Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Wait, What Why!?!?!?!!?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:52 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy new format. I liked old format. This format is glitchy. whhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I have 200 smuckers for a turn-mancer to cast on the website

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:19 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    conmor wrote:
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy new format. I liked old format. This format is glitchy. whhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Mmmmm delicious.

Sour grapes make for the best whine.

*Badum-tish!*

But seriously, yeah, I'm using my tablet and the ads eat up a good chunk of any update on the right hand side. :|

I remember feeling this way about the past site redesign, only to eventually come to like it. Maybe a little time and they'll work out the glitches.

Or they will finish the Turnamancy process and make us like it.

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:13 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Main complaint from me is that i'd prefer to see the current latest update in a single row wide format on the feed and have the fanfiction, (and maybe toolbox, not sure how many updates a month that gets), on a seperate feed, as is i've filtered the fanfiction stuff out because it takes up too much space compared to the main comic which hurts it's exposure. Also only mildly relevant but the toolbox previews appear to have gone as well, i know seeing the cool stuff they got made me decide as soon as i had a steady income sufficient for the expense again, (been very variable the last year or so), i'd like to become a member, removing that hurts that IMO.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:33 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    We're still working on deploying and then fixing all the things. We'll hopefully sound an all clear when all is clear. Sorry for the dust!

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:02 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    Red wrote:
    We're still working on deploying and then fixing all the things. We'll hopefully sound an all clear when all is clear. Sorry for the dust!

Hooray! :D

One small thing that's missing is the Shmucker history link on the counter. I couldn't find a link to it on the new site, but I managed to fish one out of my browser history.

https://login.erfworld.com/shmucker_history

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:38 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Are tools supposed to be seeing ads?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:39 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    well, it's definitely more asthetically pleasing to have the comic take up the entire page, instead of an add, and those permatweets if no adds, taking up space on the side.

One thing I'd like to see is to have the Titan news have it's own feed and not be mixed in with the pages. That way if I want to find an old news page, it will be much easier to find.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:27 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Naz Drala wrote:
    I have 200 smuckers for a turn-mancer to cast on the website

Please, everybody knows the magic kingdom deals in Rands.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:50 am 
    Site Admin
    This user is a Tool! Battle Crest Pins Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Xarx wrote:
    Are tools supposed to be seeing ads?

No you are not suppose to be seeing ads if you are a Tool. Sorry for the bug. We are still working through issues. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Brendan

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:01 am 
    I'll pay 500 rands for a croakamancer to uncroak the old website.

Jokes aside, I like the way the new layout is going. Can't wait to see how it goes, though at the moment, I liked the old stream view compared to the new one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:55 am 
    Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user has been published! Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Why do all the names of people that tip and the amounts they give need to be publicly recorded in the blog post area? I dunno, feels invasive. I mean, I didn't mind that the person that I actually tipped knowing, but posting it so everyone knows seems excessive.

This is especially so because finding the smucker history is harder to find now. Why make it easier for strangers to see tipping histories than it is for the ones tipping/being tipped?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:39 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most
    The link to shmucker history will be coming back soon, it's on our list. We have quite a lot of little breaks to adjust.

The main reason for the extra tipping visibility is that it's been noticed that tips are actually sizeably exceeding the rewarded amounts for posts very often, but up until now there's been no good way for anyone making a post to know that, and even for people who have made them working out what posts people really liked has required doing a manual accounting using the history page, when it should really be easy for authors and potential authors to see what's been popular and who liked it.

There'll be a full news thing once all the parts of the site are in place; sorry for all the disruption in the meantime and I hope it's less annoying once it is done.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:18 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Okay, now I can't zoom out on my phone. This is not good!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:29 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm gonna agree with tomaO2, it gives the impression that you didn't think at all how the tippers are going to feel about making the information suddenly public. I find this decision to be very bad.

You could have just shown the tip total of the post, you could have not shown the names, you could have made an option for the tippers' profile where they can choose if they want their tips shown publicly or you could have made two levels of anonymity where one shows the tippers name just to the blog poster and another would have been totally anonymous and the older non-anonymous tips defaulted to the lower anonymity level.

Possibly most of the tippers don't mind, but I'm on principle against all and every instance where previously private information is made public without any warning on a whim. It is a very effective way to erode trust.

Are you going to make the forum tips public next?

When the overhaul is complete and a proper feedback thread is established, I'm gonna copy paste this there also.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:50 am 
    I don't want my tipping history public. It says too much about the people who agree with me, and it says things about who I agree with. It can be embarassing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:39 am 
    Carl wrote:
    Main complaint from me is that i'd prefer to see the current latest update in a single row wide format on the feed and have the fanfiction, (and maybe toolbox, not sure how many updates a month that gets), on a seperate feed, as is i've filtered the fanfiction stuff out because it takes up too much space compared to the main comic which hurts it's exposure. Also only mildly relevant but the toolbox previews appear to have gone as well, i know seeing the cool stuff they got made me decide as soon as i had a steady income sufficient for the expense again, (been very variable the last year or so), i'd like to become a member, removing that hurts that IMO.

I liked (and miss having) selections of the best fan-made stuff presented to me. It looks like some of it is still present, partially covered in the rightmost column. I'm looking forward to when the cosmetic stuff is sorted out. I hope the selections still have their own neighborhood. It makes it much easier to look quickly and see what the recommendations are.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:43 am 
    I'm also not enamored of the permanent nav-bar at the top or the permanent Copyright notice at the bottom. Just because you can force things to be on screen constantly doesn't mean you should. If you need to do this, a column or corner of the screen might feel less confining.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld