Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 243
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:25 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Kafka references, problems with Issac.

It's like there's a bug.

I'm not sure what the remaining Minds are going to metamorphose into, especially with the possibility of Decryption, but it doesn't look hopeful.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:25 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ding, Dong! The Minds are dead!

Ok, not exactly. Roger and the other 8 guys who were not at the Temple survived.

Some thoughts:

- We are clearly on the road to a massive decryption snowball, with the Decrypted Great Minds unbounded of any agreement with the other Casters.

- There is a very good chance of the Magic Kingdom ceasing to exist in its current form.

- Even if the Magic Kingdom survives, it status-quo will be no more and it is not clear that the Roger-faction could force the other Casters to respect the ban on Charlescomm.

- Only Charlie can save the Magic Kingdom now.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:26 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Noobamancer wrote:
    1.Plan to rescue Wanda.

2. Pliers in friendly(ish) hands.

3. Lots of dead thinkamancers.

4. PROFIT!!!

I doubt it. Charlie knows, that decryption is still an option for GK. He most likely knows about Marie being decrypted by GK (+the dynamic duo, but he only got confirmation of that lately), so he has to assume that either:
    1) Wanda has access to the pliers, or
    2) GK can decrypt without Wanda.

Charlie would be crazy stupid to let that happen. I suspect he took appropriate precautions to prevent that - perhaps by having the bodies of the GMTA uncroaked ASAP, or dumping them through a portal somewhere or whatever.

EDIT: also, I kind of feel how this whole situation (Charlie going full Cersei, majority of the GMTA croaking) played out in a bit of an anticlimatic fashion.

Last edited by Yawner on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:27 am 
    I wonder what the 'two oldest decision spaces on record are'.

I also suspect that the GMs eliminated Ivan in part due to fears they might do the bedrock tunnelling thing. They didn't account for the Doll.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 am 
    Ok so, am I the only one really, really confused by the artwork between the two pages?

Last page, it looked like the GMTTA's temple was imploding from being tunneled under. Whole pillars were coming down as was the roof, and the externally visible edges of the foundation were cracking (which would have indicated to me that the internal floor was collapsing inwards).

This page though, the floor is entirely intact - it looks like the aftermath as if something caused the glowing pillars themselves to explode or shatter, without actually damaging the floor/foundation directly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    "Rejoice. Despair.
    Fate does not care.
    Each knotted mind entwined.
    Each soul, another's bind.
    And blind though we are led,
    in time we do know when to cut a thread!" :wanda:

2nd level Dollamancer, currently using my Juice on a Bag of Holding

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ok, looks like I stand corrected about the destruction not necessarily having happened yet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Crisis21 wrote:
    That's why you get Sizemore to remove the rubble first. And then make a rubble golem named Barney.

That was painful. Please do not do that. Ow.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    M1rth wrote:
    Ok so, am I the only one really, really confused by the artwork between the two pages?

Last page, it looked like the GMTTA's temple was imploding from being tunneled under. Whole pillars were coming down as was the roof, and the externally visible edges of the foundation were cracking (which would have indicated to me that the internal floor was collapsing inwards).

This page though, the floor is entirely intact - it looks like the aftermath as if something caused the glowing pillars themselves to explode or shatter, without actually damaging the floor/foundation directly.

Yeah, me too. I had doubts on what happened on the previous page - it didn't exactly look like an explosion, but it didn't look exactly like an implosion too. It was weird, but I thought: meh, ok, one small picture, doesn't mean anything.

But now - I don't know what to make of it. The building didn't collapse due to being undermined, because there is no indication of anything below ground level and the floor looks intact. On the other hand, an explosion would send the rubble outwards, whereas here it looks like the building just... toppled, both inwards and outwards. Also, look at the columns - they are all broken arround the same height. What's up with that?

If I were to suspect something, i'd suspect multiple smaller explosions or other means that destroyed the collumns, which made the roof collapse. But how? Inside job?

QUICK, CHECK RVC FOR EXPLOSIVE RESIDUE!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    Okay, as somebody noted, this may place RVC as the Greatest Mind. But, it seems likely to also reduce his concerns re: Parson. Or perhaps I should say, make him realize that he doesn't have the luxury of playing Parson and Charlie against each other.

RVC could, in theory, make a deal (with Those that Matter) allowing the GMs to be decrypted. But short of GK surrendering the 'pliers to the MK, I don't see that happending.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:52 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    His speech bubbles look to me like they are crackling with pure juice.

That's somewhat high up. I wonder if the scene can be seen from the execution area?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:54 am 
    To the strange nature of the debris. I guess that the Spy Figure was able to plant multiple bombs that were shrunken down similar to the way the grenade was on the green army stealth golem in the beginning of Book 3. The little Spy placed them on the columns and when the time was right: Kaf-ka Boom!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 am 
    Windscion wrote:
    RVC could, in theory, make a deal (with Those that Matter) allowing the GMs to be decrypted. But short of GK surrendering the 'pliers to the MK, I don't see that happending.

RVC or Those That Matters are not going to be in a position to "allow" or "forbid" anything. Much less to get the pliers surrendered to them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:57 am 
    It's probably very bad of me that the first thing I thought when viewing the panel was counting the corpses suitable for decryption. I suspect the great minds aren't out of the game -- they're just, re-joining it as Wanda's children.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:57 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Wow okay looks like some GMs definitely died.

That's not decryption, did they die during a fusion? and the minds themselves are all still inside him? Like the body dies, but because of the brains being tied together they exsist inside of him?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Really love the artwork on this page. Especially Isaac. Especially in combination with Kafka.

I've seen a few avatars based on comic pages here. I'd love to use him in this version as an avatar. How's the official stance on this?

Attachments:
    isaac_small.png
    isaac_small.png [ 70.05 KiB | Viewed 1410 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 am 
    Wow. Just wow. Two updates in a row that have me swearing out loud in surprise. Well done, well done indeed. <slow clap>

I'm doubling down on a three-way battle, Parson/Charlie/Wanda. I see Sizemore pulling a Jar-Jar Binks and bringing the 'Pliers to Wanda. Then she resurrects the thinkamancers with Sizemore's help, to 'Return the Magic Kingdom to it's Former Glory'. Sizemore drinks the Koolaid and the two of them betray Stanley to form a real MK with thr snowball effect.

He blots out the death from his mind and only sees happy casters until an underground led by Janis and Isaac force the horror in his face.

A tale from Erfworld: The Retconjurer

A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:02 am 
    Wow, what a mess. And who's about to emerge from the underground, holding the tools of destruction? Its not like anyone thinks a mere Action Figure could have caused this mess.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I do wonder why the Minds let things progress as far as they did, though. Assuming Charlie didn't manage to dig an entire new tunnel (and lay rails and place explosives) with the doll just now, the Temple must already have been undermined for a long while now. That's a declaration of war - a gun to their head - and they apparently did nothing.
    Maybe they thought there was just nothing anyone could do about it? Does Charlie really have Carnymancy so locked-down that no one could make a new Wonky Wrench equivalent without his OK? Or did the Minds judge the risks of revealing their scrying powers to be greater than the risk of... well, exactly this scenario happening?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Shard wrote:
    Does the story require that GK constantly be hobbled so that they remain at the same strength? It's honestly annoying when people use this type of logic (bad things must happen so that there remains an antagonist so the story can continue, AKA the Erfworld war continues.) By this point in the story, war on Erf is meant to end permanently. The story has to conclude at some point, if that happens by using the power of the GMs, then so it happens.

I don't think they need to remain at the same strength. In fact, they're already doing pretty great for themselves (being crazy rich, and having a new ally). Getting out of this situation with their current resources intact would be significant. Ending up with a large number (ish) of new high level casters would be excessive.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions