Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry, and Other Writing

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:58 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Hello Everyone.

Here is the Index Link

Volume 22 - Beware the Ides of Smarch is up!

Thank you for reading, I really do appreciate your time.

Last edited by Salvage on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 38 times in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:45 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    My initial suggestion is to spoiler the images you have because their size is stretching the screen for me, which means I have to scroll sideways to read each line which gets tedious and annoying, detracting from the story.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:37 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Crisis21 wrote:
    My initial suggestion is to spoiler the images you have because their size is stretching the screen for me, which means I have to scroll sideways to read each line which gets tedious and annoying, detracting from the story.

Indeed. A zoom of 80% in my browser will remove the need to side-scroll, but the font will be consequently smaller.

Maybe don't spoiler the images, but resize them to less than 975 px wide.

At the beginning there are some inconsistencies between verb tenses, keep an eye on it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:29 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I'm really liking the story so far. I'm very curious what look forgotten side left behind such a fortune in gems, and if there are any costs to their use.

I'm especially curious if there's some Weirdomancy at work, keeping a side alive in a ruin and allowing Nobles to pop as barbarians.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:13 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    He is unknowingly the ruler of a new side calling it now.

Meh, maybe. No new units popping and being able to delay upkeep payment sounds like the rule changes for a barbarian.

Interesting though, shouldn't he be able to convert some of the shmuckers to new units? Otherwise Jillian s stack would've been atrophied over the course of her career. It stands to reason the a barbarian would be able to use shmuckers to pop units of a type already possessed by her similar to the rules for natural allies. I'm not saying that spore should be able to pop casters, but Men, with a capital M, should be easy to pop. As I understand it, all rulers are Men, meaning that they belong to the race known as Men and are not hobgobwins, doombats, or elves. Variants of Men exist like TV'S vampiric offshoot. Though I am not able to think of a specific example other than then.

Spore should be able to pop infantry and warlords that are the same variant of Men that he is, using him as a template. Having fabrication would be almost universal among his warlords (I say warlords and not Infantry because it is not known by me whether or not an infantry can have a special other than archery or whatever special stabbed have).

I don't believe combat units other than twolls have been seen to have a non combat special.

He shouldn't be all alone.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:27 pm 
    hes not all alone, he has a weirdest

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:52 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    @Crisis21 - thank you!

@cu - thank you as well!

@Bibliomancer - Ruins are a place for Erfworld to rebalance Numbers and instigate Fate. What if Edelbert is a payment against someone elses preexisting debt? You are right though Edelbert should be careful.Also the Titans pop nobles, not cities.

@conmor - It seems to me that barbarians cannot pop new units without holding a city. If they could it would require a ruler/heir or a chief natural ally, which neither Edelbert nor Turnip are.

Jillian got units by returning for units from Faq as a mercenary then by negotiating them from other sides once barbarian, I think. It may also be possible for an heir to "lease" an allied cities production que, maybe even as a barbarian.

Units pop on all hexes or there would be no ecosystem. Birds pop in forests or cliffs. Fish pop in water. The units that pop on a regular hex are more limited and less frequent. A ruin pops more potent units with wildly varying type and therefore time. Cities pop fastrr but very limited units. I suspect Men, especially infantry, pop out in the wild. Imagine these units as rural villagers or farmers. Not everyone pops in cities on earth either.These units can be fairly easily turned to those who try, especially barbarian warlords.

@thatonesungod - True true.

Last edited by Salvage on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:34 am 
    I love the story. Well done good sir.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:29 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Really enjoyed this story. I especially liked the idea of a random special that sometimes hurts more than it helps. Interested to see where it goes next.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:11 pm 
    Salvage wrote:
    @Crisis21 - thank you!

@cu - thank you as well!

@Bibliomancer - Ruins are a place for Erfworld to rebalance Numbers and instigate Fate. What if Edelbert is a payment against someone elses preexisting debt? You are right though Edelbert should be careful.Also the Titans pop nobles, not cities.

@conmor - It seems to me that barbarians cannot pop new units without holding a city. If they could it would require a ruler/heir or a chief natural ally, which neither Edelbert nor Turnip are.

Jillian got units by returning for units from Faq or by negotiating them from other sides. It may also be possible for an heir to "lease" an allied cities production que, maybe even as a barbarian.

Units pop on all hexes or there would be no ecosystem. Birds pop in forests or cliffs. Fish pop in water. The units that pop on a regular hex are more limited and less frequent. A ruin pops more potent units with wildly varying type and therefore time. Cities pop fastrr but very limited units. I suspect Men, especially infantry, pop out in the wild. Imagine these units as rural villagers or farmers. Not everyone pops in cities on earth either.These units can be fairly easily turned to those who try, especially barbarian warlords.

@thatonesungod - True true.

barbarians cant hold cities. If a city is held by units without a capital/ruler, then they just go neutral and freeze in time.

Chief natural ally is not a specific subtype, it is just whichever natural ally is chosen to be the leader.

Case in point is the hobgobwins, the sole survivor does not seem to be anything but a knight, but later he is made the chief just because he is the only one there. A bit like chief caster. It doesnt really change anything except who is is charge.

Edit: jillian at the time was a sided unit, not a barbarian. Trying to say that the rules for sided units and barbarians is the same when they are explicitly said to be different is... actually a bit dumb to be honest.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm 
    @conmor - I explained what I meant poorly. I apologize.

Units in a city when it loses it's ruler freeze, becoming neutral, not barbarian. Units not attached to the city do not freeze when they enter. Actually the city unfreezes. What happens if a barbarian warlord claims a city that is not a capital?

I agree the hobgobwins are proof. Vurp was just a knight, then he became the Chief. It came with better understanding and control of his tribe, much like being a ruler. I suspect it is a special but you are right, there is no canon. Oh, and that tribe was allied with a side when all of that happened.

My phrasing on Jillian was poor. I meant when she was with Faq she got them from Faq. Once a barbarian she either traded for or popped them via "renting" city space, as I described. Jillian nor other barbarians are described as being able to pop units by just paying, only natural allies. She did resupply somehow, right? She was a barbarian way too long. She was also always an heir, even as a barbarian, and had Gwiffons.

Calling me dumb because you disagree, or because I am outright wrong, is exceptionally rude. You know nothing about me. This is a comic forum. I forgive you, but be nicer in the future.

Thank you again for reading my story and I really appreciate the feedback. Heavy edits of one through five soon, especially the daemondex in three.

Edit: After more consideration, I have realized an alternative answer. Effects like Heir, Ruler,and Chief may be semipermanent Statuses rather than Specials. As long as the conditions are met the status is attained and then only lost under specific circumstances. I do actually prefer this line of thinking.

The effects are the same. Turnip nor Edelbert is Heir nor Chief.

Barbarians cannot pop units with schmuckers. If they could then a Ruler could order a warlord to turn barbarian and then mass pop units for cost. This would make seige of anyone with money very difficult.

I would also argue that NA's cannot pop units of any quantity even if they have the funds. The Juggles needing to breed implies there is more to the process than just pay 'n' pop. Otherwise Stanley could have popped an overwhelming horde of Juggles, he has the funds. Maybe they can only increase by a maximum percentage each turn.

Last edited by Salvage on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:54 pm 
    Salvage wrote:
    I have about ten or so episodes planned.

Glad to hear that !

I'm also glad that I checked the erfworld-blogs, because the submissions-page
    didn't indicate that part 2 of your story was already online.

So, does Turnip have leadership, so he could order that attack ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:47 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Great story really enjoyed it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:23 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I like Edelbert's realization when he got the high def special. It was an "I am the danger" moment. He spent all those turns preparing for threats in the hex and then realized he was the ultimate threat, the big boss any intruders would have to face. It's a nice twist! I can't wait to see where it goes.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:15 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Very nice.

Day 141: This is Pokemon
    Day 233: Boop the (pokemon) rules, I am the big bad of the hex.

I like the idea that the Big Bad has henchmen that are stronger than him (L5 vs his L3), and he's just the brains of the outfit.

Meanwhile, he's figured out how to conserve money, to be able to spend it on something else ... which will increase his upkeep, and force him to conserve more ...

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:22 pm 
    @ hojo4 - A unit does not need leadership to give orders. They need leadership to provide the stat boost or to have much real authority. In the Digdoug series we see a courtier give Digdoug an order. As long as there is leadership in a hex any unit can issue orders. They rarely have the authority, ingenuity, or inclination to do so.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:48 pm 
    I can't access the link to Volume 3. Either through the forum link nor the link on Volume 2. Just takes me to the main erfworld page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:04 pm 
    Thank You Mangles. I accidentally left it on Private Access. Should be fine now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:13 am 
    The link now takes you to another good read.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:08 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Definitely a good read. Now to wait for chapter 4.

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry, and Other Writing