Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:40 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:46 am
Posts: 125
nightseraph wrote:
SomeGuy411 wrote:
While there is some debate over whether or not Stanley will deign to have an heir, how much does it take to designate one, really. Gobwin knob has (extrapolating from the debates with the transylvito deal) half a million to a million shmuckers (500k or half your treasury, to a max of 5 million, for the charlescomm contract). Even at the half a million end, that does, in a pinch, allow for designating an heir, considering the archon bounty offered to jetstone of 5k each was enough to cover Trammenis' promotion with far less than one hundred thousand archons killed.

Will Stanley do so? I seriously doubt it. CAN he? I have no doubts he can, else Gobwin Knob couldn't pay the first penalty to then have Transylvito top them up automagically for the next one


GWK has the cash to designate an heir, no problem. On the low side, it cost less then 72k to designate Wanda heir in book Zero. On the high side, it cost around 165K to designate Trammennis heir.
My theory is that the more you are being made an Heir to, the more it costs to designate you one.
So It was much cheaper to make Wanda Heir to one city, with one living caster and mostly an uncroaked army, then Trammenis heir to a dozen cities, some big ones, and a massive infantry army with 4 casters.


Didn't realize a number was given for Wanda. That said, that's two good datapoints for that theory. Wonder if we'll get a third

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:06 pm 
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:04 am
    Posts: 103
    Stanley does not have a Heir because he wants to force Fate to keep him alive. But if Fate wants Wanda to rejoin Faq, and Stanley leads the major figures he "leads" (such as Parson, the Casters, and maybe Bonnie), into the Magic Kingdom or the tunnels beneath it, (where they can survive the end of their Side) then I think Stanley's usefulness to Fate may be rapidly coming to an end. The ending of Gobwin Knob at this point might be beneficial to Fate, if it removed Wanda's possible reluctance to rejoin Faq, based on either her Loyalty to Gobwin Knob, or her sense that staying with Gobwin Knob was a more direct pathway towards the fulfillment of her own Fate.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:45 pm 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 pm
    Posts: 537
    nightseraph wrote:
    GWK has the cash to designate an heir, no problem. On the low side, it cost less then 72k to designate Wanda heir in book Zero. On the high side, it cost around 165K to designate Trammennis heir.
    My theory is that the more you are being made an Heir to, the more it costs to designate you one.
    So It was much cheaper to make Wanda Heir to one city, with one living caster and mostly an uncroaked army, then Trammenis heir to a dozen cities, some big ones, and a massive infantry army with 4 casters.


    The designate heir is probably a % cost of side total production (ignoring the maintenance costs) so it could turn prohibitely high the bigger your side is. :o

    _________________
    Retconjuration Competition,This is Sparta! Competition <- events Closed.

    It's allies about the hair Contest <- Extended until 1st March..

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:11 pm 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 4083
    Vendanna wrote:
    nightseraph wrote:
    GWK has the cash to designate an heir, no problem. On the low side, it cost less then 72k to designate Wanda heir in book Zero. On the high side, it cost around 165K to designate Trammennis heir.
    My theory is that the more you are being made an Heir to, the more it costs to designate you one.
    So It was much cheaper to make Wanda Heir to one city, with one living caster and mostly an uncroaked army, then Trammenis heir to a dozen cities, some big ones, and a massive infantry army with 4 casters.


    The designate heir is probably a % cost of side total production (ignoring the maintenance costs) so it could turn prohibitely high the bigger your side is. :o

    If that was the case, Jetstone wouldn't have needed a loan to make Trem heir.

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:38 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:13 am
    Posts: 134
    Lipkin wrote:
    Vendanna wrote:
    nightseraph wrote:
    GWK has the cash to designate an heir, no problem. On the low side, it cost less then 72k to designate Wanda heir in book Zero. On the high side, it cost around 165K to designate Trammennis heir.
    My theory is that the more you are being made an Heir to, the more it costs to designate you one.
    So It was much cheaper to make Wanda Heir to one city, with one living caster and mostly an uncroaked army, then Trammenis heir to a dozen cities, some big ones, and a massive infantry army with 4 casters.


    The designate heir is probably a % cost of side total production (ignoring the maintenance costs) so it could turn prohibitely high the bigger your side is. :o

    If that was the case, Jetstone wouldn't have needed a loan to make Trem heir.


    Could be at a cost greater than 100% (of side's total production). Even <100% can be an issue after accounting for upkeep and other maintenance costs.

    'Side's total production" would probably also include the shmucker-equivalent value of popped units and other non-monetary output like provisions from farms.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:59 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 am
    Posts: 47
    Alright, we’ve thrashed Stanley out... what about the very indicative pun in the title? Is the Jewels still being onsite old news?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 32
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:13 am 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 pm
    Posts: 251
    CommunistPenguin wrote:
    alowe wrote:
    The Shadow wrote:
    ... How long has Parson had a different font than Erfworlders? I never noticed it until now.

    Actually, it seems everyone's font is random from one panel to the next. You can tell by looking out for the different 'a' characters.

    E.g.
    Image


    Actually all of parsons text uses a font with the fig 1 style "a" while all the erfworlders use a font with the fig 2 style "a"

    I double checked. You're right. I must have had a brain fart :D

    _________________
    and whose turn is it anyway?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 4083
    Man, we've been getting hit by a lot of bots recently.

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:20 am
    Posts: 60
    seanfish wrote:
    Alright, we’ve thrashed Stanley out... what about the very indicative pun in the title? Is the Jewels still being onsite old news?

    I thought the jewels had indeed been stolen via hat but the dolls? Molls? Goyles? ...who stole them were dispatched by Skyy shortly thereafter, and thus "didn't leave TV".

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:05 am 
    Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:21 pm
    Posts: 3
    I wonder if the next panel will be a fight with Stanley since he really wants to go to the MK and Parson really doesn't want him to. I think he'll end up there (probably going against Parson) and interesting things will happen...though I have no idea what. Stanley always makes interesting things happen.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:07 am 
    Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:21 pm
    Posts: 3
    Gyrate wrote:
    seanfish wrote:
    Alright, we’ve thrashed Stanley out... what about the very indicative pun in the title? Is the Jewels still being onsite old news?

    I thought the jewels had indeed been stolen via hat but the dolls? Molls? Goyles? ...who stole them were dispatched by Skyy shortly thereafter, and thus "didn't leave TV".


    They question is what the they is referring to...the thief or the jewels? If it's the thief we know they didn't leave TV. If it's the jewels...that makes it more interesting.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:54 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:48 pm
    Posts: 340
    Bond_em7 wrote:
    Gyrate wrote:
    seanfish wrote:
    Alright, we’ve thrashed Stanley out... what about the very indicative pun in the title? Is the Jewels still being onsite old news?

    I thought the jewels had indeed been stolen via hat but the dolls? Molls? Goyles? ...who stole them were dispatched by Skyy shortly thereafter, and thus "didn't leave TV".


    They question is what the they is referring to...the thief or the jewels? If it's the thief we know they didn't leave TV. If it's the jewels...that makes it more interesting.


    Fuels speculation that the jewels are in the crown but not yet sent out. We know the hats can send whatever fits in the opening, but don't know if you can load the up like a bag of holding before you send them.

    I mentioned the punny title before. Actually, I think that the title puns are usually pretty cool, and fun to figure out.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:48 pm
    Posts: 340
    Even now, with Charlie under the weather and taking a nappy, we get a great reminder of just how far ahead he is of everyone else in technical knowledge and overall strategy. How's that?

    Unlike Parson and company, he understands how the broken portal shards work and can invade under the bedrock. His portal has been protected and defended from intrusion practically forever, while GK has just recently upgraded Spacerock's portal room, but obviously it wasn't anywhere near Charlescomm standards. I doubt that any other side has anything even as good as GK.

    Parson, and especially Stanley, are getting ready to invade the MK. While Parson did pull off two invasion tricks before (the underground run and the decrypted troops), Charlie had prepositioned weapons and a plan to use them, and Archons whose combat capabilities are quite formidable in the MK.

    So what would Charlie do if Parson does invade the MK, and his caster friends (mostly Jojo) call for help? The portal "seal" would be a brief exploding roadblock, and alert everyone in portal park, but archons with big guns would be pretty effective. Juggle Elves can't stop bullets.

    Worse, another force could be slipped below the bedrock, and hook up with Buck.

    As fights go, this invasion plan looks really messy. I don't think Charlie wants to go all out on an invasion of the MK plan, but if it looks like Parson and Stanley can pull it off, and especially if Stanley gets his way to lead (his leadership bonus and the hammer would be good to have), the temptation could be too big.


    The magic kingdom is doomed. :-(

    Charlie has known this for a very long time. Whenever he got guns and hacked his portal, which must predate the main story, he gained the capacity to destroy the MK and his Thinkamancer enemies. He was waiting, holding this power back, until now.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:54 pm
    Posts: 29
    Metallicat wrote:
    As fights go, this invasion plan looks really messy. I don't think Charlie wants to go all out on an invasion of the MK plan, but if it looks like Parson and Stanley can pull it off, and especially if Stanley gets his way to lead (his leadership bonus and the hammer would be good to have), the temptation could be too big.

    The magic kingdom is doomed. :-(

    Charlie has known this for a very long time. Whenever he got guns and hacked his portal, which must predate the main story, he gained the capacity to destroy the MK and his Thinkamancer enemies. He was waiting, holding this power back, until now.


    On top of that, it looks pretty bad for GK when right after the Thinkamancers were croaked, here comes Stanley invading with a new army after his previous one (that violated MK neutrality) got dusted.

    JoJo already has a propaganda script that Parson had tunneled beneath the Temple and murdered them all. We can expect the casters to gang up on GK. Charlie, if he can get un-grounded, will have a great opportunity here to ally with them and coordinate their efforts to disrupt GK.

    Quote:
    Charlie says Parson Gotti has tunnels below the world, sent Jojo.
    He must have dug beneath the tunnel the same way he did to nab his Bone-a-mancer back. This was a coordinated strike! Perhaps he'll try for the other prisoners next! Or the guns, or...


    On the flip side, MK dusting Stanley's army *is* cause for war and invasion. I'm rather rooting for him myself. Go bold or go home!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:08 pm 
    Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:00 pm
    Posts: 5
    Mecharic wrote:
    All they need is a way to prevent the side from falling should the worst come to pass - by leaving Bonnie behind as Heir for security, as Bonnie would likely be the least useful in a strictly MK operation.


    I highly doubt that The Tool (Stanley) will ever designate a decrypted as hier of the side. He doesn't particularly trust Wanda. If he ever does designate a hier, my money is on Parson. Besides, narratively / fate / spider sense tells me that Wanda will either take over FAQ or serve Jillian in FAQ in the near future and become THE problem for Gobwin Knob / Charlescom. The results of the Bill the dollmancer turning and all subordinate dolls turning is some pretty heavy foreshadowing of this. This will do a number to The Tool's forces, even if some of the units remain loyal to the side. My guess if they will lose 3/4 of their units.

    I hope that Wanda decrypts Jillian and reinstates her as at least Chief Warlord, so that Jillian's brainwashing will be broken.... I want to see her as a more or less free agent again.

    JW

  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 pm 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:27 am
    Posts: 737
    Jenn_Eris wrote:
    I hope that Wanda decrypts Jillian and reinstates her as at least Chief Warlord, so that Jillian's brainwashing will be broken.... I want to see her as a more or less free agent again.

    Much as I might enjoy seeing that, my money's on Wanda turning to the Faq run by the still-living Jillian, after Wanda finally listens to someone (prob. Marie) for once in her life.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:22 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 am
    Posts: 47
    Metallicat wrote:
    Bond_em7 wrote:
    They question is what the they is referring to...the thief or the jewels? If it's the thief we know they didn't leave TV. If it's the jewels...that makes it more interesting.


    Fuels speculation that the jewels are in the crown but not yet sent out. We know the hats can send whatever fits in the opening, but don't know if you can load the up like a bag of holding before you send them.

    I mentioned the punny title before. Actually, I think that the title puns are usually pretty cool, and fun to figure out.


    I think it means the jewels definitely weren't sent. It's a classic Balder hint - a title that seems to refers to Parson's analogy but by innocuously leaving out one word it turns "left the tv" into "left TV".

    Much more important to me than Stanley's rantings. It means the signamancy between GK and TV is intact. I don't believe the jewels need to be physically accounted for to perform according to the contract. They're on TV territory and the fact that they were briefly in non-TV hands means little.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:04 pm 
    User avatar
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:12 pm
    Posts: 261
    SirHamster wrote:
    On top of that, it looks pretty bad for GK when right after the Thinkamancers were croaked, here comes Stanley invading with a new army after his previous one (that violated MK neutrality) got dusted.

    JoJo already has a propaganda script that Parson had tunneled beneath the Temple and murdered them all. We can expect the casters to gang up on GK. Charlie, if he can get un-grounded, will have a great opportunity here to ally with them and coordinate their efforts to disrupt GK.

    Quote:
    Charlie says Parson Gotti has tunnels below the world, sent Jojo.
    He must have dug beneath the tunnel the same way he did to nab his Bone-a-mancer back. This was a coordinated strike! Perhaps he'll try for the other prisoners next! Or the guns, or...


    On the flip side, MK dusting Stanley's army *is* cause for war and invasion. I'm rather rooting for him myself. Go bold or go home!

    Just to be sure -- by "MK dusting Stanley's army," you're referring to the battle of Portal Park, right? Maybe with a side order of prematurely executing Sean and two Archons?

    As painful as those were, and as unpopular with this fanbase as the barbarian casters are, I wouldn't call any of that justification for war and invasion. Then again, I'm fidgety about justifying any war, but I'll stick to this one for the moment.

    On one hand, the first group to kill a free caster was Charlie's tripod-wielding Archons, who shot the trio of Beans. On another hand, the first damage in a fight between GK and MK was when the top-hatted guy shot Sandy. Heck, one could argue that this fiasco's first technical engagement was from mother-friggin' Janis against Jojo, shortly followed by Abner punching Phil in the face. (If there are earlier examples of these categories, please let me know.) The earliest attacks aren't from GK, is what I'm saying.

    But the first violation was from them -- violated neutrality, just like you said. So no, I don't think GK is justified to be invading anybody. Justified to argue for anti-defamation, maybe. Justified for reparations... probably not. This whole thing is so far into a retributive chain reaction that I can't see any worthwhile analysis in saying who owes reparations to whom -- certainly not while the retribution is still piling up, like it is with the ban and the new invasion.

    But your earlier paragraphs definitely stand. If the MK accuses GK and/or attacks GK on account of the dead Great Minds, then MK would be in the wrong. (There'd still the issue of the new invasion, but that's another matter.)

    _________________
    We try things. Occasionally they even work.

    ---

    I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:29 pm
    Posts: 219
    cadmium3 wrote:
    Ah, screw it, storm the portal...


    As you wish.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 329
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:51 pm 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 4083
    Charlie definitely has the gems.

    http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/307

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: balder, Overlord Jack and 9 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: