Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:35 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
I hope this is the right place to report issues with the new website format.

1) The right-hand ad panel / Submit A Post / Permatweet section is blocking the 3rd column of square updates

2) The banner ads to the left and right of the main section are small, but the entire right and left side act as a link to them

I've attached a screenpic with annotations.

Looks good otherwise!

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 245.65 KiB | Viewed 1635 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:34 pm 
    Site Admin
    This user is a Tool! Battle Crest Pins Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Alucinor,

Thanks for the feedback. As you might have noticed, we are in the process of rolling out our new site redesign. Things are changing rapidly and we are working around the clock to ensure all bugs are worked out.

We will hopefully sound an all clear soon after the dust has cleared some and we are more confident and the changes.

Also, you might be running into inconsistency issues due to browser caching. If you keep refreshing, it should refresh your browser's cache so you are served all the new changes.

Thanks!

Brendan

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:48 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Is there a way to check who tipped you and for what in the new layout? I used to just have to click my shmuckers total.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I suggest after Team Erfworld gives the final clear, that a Sticky be created in the Bugs forum for any website-related left-over issues.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:50 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    Lipkin wrote:
    Is there a way to check who tipped you and for what in the new layout? I used to just have to click my shmuckers total.

The link is missing, but the page still exists.

https://login.erfworld.com/shmucker_history

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:58 am 
    On the submissions-page, can we please have some control (button/checkbox/...)
    about the order of items (by title/author/posting-date/date of last-update ...) ?

Also, the comments below the stories (like Ethereum)
    formatted as three columns makes them hard to read.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:17 am 
    Site Admin
    This user is a Tool! Battle Crest Pins Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    We have it noted in our bug list to fix the link to Shmucker history! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Brendan

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:01 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    On a mobile phone the blogs and forums page are bigger then the screen, even when fully zoomed out.

My Fanfic:

Rendevouz with Destiny

While Hope Prevails Inside our Hearts

One Small Step

King in the machine

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:56 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Submissions page: The sidebar is covering up a third of the posts for me.

Also, the inability to see featured submissions at the top of the page or get links to accepted submissions anywhere but the front page hurts that part of the site.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    madmed wrote:
    On a mobile phone the blogs and forums page are bigger then the screen, even when fully zoomed out.

Yeah, this is really awful. Please fix it!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:31 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Yeah, I'd like the feed on the main page fixed too. Or, at least, adjust the rest of the site to provide legit links to the different sections of the page on the toolbar up top or something. The feed is a complete mess. It overlaps with the perma-tweets, and the filters are awkward. It makes the whole thing feel like it was designed to be streamlined, but somehow ended up way clunkier.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:16 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    Hitting refresh/F5 in your browser should fix the worst of it now.
    They are probably close to finishing now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This is how much of the comic I can see on my phone:

Do I need to point out that this makes it difficult to enjoy? Or comprehend, even?

There are other issues with the new format, but this makes the site basically unusable on mobile.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:24 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I always have to check, "use desktop site" for phones and tablets. The formatting is HORRIBAD. Amazon just as an example won't let me adjust the font size, so I have to use desktop site and pan around.

Please get rid of the submit a post and tweet crap on the right. It covers up the third column and is annoying. Thank you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld