Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 241
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:08 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
Ansan Gotti wrote:
Another question this update raises... so it seems like Ivan and Claud know about the contract. How did they find out? If automagically, is it just Casters and Warlords who receive that knowledge (and compare to the situation with Ansom), since Lilith obviously didn't know?

Charlie told them he had a Truce with Gobwin Knob. The contract allows for both Gobwin Knob and Charlescomm to inform third parties onto the EXISTENCE of a truce.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:15 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Charlie told them he had a Truce with Gobwin Knob. The contract allows for both Gobwin Knob and Charlescomm to inform third parties onto the EXISTENCE of a truce.

Sorry, where did we see that, again? I didn't see it in the update where they turned to CC.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:17 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Joe Dirt is obvious, but Buck reminds me of Ted Nugent. Maybe that's been said before, but I can see an old rocker being a dirtamancer for sure.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:21 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I predict that there will be a "Rock Off" sound effect in the near future.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:30 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Ansan Gotti wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Sorry, where did we see that, again? I didn't see it in the update where they turned to CC.

They learnt that earlier. Off-screen. Possibly before we even met them.

Charlie is allowed to tell anyone he wants that he has a truce with Gobwin Knob (He just can't divolge the details). Use yer head.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:33 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I like that the sound effects hitting the minecart are "Rock on" and "Roll on".

Lilith is awesome again. I wonder what would happen if Maggie somehow managed to remotely repatriate her again in front of this crowd? Wasn't the fact that they were sure that couldn't happen a big part of why they dismissed her story?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:35 pm 
    Sir Dr D wrote:
    I am disappointed in all of you :p

We are on page six already, and is about the first thread where no one has mentioned the contract.

Hey, yeah speaking of, did I mention recently that I'm not a fan of Jillian? :P

Never mind that though, I'm still waiting on another Jojo masterstroke so he can assume rightful command as protagonist. Come on Jojo lad, destiny is within reach!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Corrupt User wrote:
    Yes, because what Parson and Lilith both want is to date a mirror.

I'm not shipping Parson and Lilith, for the simple reason that Parson has an aversion toward dating anyone he can give orders to. He doesn't want Maggie either, and even if he did, she'd have to be promoted to Chief Caster in order for him to even consider her. Really, if Parson is going to have a love interest, it's going to be a ruler of another side. But does he NEED a love interest for the story to be good?

I'm gonna be honest here, no one in the history of forever has gotten some one who ships to not ship. Not Forum-goers, Fans, Authors, or the occasional real life subject of a ship. Even when the story really doesn't have or need a love subplot.

But to answer your question. I agree, he doesn't need a love interest for the story to be good. But having one wouldn't necessarily make it bad, unless Rob suddenly lost his skill at writing personalities or plot.

unrelated to all that: I care so little about the contract anymore that I refuse to comment on it. Repercussions can happen in universe, until then I'll just assume the people potentially violating it are being clever.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 pm 
    Ansan Gotti wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Here.

Edit to add: specifically, Part III.a of the Contract: "the existence and duration of a pact of non-aggression between the Parties may be freely disclosed by either Parties to any and all parties of their choosing."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:47 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Corrupt User wrote:
    Well, the first we immediately identified as a Dirtamancer anyway. We still don't know the disciplines of 3/4 of the casters we've seen.

I'm still waiting to find Jay Date-a-Mancer and Busta Rhymeomancer.

And would Johnny Cash be a Rhymeomancer or Moneymancer? I feel like he should be one of those casters with talents for both, the way I think Parson really should mention to Ben that he's a natural Shockamancer.

Oh. Oh that's good.

Maggie just drew a connection between juice and Moneymancy. Obviously she'd want to get Benny to weigh in if possible, but I hadn't made the Ben Franklin/key connection before now.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    PMAvers wrote:
    DukeBG wrote:
    Omnimancer wrote:
    Nice video game references in this comic. Steve from Minecraft logically is a dirtamancer. Hoodoo is a level in Team Fortress 2, the same game that Ivan Poe's and the golem's signamancy are both based on. Another TF2 level is Gravel Pit, which I think is subtly being referenced in panel 8.

We've already seen Steve on pg.197
    Also, why would you call a map "a level"? Hoodoo is not just any map in TF2 either, it's a payload pushing one!

Also: a Hoodoo is a geological formation characterized by a tall, thin spire of rock; which of course is what Ivan made, only upside down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodoo_(geology)

Picture of Hoodoo for reference:

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:59 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Sunny wrote:
    I predict that there will be a "Rock Off" sound effect in the near future.

Rock On...

Rock Off...

Rock On, Rock Off...

The Rocker!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:01 pm 
    Barefoot Monkey wrote:
    Heffenfeffer wrote:
    Ugh, I can't believe this team. First off, you have a Spy pushing the payload. A SPY?!!

It's okay, because in a shocking twist, <engineervoice>the spy is a scout!</engineervoice>

The action figure is literally a scout unit despite its spy signamancy, and scouts are the best for pushing carts.

I think there are a lot missed subtext going on here:

Hoodoo is a payload map, that revolves around moving a BLUE cart to the destination. Red teams's goal is to stop the cart. See what colors are doing what on this update :)

Spy's are known to do something called "Spy Capping", in which a spy can get to the cart undetected and push it on its own while nobody's looking. Also, the SCOUT gets a bonus to pushing the cart.

Hoodoo is also a map with a lot of narrow tunnels.

Also from the wiki: "A Hoodoo is a tall, thin rock spire found in arid drainage basins and badlands.". Fits the spell quite nicely.

Edit: Got beat to it while typing it, figures!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:06 pm 
    Drakonite wrote:

Also from the wiki: "A Hoodoo is a tall, thin rock spire found in arid drainage basins and badlands.". Fits the spell quite nicely.

Edit: Got beat to it while typing it, figures!

Ha! I was reading as fast as I could to see if anyone had got to it yet and put out that post as quickly as possible: funny that I was actually racing you!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:12 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    GrandVezir wrote:
    Here.

Edit to add: specifically, Part III.a of the Contract: "the existence and duration of a pact of non-aggression between the Parties may be freely disclosed by either Parties to any and all parties of their choosing."

I'm not disputing that the contract allows CC and GK to inform third parties of the truce's existence. My question related to the claim that CC told Ivan and Claud about it. Based on Anomynous's comment of it being "off-screen" I infer that the claim is (possibly reasonable) speculation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 pm 
    Notice that Lilith is tied to a smooth, vertical stake, with no cap on top. And she is a flying unit. Think she'll be UP to something? :lol:

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:07 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Freederick wrote:
    Notice that Lilith is tied to a smooth, vertical stake, with no cap on top. And she is a flying unit. Think she'll be UP to something? :lol:

Well she did say she wanted to see it coming in the air tonight!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:10 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    axus wrote:
    Where was the doll coming from? Ivan and Claude were coming from the bunker to the CC portal, so what third location was the doll at? Another bunker?

My theory is the doll was off rigging the GK portal to blow. Even if the portals are self-repairing it probably wouldn't trigger until the start of next turn. Without their portal GK's options for a rescue would be seriously curtailed and it would take the pliers out of play.

Less likely is that it was rigging enough portals to set up a chain reaction that would take out the whole MK. Or at the very least take the MK out of play for a few turns.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:15 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    The doll could have been stalled from just fleeing by all the action of emptying out and collapsing all the bunkers that have evidence towards Charlie's wrongdoing. It could have just been finishing up collapsing another bunker (after throwing all the weapons back to Charlie's side through the portal fragments), when it ran into Ivan and Claud.

Keep playing games. Make time to play games with your friends and family, because it's surprisingly heartbreaking to wipe a thin layer of dust off a game you love, before you put it back on the shelf because the real world is calling you.

-Wil Wheaton

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:23 pm 
    Claud and Ivan are just guessing that its the doll that wrecked the portal. Possibly it did not; the GK and CC portals were supposed to be "sealed" by the MK. Maybe the damage to the portal has been done by casters, in order to seal it. Unlike Ivan, hey might not be aware that shards of the portal persist under the bedrock. :o

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions