crisis taking place, I am going to close myself in a room and scream myself hoarse. The pacing is bloody glacial already, without all the segues and intertwining concurrent plot threads tripping over themselves. Can we get some proper resolution for a change*?

(*No, I'm not counting Wanda's rescue, as it continues to be an issue and the overall "GK in MK" crisis continues to roil on)

I cut my tool subscription down considerably not too long after the hamster dance but over all tool contributions have climbed since then. The people spoken with their wallets, this is how erfworld is.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    What if Janis spends all of her juice to bliss out everybody *currently* in Portal Park...and *then* Parson & Co. come through shooting??

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Wanda's eyes looking through Lilith's was rather ominous... but can she actually do anything while under bedrock? Perhaps she can cast through decrypted at a distance, but I'd imagine that she'd need the 'pliers to do it if it was even possible. As unlikely as that is, it'd still be cool to see what a Master-class croakamancer can do that doesn't involve animating corpses... like a "life drain" effect or even the headache spell Wanda alluded to in Book 1.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Note in panel 5, you can just see Janis in between yellow cross-arms dude in shorts and grey-haired "kill'em!" lady. There's a peek of pink dress behind grey-haired. Spade's position in panel 5 with respect to Buck, when taken along with the final panel, suggest Janis is just off to Lilith's right (Buck's left) in the last panel.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:26 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Jojo and RVC seem a bit distressed... i guess word from the temple destruction has reached him...

2. If you get into the dungeon bad things can happen
    3. Tramps trump tripper

Enjoy your stay!
    Your Transylvito Tourist Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:26 am 
    I like that Bean's final moment is done to looks like a Banksy Grafitti piece. Words of prophets are written on the subway walls and tenament halls indeed. What better end for a rhyme-o-mancer than the Sound of Silence?

Edit: ninja'd. good catch with the specific piece

Last edited by easter on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:27 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Kieve wrote:

Well, we could clear up ALL the loose ends with
    "Rocks fall. Everybody dies."
    Seem like a good idea? It's not glacial, anyway...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions