Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry, and Other Writing

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Ruler of Erfworld Spades Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
20 is up. I have a new job and I am able to work from there. It has drastically increased my creativity time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:11 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Have we gotten a daemondex entry for Turnip's current form? Cause if so I've been unable to find it looking through the older entries.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Ruler of Erfworld Spades Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Thank you Thousandcats. I knew I was forgetting something. One of ther pitfalls of this quicker pace. I will include it with the twenty one, which will include some Turnip time anyway.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 pm 
    Volume 20a is up. I had to correct a serious omission.

Volume 21 is already almost done. Posted soon.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 am 
    21 is now up. Enjoy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:45 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Still alive Salvage?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm 
    Hello fellow Erfworlders,

I have been receiving an increasing number of messages asking when/if The Life and Adventures of Edelbert Spore will be continuing. Let me assure you that it will absolutely continue until its conclusion, short of my having croaked. My timing will be erratic, but I will finish it if it takes me a decade (Not eleven years though, I draw the line :hamstard: ).

I would like to say how amazingly touched I am about you all caring enough to continue to read my story. You seek after more content, but more than that, you seek after my wellbeing. It is an honor to be a part of the Erfworld community and to be able to write for you fine folks.

In case you had not heard, in late November the wife and I had a baby girl :D . That is the major impediment between us and a new chapter. Little sleep and the constant demands of an infant have consumed the great majority of my time and energy. Predictably, my work also became busy about that time. I went from ample writing time down to ZERO writing time.
    I have recently found spare time to continue my work (the baby sleeps regularly). There has been a good deal of writer’s block, but the block is crumbling quickly. I seriously hope to have Volume 22 – Beware the Ides of Smarch done and posted within the next two weeks. I make no promises as these things are never truly predictable. This is my best guess.

Attempting to regain the voice of the story, I have recently reread the entire run of the series. While doing this I made a great deal of minor edits and retcons. Nothing significant in the plot or characters has changed and nothing ever will. I mostly fixed grammar and spelling. In a few places I embellished descriptions or conversations to clarify points/questions people had asked in the comments/forums. There was a big change to Volumes 20 and 21. If you never read 20a while it was up, I would suggest rereading those two. In general, if you were interested in rereading now would be a good time. I have edited the posts of Volumes 1-7 and 19-21 already when I post this. I will promise to have the rest done by Sunday March 25, 2018. In the future I intend to edit the series specifically to synchronize formatting discrepancies between the volumes and a third time for major corrections, like rules mistakes.

I deeply appreciate all comments. Major grammar issues. Plot holes. General questions. Debates. Anything else you might want to say. The submission comments and the forums are equally great, I check both regularly.

@conmor – I have yet to implement your upkeep system. I intend to, if not user it directly, base my corrections heavily upon your work. That was just too much work and it distracted from my read through, the main point of this last endeavor. I really appreciate the thought and time that went into that.

I feel like I am forgetting something but for now,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:57 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Hurrah! That you have a baby girl is wonderful news. And an excellent reason to find it hard to keep writing. I admire your gumption, dedication and general stick-to-itiveness in that you still plan firmly to continue.

I love your writing. Along with The_Author_Is_Dead's Justin Case stories, it's one of the two ongoing fanfics I regularly check here. About once per day . . XD

I have no present suggestions. Other than please don't forget the (slowly leveling) karp.

-------
    -------
    I'm writing my first (since teenage years) ongoing fic here: http://magicadventurefantasyscifi.wordpress.com

Comments are very welcome!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:43 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    criticalhit wrote:
    Hurrah! That you have a baby girl is wonderful news. And an excellent reason to find it hard to keep writing. I admire your gumption, dedication and general stick-to-itiveness in that you still plan firmly to continue.

I love your writing. Along with The_Author_Is_Dead's Justin Case stories, it's one of the two ongoing fanfics I regularly check here. About once per day . . XD

I have no present suggestions. Other than please don't forget the (slowly leveling) karp.

Ditto! :)

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 pm 
    Volume 22 is posted.

Sorry it took so long. I am beginning 23 immediately.

Thanks all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 am 
    Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I am eagerly awaiting in the next update.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 am 
    For some reason all of the art for the Edelbert chapters will no longer appear. I am working on it, everything seems to be in order but still will not work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:41 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Erfmover Supporter Hearts Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    I miss this fanfic so much.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:01 am 
    First of all, Thank you falcore. I work 60-70 hour weeks between May and the end of September. I tried really hard to get Volume 23 (Hurrah, Hurrah) up by July 31. Obviously i did not make it. I should have it very soon though. Once we get to October, I will have 30ish hours a week to kill at work. Last winter I was posting about every two weeks, give or take. I hope to resume a similar scedule by Halloween. I appreciate your patience.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am 
    Sorry for the long pause. I have explained situation above. Thanks for your patience.

I have realized that multiple of my links and pictures are borked somehow. I know they used to work. I will figure it out eventually.

I doubt 24 will take so long.

Thanks. :parson:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:54 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Wahoo!! I’ve been looking forward to a new chapter! Thank you, Salvage. I probably checked this page ten times in hopes it had come.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm 
    It is time once again for an installment of Edelbert Spore.

Enjoy!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:45 pm 
    Volume 25 - Inner Limits. is now posted.

Sorry for the long gap. Progress has been good as of late and I hope to continue. Thank you for reading.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry, and Other Writing