Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 4 - Page 54
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:28 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 54
     Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:32 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I'm betting the odds shown were very close to, if not, 1.00 (100%). Props to Benjamin for covering, though. Keeping Hamster from knowing the results maintains its value as a bargaining chip.

Benny's got a good poker face. I think he's a little intoxicated, which might help him stay mellow. I can't imagine looking at something on my arm telling me I'm going to get dead, odds are, if I don't cough it up and not rip it off and hand it over then and there, prisoner-status-of-the-recipient-be-damned.

...can a prisoner have gear? Is that wholly up to the captor?

Last edited by Yshl on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:33 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hrrm. Well it looks like that, as it involved magic, the decision to kill or not kill Charlie was Wanda's choice to make. Hamster exceeded his authority.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:34 pm 
    I think that the Bracer is an instrument of Fate.

Also - if Benjamin had not asked, would the outcome have been the same?

(I think it's saying 1.00 or whatever the "definitely" answer is. At least for a minute. I posted later with a different theory.)

Last edited by PleaseDontYellAtMe on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:35 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month
    Well Parson... like the old adage goes, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

You took a shot on that "fate of the bracer" line and it looks like you hit a home run.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:36 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Nice minor Rhymeamancy!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:37 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Whispri wrote:
    Hrrm. Well it looks like that, as it involved magic, the decision to kill or not kill Charlie was Wanda's choice to make. Hamster exceeded his authority.

What are you talking about? Croaking a dude to end his side is as military an action as you can get.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:39 pm 
    "flickered"

Why do I suddenly remember Parson asking if he can cast DSPW?

Quote:
    “Run this same calculation ten times in a row. Go.”

The blue numbers in the bracer began blinking. The 0.0 was a dimmer blue as it blinked on and off, but the other number was superimposed over it: .980104773
    A 98% chance of casting success.
    He looked up at Antium. There was a lot more smoke in the room now, and Parson‘s eyes were stinging. The bracer was lying. It was telling him he didn‘t have a chance. Why? So he wouldn‘t try to cast Charlie‘s spell...

“Jojo said it‘s free will versus Fate,” he said. “But I‘m really just getting railroaded by two different GMs here...."

Last edited by PleaseDontYellAtMe on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:39 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Erfmover Supporter Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    100% if I had to guess

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:41 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So.. are we taking Quatloos bets as to what was displayed?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:42 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Mmmmm.... So Parson is now playing with Fate... And Fate is answering. This could be the very first step into a very dangerous road, I think.

Edited: Typo. My corrector changed "Fate" for "Facebook".

Last edited by WarFAN on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:48 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    My best guess as to the result is that it was a high number that was less than 1.00. There are ways that the bracer could get back to Parson without Benny dying. It's just that the ways involving his death tend to be simpler.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Ozamataz Buckshank wrote:
    Whispri wrote:

What are you talking about? Croaking a dude to end his side is as military an action as you can get.

It involved magic, the battle of Lilith's castle was a magical fight, ergo it was her decision. That was why she was able to command the battle against Charlie's archons in the magick kingdom. And since we've just learned that even a chief warlord has to defer to a chief caster in magical matters, well, what other conclusion can be drawn?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:51 pm 
    Seriously, of all the lies Parson told, that's the one they call bluff on? Parson wasn't even trying to be convincing, just offering up some (somewhat self serving) advice.

David Hunt wrote:
    My best guess as to the result is that it was a high number that was less than 1.00. There are ways that the bracer could get back to Parson without Benny dying. It's just that the ways involving his death tend to be simpler.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Last edited by Count_to_10 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:51 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    PleaseDontYellAtMe wrote:
    "flickered"

Why do I suddenly remember Parson asking if he can cast DSPW?

Quote:
    “Run this same calculation ten times in a row. Go.”

The blue numbers in the bracer began blinking. The 0.0 was a dimmer blue as it blinked on and off, but the other number was superimposed over it: .980104773
    A 98% chance of casting success.
    He looked up at Antium. There was a lot more smoke in the room now, and Parson‘s eyes were stinging. The bracer was lying. It was telling him he didn‘t have a chance. Why? So he wouldn‘t try to cast Charlie‘s spell...

“Jojo said it‘s free will versus Fate,” he said. “But I‘m really just getting railroaded by two different GMs here...."

I actually thought the same thing at first glance, but it's hard to say for sure what happened here. Without seeing the way the display reacted on the whole, I'd imagine that it just showed the actual chances, probably less than 1.00 but much higher than a guy like Ben would feel safe taking.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:53 pm 
    Yet another calculation by Benjamin we don't know the whole story about. He's whispered one question (and the forum went mad over his possible phrasing) before receiving an answer, and now we know the question, but not the answer. Ben might be asking questions that are too open to interpretation, and getting whatever answer Fate wants to give him. Questions like "Can 14 archons take GK's garrison" are too specific to fiddle with. Parson asked for his odds of casting the scroll of GTFO, and the bracer gave TWO answers: one for casting the spell if Fate didn't interfere, and his 0% odds of casting it once Fate dropped a beam on his head. "Will I croak if Parson doesn't get his bracer back" is too vague and Fate is changing the number.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:55 pm 
    Well, Benjamin sounds convinced, and if he's convinced that Parson is Fated to have the bracer back, what else could he want to happen next but to ally with GK and ensure Parson gets the bracer in a way that doesn't harm TV? This is going to be a very interesting talk with Don if he's changed his mind...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:55 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Oh, tricky devil. Then again, going by some of the things he wrote, I guess BF could constitute something of a "magnificent troll".

"Three men can keep a secret, if two of them are dead" that sort of thing.

Also, I think that the number he saw was... not 100%, but fairly high enough. Otherwise he'd probably have called Parson out on that right there.

Then again, if he wants maximum effect, he'd probably announce the number in front of Don to force Parson to make an account of himself being wrong without a chance (as far as BF knows) to rehearse what he/they are going to say.

Which would be a mistake, because if I were Parson, rehearsing what they're going to say would be what I'd be doing with Jack right now on the way up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:56 pm 
    Note: He didn't ask the bracer what the probability of him NOT returning it resulting in his demise would have been. The probability he saw was 1.0, and would have been in either case - everyone dies eventually.

It's a bit of a liberal interpretation of the question, but fate would be rather motivated to make sure it was what the bracer used, to further its own agenda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    I honestly can't think of anynthing that bracer could be displaying in response to that question that would be worth not showing to the audience right now.
    It's not like answer to Benjamin's question is "Charlie is really a fallen titan"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions