Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 17
 Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:12 am 
Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
The current anticipation for a new page is killing me!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:16 pm 
    Quote:
    2. Nestly has an exceptionally late natural turn.

Can't be this. They're an original side and original sides have the earliest turns.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:27 pm 
    Degnanigans wrote:
    Quote:
    2. Nestly has an exceptionally late natural turn.

Can't be this. They're an original side and original sides have the earliest turns.

Archezoa was the original side, that side ended when King Archibald Type attempted to use the portal...

Nestly formed later, when a feral popped warlord (Paige Turner) survived the jaguars and found the empty capital site.

Ken

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:15 pm 
    Is it possible that new sides get added in front of the initiative order rather than the back?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:07 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    silverplated wrote:
    Is it possible that new sides get added in front of the initiative order rather than the back?

https://wiki.erfworld.com/Turn#Turn_Order
    Quote:
    The natural turn order is determined by the age of the side, with older sides going first. [Erf-b3-p150]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:32 am 
    I fixed the wiki page - the cited page actually clearly establishes that the order is oldest last, not oldest first, assuming it is accurate that alliance turns occur on the latest turn of any ally in the alliance.

Last edited by quindraco on Tue May 07, 2019 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:33 am 
    silverplated wrote:

Yes, that is how it appears to work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    quindraco wrote:
    I fixed the wiki page - the cited page actually clearly establishes that the order is oldest last, not oldest first, assuming it is accurate that alliance turns occur on the latest turn of any ally in the alliance.

I believe you are mistaken. We've been over this many times before, in past threads.

Quote:
    Faq always took its turn in the late afternoon. This would have been true whether or not they were a part of the Second Royal Crown Coalition, because they were the youngest side in this part of the world.

Turns start at dawn, for whoever goes first. Faq isn't starting at dawn -- they're starting in the late afternoon. They're going last. Because they're the youngest side in the battlespace.

These sentences clarify that the youngest side always goes last, whether it's in an alliance or not.

Here's the part that I think is confusing you:

Quote:
    For ancient kingdoms like Jetstone and Transylvito, going last created a number of strategic hardships, but for Faq it hardly mattered.

You need to read this sentence in the context provided by the previous sentence. Jetstone and TV are going last because they're in the Coalition, not because they're ancient. The whole Coalition is going last, because Faq is in it.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:34 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Also Charlescomm. Probably the oldest side known, they take their turn before Gobwin Knob, which is younger.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Jaxad0127 wrote:
    Also Charlescomm. Probably the oldest side known, they take their turn before Gobwin Knob, which is younger.

Charlie could be the oldest unit, but Charlescomm is not the oldest side. He was previously ruler of Efbaum, before founding Charlescomm. And prior to Stanley, Gobwin Knob was a royal side, which tend to have long lineages. It would not surprise me to learn that Gobwin Knob existed before the founding of Charlescomm.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! Arkenhammer Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Ok, I know this isn't the best place to post this, but I saw the latest site news from Rob and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to post in that forum for me to speak on this there.

Also, I couldn't find any kind of 'contact us' function on the website to give me a way to get a hold of him.

I have an idea that I believe will be helpful to Rob and his family and Erfworld. I put my contact information in my profile so that he can get a hold of me if he wishes to. I marked it as 'private' but I'm hoping that as the web admin he'll be able to see it anyway.

I also put my idea in the 'About' section of my profile, and I marked that 'private' also.

*** - OK, everything in my profile that I saved didn't save. I just looked at it and everything I changed is blank again. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Rob?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 am 
    What is going on?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Menas wrote:
    Ok, I know this isn't the best place to post this, but I saw the latest site news from Rob and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to post in that forum for me to speak on this there.

Also, I couldn't find any kind of 'contact us' function on the website to give me a way to get a hold of him.

I have an idea that I believe will be helpful to Rob and his family and Erfworld. I put my contact information in my profile so that he can get a hold of me if he wishes to. I marked it as 'private' but I'm hoping that as the web admin he'll be able to see it anyway.

I also put my idea in the 'About' section of my profile, and I marked that 'private' also.

*** - OK, everything in my profile that I saved didn't save. I just looked at it and everything I changed is blank again. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Rob?

I've contacted him by direct messaging the Erfworld facebook page on a number of occasions. He used to respond within a day or so, but I don't know if he's still checking it regularly with all the stuff he's having to deal with right now.

Eva wrote:
    What is going on?

You'll have to be more specific.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 am 
    Eva wrote:
    What is going on?

If you haven't done so recently, be sure to check the main Erfworld page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 am 
    This user is a Tool! Arkenhammer Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Lipkin wrote:
    Menas wrote:

I've contacted him by direct messaging the Erfworld facebook page on a number of occasions. He used to respond within a day or so, but I don't know if he's still checking it regularly with all the stuff he's having to deal with right now.

Thank you sir. I'll try that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:10 pm 
    I once read this comic very regularly, since Book 1.

IMO it's gone off the rails. 17 prologue strips should be a red flag regarding story progression.

I still check in every once in a while hoping the story will start again. It's been a very long time, it feels, I've been doing that, disappointed each time I come here and see "Prologue" rather than getting back on track and telling the story left incomplete by the previous books.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:37 am 
    prowl wrote:
    I once read this comic very regularly, since Book 1.

IMO it's gone off the rails. 17 prologue strips should be a red flag regarding story progression.

I still check in every once in a while hoping the story will start again. It's been a very long time, it feels, I've been doing that, disappointed each time I come here and see "Prologue" rather than getting back on track and telling the story left incomplete by the previous books.

You can stop checking in, as there won't be updates until around 2020. The creative team has both been dealing with very serious personal issues, as well as completely overhauling the art style. They are transitioning to a 3d rendered model, which will take a lot of time to set up, but should hopefully massively decrease strip production time in the future. The numerous prologues were to buy time, but even those became too difficult to put out with everything else going on.

I understand your frustration, and share it. But Erfworld is a massive undertaking on the best of days. I suggest putting the comic from your mind until the new year. It sucks, but unfortunately real life sometimes gets in the way of things we love.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:59 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    ATTN: Red

Why is this showing up as the third item on the home page? This is two months old; there are nearly a dozen items that are more recent which are showing up *after* this item. It's booping with my ability to detect actual updates from Rob...

(I mean, if you're manipulating the order to keep the last story update in the top three... I guess I kinda get the motivation; my preference is just for strict chronological order.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    That's exactly the case. The latest update is forced to stay within the top 3 posts / above the fold. Otherwise the order is indeed chronological.

Well, there is the almost-exception that fan submissions are re-dated to the date they're approved to the front page. Otherwise either the display dates can be out of order or it might get approved 3 rows down depending on when the creator originally created the post.

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:13 pm 
    We can all pretend that whoever's job it is to end turn for the current side is AFK.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions