Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: ¡Two fer One Contest!
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit IRC Quote of the Moment
Had you ever felt that you want to put a story for one of Vendanna's contests but the time was too short to end it? Fear not! I'm making yet another Contest thanks to a windfall of schmuckers. ¿Did I said one? my bad, its two or more, for you to put your glorious Erf fiction to awe everyone that is still following these contests!

So... Ven... What do we have to do? Just write and submitt things here until time runs out, and better off, you can send multiple ones for the same contest to increase your chances to win something! :o

*Note: if the participation is too high on some of the contests, I may put up Runnerups prices too.

I'll finish it, pinky swear! Story: This is a free themed contest about erf, you can submit here all your fictions that you wanted to use but never had the chance, or just outright new fictions. The only rule is that you have to expand the world. (don't use Rob's characters and sides)

:wanda: First prize of 150 Shmuckers;
:charlie: Second prize of 100 Shmuckers;
:stanley: Third prize is 50 Shmuckers;

Visual theme: Any image or video (animated gifs also count) pertaining to erfworld, 3d models also counts but I don't think there will be any (you can prove me wrong!)

:wanda: First prize of 100 Shmuckers;
:charlie: Second prize of 60 Shmuckers;
:stanley: Third prize is 40 Shmuckers;

Unit Contest: Natural allies or just a random side units. Did you wanted to make your own side? this is the place for it. Recall that the units levels are 0, 1, 2 and 3 max like in cannon (I'm not sure but someone can enlightment me on this). as a note you get bonus point on this entry if you make 1 unit for each level and possible sinergy between them!!

*Note: Numbers is quite angry with Rob for stopping putting the unit stats on the books, its impossible to make a game that way, tsk tsk. So the only enforced rule is that you need to put numbers on the stats of the units.

Maintain your Rythm!: This contest consists in the ever classic of changing lyrics to songs on the real word, the only rule here is that you must link to the song so everyone could check how good of a work you did for a Rhyme-bonus on your entry!

Lord Hamster approval!: This contest is about the most witty/funny hamstard entry you can come up with, play it for chuckles!

:wanda: First prize of 30 Shmuckers;
:charlie: Second prize of 15 Shmuckers;
:stanley: Third prize is 5 Shmuckers;

Iconoclast contest: This one is a special one, you know that when you are making a post there's a list of smileys to pick from, no? like this one -> :mrgreen: Welp, ain't a bit sad that we don't have access to more personal Erf style ones? Why use a :mrgreen: when it could have been a gobwin smiling? so get your pixel art funsies and try to redo one of these smileys for our personal use on the forum! (maybe if it looks good rob would use them!)

:wanda: First prize of 30 Shmuckers;
:charlie: Second prize of 15 Shmuckers;
:stanley: Third prize is 5 Shmuckers;

*If you don't know what program to use to make them, Gimp is free and you can do animated gifs with them!

That's so far 1000 schmuckers worth of prices! I hope its enticing enough to increase participation. mehehe, let's make this one a helluva of love for erfworld!!!

Finish date: The competition is open up until February 1st (why that date? Because I'm sure people will be busy during festivities and I also want to leave time for people to enter in the contest)

Math's is in the air! <- date Open until march 1st!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:50 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Damn it, I have done all of those at least once. But I did them years ago. Too bad I stopped playing LoL two years ago.

Videos and 3d models:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ke7sfSOqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31hPnzB2kWo

Generating your own units? Been there, done that. Generate your own archon today!

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/5645 ... -generator

Changing the song so it fits the erfword? I do it in every fanfic I write :)

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/5030 ... men-part-1

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/57266/the-lilith

And for images, here:

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/5130 ... ord-fanfic

My one and only Hamstard:
    https://hamstard.erfworld.com/blog/view ... -and-bells
    Now, you choose whatever you feel fits your competitions.

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    ...Okay, wow, that's way more than two. I can dig that.

I have my eye on the visual art and the Rhyming -- I have a couple of ideas I'm itching to air out. I just hope folks like seeing background characters get screen-time, because that's who's on deck.

(Does it count if the song comes from a movie, or a TV show or whatever? Or does it have to be an IRL song?)

---

Interesting note about the unit levels. I've never heard of a level-zero unit before. (Maybe that'd be interesting to invent?) But I am pretty sure that the units aren't limited by a max of level 3... it just looks that way because it's really unlikely for non-caster units to survive past level 3 unless they already have a knack for combat.

Or by "level," did you mean a class such as knight, heavy, or none of the above?

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:09 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit IRC Quote of the Moment
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:

I have my eye on the visual art and the Rhyming -- I have a couple of ideas I'm itching to air out. I just hope folks like seeing background characters get screen-time, because that's who's on deck.

(Does it count if the song comes from a movie, or a TV show or whatever? Or does it have to be an IRL song?)

As long as you can link the song so the judges (and with judges mainly refer to myself as I'm the only judge currently) can sing your song at the rythm of it, its fine.

Quote:
    ---

Interesting note about the unit levels. I've never heard of a level-zero unit before. (Maybe that'd be interesting to invent?) But I am pretty sure that the units aren't limited by a max of level 3... it just looks that way because it's really unlikely for non-caster units to survive past level 3 unless they already have a knack for combat.

Or by "level," did you mean a class such as knight, heavy, or none of the above?

By levels I'm referring to "city levels" so far in cannon we only have known on up to 3 city levels to pop units (I think its dwagons and megalos) with lvl 0 I refer such a thing as bats and similar that are too weak to be equivalent to infantry (which is lvl 1).

Class is different, a Knight seems more like a lvl 2 unit with the "heavy" or "elite" special. since they pack more of a punch.

Just mentioning so, if it helps to solve the doubts. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:41 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Vendanna wrote:
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:

As long as you can link the song so the judges (and with judges mainly refer to myself as I'm the only judge currently) can sing your song at the rythm of it, its fine.

I take it using a higher number of verses than the song we're parodying is a bad thing? Or can you guess the melody of each verse so long a the melody of verses remains the same?

Here's something I started way back during the hiatus that came with "This little mother has sharp claws"

The Cast of Erfworld does Suicide is Painless: or *E*R*F* (Erratic Rhyming Fansong), a parody of Suicide is Painless.

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/6218 ... king-title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

For reference of when in the canon each of the verses takes place.
    Spoiler: show
    Bea's that one time when she was alive.

Albert's mulling over the stabber he incapacitated

Charlie's is on either the panel where he appears as Charlie Sheen on 144, or the crying picture on aftermathamancy.

Stanley is naked

Roger is after the temple fell.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:54 am 
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    I take it using a higher number of verses than the song we're parodying is a bad thing?

In my case (and talking from me only) I don't think its a good thing to break the number of verses of the song you are parodying, because it breaks the tempo of the song.

for example a Sonnet is a poem of fourteen lines that follows a strict rhyme scheme and specific structure, but usually each line has the same number of verses which makes the entire poem feel structural and solid.

while I'm not a music type, I know that usually, songs try to keep a structure and adding "plus" verses in a line would "inbalance" the entire thing (to the hear it would be like "something is amiss").

Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Or can you guess the melody of each verse so long a the melody of verses remains the same?

Well, unless somehow we get a judge that is better than me for this. What I'm going to do is hear the song the participants give link to (youtube or as such) and follow it with the lyrics given in the entry. in a similar fashion as Frozen literal version is the song of frozen with changed lyrics, and as in the video linked its easy to follow the altered version quite easy. :)

Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Here's something I started way back during the hiatus that came with "This little mother has sharp claws"

The Cast of Erfworld does Suicide is Painless: or *E*R*F* (Erratic Rhyming Fansong), a parody of Suicide is Painless.

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/6218 ... king-title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

For reference of when in the canon each of the verses takes place.
    Spoiler: show
    Bea's that one time when she was alive.

Albert's mulling over the stabber he incapacitated

Charlie's is on either the panel where he appears as Charlie Sheen on 144, or the crying picture on aftermathamancy.

Stanley is naked

Roger is after the temple fell.

sure, also recall that you can submitt more than one to increase your chances to win something. I hope I have solved your doubts. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:57 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Vendanna wrote:
    By levels I'm referring to "city levels" so far in cannon we only have known on up to 3 city levels to pop units (I think its dwagons and megalos) with lvl 0 I refer such a thing as bats and similar that are too weak to be equivalent to infantry (which is lvl 1).

I think the megalos can only be popped by level 4 cities. I'm unsure, and it's possible that canon doesn't state it specifically. Anyways, I think that restriction should be lifted, some apocalyptic unit that could only be created with level 5 cities after dozens of turns could be cool.

I think I will write up all the units for a side I thought of for a fanfic I won't write, including caster made units specific to that side. I also though of other custom sides before, so I could post stuff from those.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:40 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Vendanna wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    I take it using a higher number of verses than the song we're parodying is a bad thing?

In my case (and talking from me only) I don't think its a good thing to break the number of verses of the song you are parodying, because it breaks the tempo of the song.

for example a Sonnet is a poem of fourteen lines that follows a strict rhyme scheme and specific structure, but usually each line has the same number of verses which makes the entire poem feel structural and solid.

while I'm not a music type, I know that usually, songs try to keep a structure and adding "plus" verses in a line would "inbalance" the entire thing (to the hear it would be like "something is amiss").

I think you misunderstood the question.

The way I read it, it's not about syllables in a line; it's about the number of times the overall lyrical structure i repeated. To use your example of the sonnet, the verses wouldn't be the ten syllables (five iambs) within each line, but the three quatrains, and couplet at the end.

My personal inclination is to say that a parody shouldn't have more verses than the original, but, especially in the case of a particularly long song, it's possible to cut a few out (e.g. Weird Al's "Livin' in the Fridge" cuts out at least a few repetitions of the chorus when compared to the original Aerosmith song).

But I certainly agree with your point that the scansion should, as much as possible, be left unchanged from the original song.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:32 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    Is this good for the unit contest, or should I add more Number.

The B-Eagle

An excerpt from Minister West's Tome of Hounds.

This hound, while not favored by those warlords more interested in direct combat, is eagerly sought out by those warlords with the special (Scouting). The discerning ruler may find that popping several of these will enhance their scouts' effectiveness far more than simply adding a stack of disposable infantry units that will only serve as XP fodder for their enemies.

Popping
    The b-eagle can be popped in any level one city. They normally pop in pairs, although rarely the Titans will grant a third as a blessing—this should not be expected, the Titans grant as they will. You will need to have at least one city hex on your side adjacent to a plains or a forest to pop naturally. Otherwise you must trade for one of the units as a popping template.

Appearance
    The b-eagle is a fairly small hound with mostly white fur, black ears, and a black oval on its back, just above its tail. It has a far larger than normal head with a bulbous muzzle and a thin neck. Many do not appreciate the proportions of this hound, but a muzzle the size of it’s head and a head and muzzle the size of it's body are normal for the unit.

Demeanor
    The b-eagle has a very gregarious nature and gets along well with all units. It is respectful to higher level units, but does have a tendency to play tricks on low level infantry units. They have been known to be oddly protective of small prey birds.

Behavior
    The b-eagle seems comfortable walking or running on either two legs or four. While it cannot acquire skills any more than any other unit can, when given duds to fit, it will attempt to mimic the behavior of appropriate units.

Specifications
    The b-eagle has stats approximating half those of a level One stabber, so it should not be used as a front-line combatant except in the most serious situations.

The key benefit of a b-eagle is in its three specials.
    When given a scarf and a pair of flying goggles as duds it will assume the seated position of a human unit be able to make use of its (flight) special. Unfortunately it cannot fight effectively from this position, but it does makes an excellent scout. Oddly, the one unit it will attack while in flight is a mounted red dwagon. This is believed to be Signamancy-related, but precise details are unknown. Its second special is a significant bonus to Foraging—it has an ability for finding prey animals above what would be expected in a unit of equivalent level. The b-eagle's third special is an ability to see through Foolamancy veils at a level far above its own. If the b-eagle pops in triplets one of them tends not to have this last special.

All in all, the b-eagle can make an excellent addition to your scouting stacks and when used properly will multiply its value far beyond its upkeep.

Rise of the Stagemancer: Part 1 Trust Me
    A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm 
    tadthornhill wrote:
    Is this good for the unit contest, or should I add more Number.

The B-Eagle...

Far surpass my expectations, with numbers I would expect to at least get in the entry what parson could see with its 3d googles. (atk, HP, specials) since that way we are also enriching the possibility of a erfworld game with them (even if they have to be balanced later)

Lovely unit, nonetheless. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:58 pm 
    just informing the people that the end line for the contest is closing in and soon I'll judge the entries, so if you want to participate, you should send your entries! Good luck everyone. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:31 pm 
    Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user has been published! Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Vendanna wrote:

Class is different, a Knight seems more like a lvl 2 unit with the "heavy" or "elite" special. since they pack more of a punch.

Just mentioning so, if it helps to solve the doubts. :)

I'm pretty sure that megawiffs require a level 4 city (or a turnamancer) to pop. This hasn't been listed anywhere, but dwagons are rank 3, and I cannot imagine that a mega isn't higher. I'm also sorta debating if a knight is a rank 1 or rank 2 unit (I use rank to differentiate the city level needed to pop vs the level it is currently gained from combat experience) but I'm sticking with it being a rank 1 at this time.

Vendanna wrote:

Unit Contest: Natural allies or just a random side units. Did you wanted to make your own side? this is the place for it. Recall that the units levels are 0, 1, 2 and 3 max like in cannon (I'm not sure but someone can enlightment me on this). as a note you get bonus point on this entry if you make 1 unit for each level and possible sinergy between them!!

*Note: Numbers is quite angry with Rob for stopping putting the unit stats on the books, its impossible to make a game that way, tsk tsk. So the only enforced rule is that you need to put numbers on the stats of the units.

You are actually making a contest for this?

Am I even allowed to submit my entry? It's so old now, and there is just no possible way anyone has a better system for stat creation than I have. I would be really surprised if you hadn't noticed me writing about it. Well, I don't really care about the money, but I'm certainly going to advertise what I got.

https://rpg.erfworld.com/Toma_RPG:_Unit_Creation

I have an entire process for creating units, I even made a post on "The Units of Erfworld" thread, where I went through every single unit concept on the first page and tested to see how many of them I could turn into units using my system.
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7901&start=58

Was really disappointed no one replied to that one...

Stat descriptions are as follows.

Characteristics
    1. a) Name: Name/race of unit.
    1. b) Class: Racial specialization. Only available to tribes and humans.
    2. Rank: City level needed to pop unit. Also a general indicator of power level of unit.
    3. Type: beast (nonspeaking feral), or infantry (humanoid person)
    4. Weight: heavy (twoll sized, and up), or light (knight sized, and down)
    5. Size: tiny(bat), small(marbit), medium(stabber), large(twoll), dwagon(huge), megawiff(massive)
    6. terrain: land, water, or air.

Stats
    1. attack (att)- Determines hit chance and the amount of damage dealt upon a successful strike.
    2. maximum damage (max dmg)- Determines the max damage that can be dealt in a single strike. Applies only to light units.
    3. defense (def)- Determines your chance to avoid being hit.
    4. dodge (dge)- Mechanic to show how large units have a harder time hitting small ones, than smalls have with hitting large.
    5. hit points (hp)- Determines the amount of damage your unit can withstand before croaking. 0 hp incapacitates, -1 croaks.
    6. movement (mv)- Determines how fast your unit can move in a combat round, and who moves first.
    7. reach (rch)- Measurements is in 5 foot increments. Determines how far away you can hit your opponent from .
    8. upkeep ($)- Determines the cost to keep the unit alive every turn. Also doubles as a supply cap when creating custom armies.

'''Other'''
    1. Weapon: weapon name; melee or ranged weapon; weapon length
    2. Slot increase: can take a penalty in order to gain more slots. Slots are a then traded for specials, and various heavy templates. (only shown if used)
    2. Stat redistribution: Limited trade of attribute points. (only shown if used)
    4. Specials: Unique abilities. Generally, rank 1 units get 3 specials, with an additional 2 specials for every rank up (max 9).

Stat board like this.

-Race: {rank: }/type: / weight: {size: }/ terrain:
    -att: {max dmg: }/ def: {dge: }/ hp: / mv: / rng: / $
    -Weapon name: /weapon group: /weapon length:
    -Specials:

I've made all sorts of units, from archons, to stabbers, to marbits, to bats. I can make just about anything that isn't part of a tribe, or a caster. IF you want to see more units, I can easily oblige. Although, I would suggest you just make your own, because it's not overly hard with my ruleset.

My quintessential example is that of Bogroll the twoll. I may not be able to recreate every unit Rob posts, but my system, can, at least, make Bogroll. This is the questionare I use to determine how to stat out a unit.

Example: Making a twoll.<br />
    1. Race & concept: == Twoll. Big ugly guy that likes dark places.

2. Type: Infantry (4{8}/4/6/ 8) [X]
    . or Beast (4{8}/4/6/10) [_]
    -Note: combat(cbt) {damage cap(cap)}/ defence(def)/ hit points(hp)/ movement(mv)

3. Weight: Light ( n/c ; 20$) [_]
    . or Heavy (+1{n/a}/+1/+6/+2; 40$) [X]
    -Note: Light= default, no change (n/c). Cap is not applicable (n/a) to heavies. Upkeep ($).

4. a) Terrain: Land ( n/c ) [X]
    . Water (*1 {*1}/*1/*1/*1.5) [_]
    . or Air-light (-1 {*1}/-1/-1/*2.0) [_]
    . Air-heavy (-1{n/a}/-1/-2/*3.0) [_]
    -- b) If you choose heavy, is it underground capable, Y/N? == Y

5. a) Size (light): Tiny ( 0 {0}/ 0{+3}/ 1/-4 ; 0 rch/ 1.25$ land; 1.75$ air) [_]
    . Small (-1 {3}/-1{+1}/-3/-2 ; 1 rch/ 5$ - - - - ) [_]
    . Medium ( n/c ; 1 rch/ 20$ - - - - ) [_]
    -- b) Size (heavy): Large ( n/c ; 1 rch/ 40$) [X]
    . Huge (*2{n/a}/*2{-4}/*3.0/-2; 2 rch/ 100$) [_]
    . Massive (*3{n/a}/*3{-7}/*7.5/-4; 3 rch/ 200$) [_]
    -Note: If light, dmg= 1/2 combat (round down, minimum 1); if heavy, dmg=cbt
    -Note: cbt {cap}/def {dodge (dge)}/ hp/ mv; reach (rch) (1 hex= 5 feet)/ $

6. a) Weapon name: == club
    -- b) Weapon group: -Melee (rch) [X]
    . -Ranged (rng) [_]
    -- c) Weapon length (infantry only): -short [_] <<Must pick if air, beast, or both.
    . -normal [X]
    . -long [_]
    --Size: tiny (0 rch) |small (1 rch) |medium (1 rch)|large (1 rch) |huge (2 rch) |massive (3 rch)|
    short: 0 rch/ 1 rng |1 rch/ 7 rng |1 rch/ 10 rng |1 rch/ 12 rng |2 rch/ 15 rng |3 rch/ 22 rng |
    normal: 0 rch/ 4 rng |1 rch/ 30 rng |1 rch/ 40 rng |2 rch/ 50 rng |3 rch/ 60 rng |5 rch/ 90 rng |
    long: 0 rch/ 6 rng |2 rch/ 45 rng |2 rch/ 60 rng |3 rch/ 75 rng |4 rch/ 90 rng |6 rch/ 135 rng |
    -Note: Rch/Rng of dagger/shuriken=short; sword/bow=normal; spear/heavy crossbow=long
    -Note: Long rch weapons, and normal/long rng weapons, may not attack adjunct hexes.
    -Note: If land/water infantry picks the 'weapon length: short' option, -1 combat.

7. a) Stat swap : == no
    -Note: cbt/def can be traded (*1.5 max; round down). hp/mv can be traded (*1.25 max; round down).
    -- b) Slot trade (+1 slot for each, if applicable): -Upkeep *1.5 [_]
    . -Remove mount special [_]

8. Rank: -Rank 1 (3 slots) *1 upkeep [X] <<<Minimum rank, if large.
    . -Rank 2 (5 slots) *2 upkeep [_]
    . -Rank 3 (7 slots) *3 upkeep [_] <<<Minimum rank, if huge.
    . -Rank 4 (9 slots) *4 upkeep [_] <<<Minimum rank, if massive.
    -Note: Small: rnk 1 only; pop 4 per turn. Tiny: rnk 1 only; pop 19 (land)/12 (air), per turn.

9. a) Slots (subtract size choice from total)==3 slots- 2 large= 1 slot
    -Note: Large: -2 slots; Huge: -4 slots; Massive: -6 slots.
    -- b) Specials : ==1 slot- 1 fabrication = 0 slots
    -Note: Specials are bought with slots. Pick from the provided list in section 9.

10. Final unit template:==
    -Quick stats: Check type/weight/terrain/size. Choose appropriate line on the 'Section 5' chart.
    -Quick stats: Must add appropriate reach increase, if using a normal/long/ranged weapon.

Race: Twoll {rank: 1}/type: infantry/ weight: heavy {size: large}/ terrain: land (underground)
    Weapon name:club/ weapon group: melee/ weapon length: normal
    cbt: 5 {cap: n/a}/ def: 4 {dge: -2}/ hp: 12/ mv: 11/ rng: 2/ $ 40
    Stat swap: 0% for 0%/ Slot trade: no
    Specials: large; fabrication
    Note: Unarmoured, -1 defense +1 move

If anyone is interested. I'm working hard on creating an Erfworld unit creating battle simulator. All comments and criticism are welcome.

https://rpg.erfworld.com/Toma_RPG

I'm making an Erfworld RPG, feel free to join in and add to the discussion. 

Last edited by TomaO2 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:36 am 
    tomaO2 wrote:
    You are actually making a contest for this?

Am I even allowed to submit my entry? It's so old now, and there is just no possible way anyone has a better system for stat creation than I have. I would be really surprised if you hadn't noticed me writing about it. Well, I don't really care about the money, but I'm certainly going to advertise what I got.

I did not bar anyone from entering in the contest, thou the main purpose on the contest is to get "new content" for erfworld, so you should consider that when submitting it, especially since you can even add more than 1 entry. so feel free to add all units you want. :)

yes, you can advertise your unit creation system in there, if that help people add more entries in the contest. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:36 pm 
    Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user has been published! Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    I see, so the main objection is that I used Bogroll as the unit?

Alright then. Allow me to introduce the anti projectile infantry series. Infantry units that use close reach attacks, and specialize against ranged units.

race: man/ class: Shivver {rank: 1}/type: infantry/ weight: light {size: medium}/ terrain: land
    Weapon name: dagger/ weapon group: melee/ weapon length: short
    cbt: 0 {cap: 4}/ def: 1 {dge: 0}/ hp: 4/ mv: 6/ rng: 5'/ $5
    Specials: Promotion (assassin, warlord)
    Note: Standard base infantry unit. Pops 8 per turn. They are on the same level as pikers, only the range is short, instead of long. While not an anti-archer unit themselves, they can be promoted into one.

race: man/ class: Assassin? {rank: 1}/ type: infantry/ weight: light {size: medium}/ terrain: land
    Weapon name: katar/ weapon group: melee/ weapon length: short
    cbt: 3 {cap: 8}/ def: 4 {dge: 0}/ hp: 6/ mv: 8/ rng: 5'/ $ 20
    Specials: scout (can withdraw from combat); advanced initiative ( +5 to initiative roll); deflect arrows (needs a free hand; +3 defense vs projectiles; can deflect 1 projectile per combat round)
    Notes: Standard knight level shivver, pops 1 per turn; specialized against ranged attackers

race: Monk {rank 2)/ type: infantry/ weight: light {size: medium}/ terrain: land
    Weapon name: unarmed/ weapon group: melee/ weapon length: short
    cbt: 3 {cap: 8}/ def: 3 {dge: 0}/ hp: 6/ mv: 13/ rng: 5'; 50'/ $ 40
    Specials: scout (can withdraw from combat); snatch arrows (tier 2 deflect arrows: needs a free hand; +3 def vs projectiles; can deflect 1 projectile, or catch and throw it at anyone in range); move (+50% move; round down); ki strike (tier 2: no penalty for fighting unarmed; energy covers hands, damage equal to combat); two weapon fighting (tier 2: +1 attack per round)
    Notes: Unique unit, pops 1 every 2 rounds. Attacks twice per round (throwing back a projectile counts as an attack). Deadly against ranged units. Unarmoured (+1 move -1 defense)

race: Zen Master {rank 3)/ type: infantry/ weight: light {size: medium}/ terrain: land
    Weapon name: unarmed/ weapon group: melee/ weapon length: short
    cbt: 3 {cap: 8}/ def: 3 {dge: 0}/ hp: 6/ mv: 13/ rng: 5; 50'/ $ 60
    Specials: scout (can withdraw from combat); Awareness (tier 3 improved initiative: can sense hostile intent; cannot be ambushed, can attack while surprised; +7 initiative); greater snatch arrows (tier 3 deflect arrows: needs 1 free hand per arrow catch; +3 def vs projectiles; can deflect 2 projectiles, or catch and throw them at anyone in range); move (+50% move; round down); two weapon fighting (tier 2: +1 attack per round); ki strike (tier 2: no penalty for fighting unarmed; energy covers hands, damage equal to combat); Ki shield (tier 3: creates energy shields that can block a point of impact; can be used to block 1 successful attack per round)
    Notes: Unique unit, pops 1 every 4 rounds. Rank 3 is the maximum rank for a medium sized unit. Attacks twice per round (throwing back a projectile counts as an attack). Deadly against ranged units. Unarmoured (+1 move -1 defense). Extremely difficult to kill.

The signature move is deflect arrows, and its upgrades.

Basic combat stats stay largely the same for units of the same size, regardless of how high or low a rank they are (the shivver was weaker than the others to compensate for their higher pop rate).

The difference between a rank 1 and a rank 3 infantry is normally the number of specials (typically 3 specials at rank 1, 5 specials at rank 2, and 7 specials at rank 3), and the quality of the specials.

Stronger specials are not available to weaker units is the general rule. I don't have a hard and fast guide as to what is too strong, so I have to wing that part a bit.

I'm making an Erfworld RPG, feel free to join in and add to the discussion. 

Last edited by TomaO2 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am, edited 10 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:02 pm 
    tomaO2 wrote:
    I see, so the main objection is that I used Bogroll as the unit?

I don't have any objection to any entry, I was just informing all participants that when judging entries I will add more weight/value to entries that are new content than older works.

I'm happy to have your entries and good luck!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:05 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Oh boy, I missed this until the last day it was running. Let's see what I can make, eh?

Johnson Constantine, the Fierce and Dirty Fool
    An ancient conqueror, long croaked. Surviving accounts of his reign are somewhat apocryphal - most claim that he was a caster of some stripe, but that he also led battles like a warlord, kept the head of another caster to advise him, and left bizarre items and terrain features in his wake.
    Of the curiosities attributed to him, the most famous by far is Johnson Cave; the massive underground labyrinth in which the laws of Move seem twisted. It is said that if a commander could brave the traps and foes there, they would find in its center the seat of power for the strongest side in history. But none have yet succeeded.

I've got more things I could try hammering out, but I need to handle other stuff first. Either way, I'm pretty happy with this one.

EDIT: Missed the deadline for more, it appears. Oh well, I've given it some minor tweaks for flow anyway.

"The strong trample the weak, and the weak become as thorns and briars, until the strong are forced to kneel. Then the weak find they have become the strong, and the cycle starts anew. Such is the way of the world."

I can also be found here.

Last edited by Horatio Von Becker on Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:23 pm 
    Horatio Von Becker wrote:
    Oh boy, I missed this until the last day it was running. Let's see what I can make, eh?

I've got more things I could try hammering out, but I need to handle other stuff first. Either way, I'm pretty happy with this one.

awesome! don't worry since you have still a few hours left. good luck to everyone participating.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:10 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Here's one (unit) I've been saving since the "Its allies about the hair Contest" (however the fic ended up being too much about a side with said following units vs a side run by sentient eagles, and not enough about the hair. And for most of January (for this contest) I had my laptop in a repair shop.)

Dumbo Jets - It is said that in order to escape it's natural preditor, the mouse, the titans gave the elephant the ability of flight.
    However in the Ning Nang Nong (where there's a Nong Ning Nang*), the mice go clang, often causing the dumbos to spook in midair. Dumbo Jets were created (popped/engineered?) as a solution to this problem. By strapping jet-turbines underneath the elephant's ears, the Dumbo Jet is able to block out (and outproduce) the noises made by the mice below in the tropical jungle of the Ning Nang Nong. Dumbo Jets are remarkably stealthy for their environment.

For it truly is, a noisy place to belong.

Also of note, for some strange reason these beasts and their riders don't seem to take verbal orders very well.

*Don't ask me what a Nong Ning Nang is.

Name: Dumbo Jet
    Kind: Mount / Heavy
    City Level: 2-4.
    Hits:14-28 (varies between city level, and size of Dumbo): Move 24: Attack 6: Defense: 3.
    Terrain:air
    Specials:Flight; hearing impairment.
    upkeep: 80 - 240.

Nose Gobwins - Gobwins with large noses.
    Specials: Digging for gold, and Boogieing.
    Weapon:Nose Gobwins typically wield the pick-axe as their weapon which they also use to dig for gold.
    Upkeep: 15 scmucks. (Or 280$ +3 boars, for a certain obelisk-delivery Gobwin named Men Hurr)
    Weight: Light/heavy.
    Hits:4.
    Move:8-9
    Terrain:Land, mountains.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Got one all done -- a Rhyme with prose is what I chose.

Link = here

EDIT: I swear on my honor that it's only 11:33 EST when I posted this. Is that too late?

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:19 am 
    ok, contest closed up. I'll look at all entries later on the day. all entries submitted after this post will be awesomely read and enjoyed BUT wouldn't count towards the entries for the contest.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld