Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 18
 Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:13 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
civilphil wrote:
I wonder what kind of mancer Ted Nugent is? (guy in the hat in the last panel)

Rhyme-o-mancer or Shockmancer, I opine.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
3. Click Add Foe.
4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:14 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Infidel wrote:
    Word bubble "No" is a bit confusing. It's connected like Bonnie is saying it, but the context infers Antium.

It's a bit confusing, but it is still Bonnie saying it. She's dismissing the option of negotiation due to Stanley's... style... of negotiation. Basically:

Antium: "What of diplomacy?"
    Bonnie: "Have you ever witnessed Stanley engaging in a negotiation? No [diplomacy won't work]. Besides, there is nobody to negotiate with."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:15 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Ditto wrote:
    Whispri wrote:
    Is that last panel implying what I think it's implying?

Yes, you understand. Clearly underneath those robes, Roger Victor Clarence is three gobwins sitting in each others' shoulders.

And a temple of paronoid lookamancers never noticed.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:16 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    TomFoolery wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Word bubble "No" is a bit confusing. It's connected like Bonnie is saying it, but the context infers Antium.

It's a bit confusing, but it is still Bonnie saying it. She's dismissing the option of negotiation due to Stanley's... style... of negotiation. Basically:

Antium: "What of diplomacy?"
    Bonnie: "Have you ever witnessed Stanley engaging in a negotiation? No [diplomacy won't work]. Besides, there is nobody to negotiate with."

Yea, that's what I figured, but the bubble cluster does break reader trance and force one to figure it out, rather than simply read it. Stylistically, the "no" can be dropped entirely.

Last edited by Infidel on Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:18 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Infidel wrote:
    Ditto wrote:
    Whispri wrote:

Yes, you understand. Clearly underneath those robes, Roger Victor Clarence is three gobwins sitting in each others' shoulders.

And a temple of paronoid lookamancers never noticed.

The gobwins clearly got their heads up their comrade's arses, so there was nothing unusual for the temple to notice.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Infidel wrote:
    I'm not interested in the Roger-is-Archon speculation. Even though I understand it. This really has to be Bonnie referring to herself.

I thought it was Antium who was speaking of Bonnie, but that the last panel was focusing on "Roger" for a reason.

Ditto wrote:
    Whispri wrote:

And each of those Gobwin is, like all Gobwins, a disguised miniature giant robot piloted by one of Charlie's crack Archon infiltration squads, the very same Archons who caught and turned Hamster's spy golem.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:21 am 
    That cut in the final panel is confusing, because at first glance it *does* seem to imply he's a secret archon. But he has a whole backstory from the Book 1 print bonus material (see the wiki), and Bonnie is referring to herself. She can't help how the camera cuts away from her at an inconvenient moment.

I do like the TV outro here. It's a good place to leave a little cliffhanger, like watching Dracula saying, "Yes my dear, I would love... to have you... for dinner."

*no I'm not

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:22 am 
    Whispri wrote:
    Ditto wrote:
    Whispri wrote:

And each of those Gobwin is, like all Gobwins, a disguised miniature giant robot piloted by one of Charlie's crack Archon infiltration squads, the very same Archons who caught and turned Hamster's spy golem.

Yes, you see?! It's all perfectly consistent! Turtled-up Army Men all the way down!

*no I'm not

Last edited by Ditto on Fri May 27, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:23 am 
    Whispri wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    I'm not interested in the Roger-is-Archon speculation. Even though I understand it. This really has to be Bonnie referring to herself.

I thought it was Antium who was speaking of Bonnie, but that the last panel was focusing on "Roger" for a reason.

Of course, but I don't think that reason was to encourage speculation that Roger is an Archon. I mean really.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:24 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Edit - removed the quote, misread it! For context, I think the last panel is Antium; I think the sequence is:
    Antium brings up diplomacy
    Bonnie says Stanley's useless at it & there's no-one to negotiate with
    Antium says there must be someone to negotiate with and then in the last panel clarifies that he wasn't thinking of Stanley anyway, but rather Bonnie herself.

That makes more sense to me than:
    Antium brings up diplomacy
    Bonnie says Stanley's useless at it & there's no-one to negotiate with
    Antium says there must be someone to negotiate with
    Bonnie then suddenly changes her mind about there being no-one to negotiate with and puts herself forward for the job in the third person.

I think the focus on Roger is foreshadowing that's who they'll try to negotiate with.

Last edited by Thydron on Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:24 am 
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    /facedesk

Come on guys why are you even thinking that the last panel is implying Roger to be a secret archon? You need to read it out of context to think so, which is what I did with that joke-post, but if you think of the context, I don't think there is any logical explanation for this page to lead to "Roger is an archon".

The intent is as clear as it could be. There isn't any room for speculation. "No" was said by Bonnie, i mean, look at the bubble..Then, Antium says "There must be somebody, and I wasn't thinking of Lord Stanley", and in the next panel, he continus "I was thinking of the highest level archon blabla" while the "camera" shifts to Roger, which means Antium either thought of Roger when saying "there must be somebody to negotiate with", or that Bonnie will suggest contacting Great Minds and they'll speak to Roger.

Oh well, at least I don't need to feel guilty for making such a terrible joke.

You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yeah, no, you guys are confused. According to the extra content for the Thinkamancers, Roger was the Thinkamancers for Uniroyal. There's no way he's an archon. Also, that's definitely Antium talking in the last panel. He is correcting is correcting Bonnie who assumed that he was suggesting that Stanley be the negotiator when he was actually suggesting that she do it.

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

Last edited by Thecommander236 on Fri May 27, 2016 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am 
    Fascinating. It's so interesting to see the Decrypted talking with each other without Wanda or any living units around. I'd love to be inside their heads here.

And it's too bad Vanna's not a Signamancer. The double meaning of Don's wordplay there would surely set off a Signamancer's warning buzzer, much like "you will have your just reward" would.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    So Molls in the background and Vanna's holding a "wallet" accessory made by Bill. Don's outside on the roof and he doesn't have the fly special...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:27 am 
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Yeah, no, you guys are confused. According to the extra content for the Thinkamancers, Roger was the Thinkamancers for Uniroyal. There's no way he's an archon. Also, that's definitely Antium talking in the last panel. He is correcting is correcting Bonnie who assumed that he was suggesting that Stanley be the negotiator when he was suggesting she do it.

Agreed. Also, clarification: Roger often worked for Unaroyal, but he was not actually part of their side. He just happens to be a Royalist.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip
    It seems to me that the speaker in the last panel is Antium rather than Bonnie. They turn to the subject of diplomacy, when Antium asks "What of diplomacy?" Then Bonnie replies, dismissing Stanley as a diplomatic option. Thus it makes sense that Antium is in fact the speaker, since the speaker states that they were NOT thinking of Stanley (which Bonnie was), rather, of the highest ranking Archon ever to leave Charlescomm - Bonnie.

And of course about 5 people beat me to this...

Last edited by Daerandir on Fri May 27, 2016 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 am 
    Polvane the eraser wrote:
    civilphil wrote:
    I wonder what kind of mancer Ted Nugent is? (guy in the hat in the last panel)

Rhyme-o-mancer or Shockmancer, I opine.

Nope. Just like Joe Dirtamancer, Dirty Nugent would probably be "a rocker."

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:29 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    zilfallon wrote:
    /facedesk

Come on guys why are you even thinking that the last panel is implying Roger to be a secret archon? You need to read it out of context to think so, which is what I did with that joke-post, but if you think of the context, I don't think there is any logical explanation for this page to lead to "Roger is an archon".

I refuse to believe anything in the comic would ever have been taken out of context in this forum.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:32 am 
    zilfallon wrote:
    /facedesk

I laughed.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Spruce wrote:
    zilfallon wrote:
    /facedesk

I refuse to believe anything in the comic would ever have been taken out of context in this forum.

I have seen some shit in these forums. XD

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions