Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm 
I'm referring to page 15, book one. Parson, prior to being summoned in to Erfworld, is talking about the “marbits” in Lucky Charms. He then goes on about “quantum staleness” and a computer that doesn't use “bits, or qbits” but marbits.

When I first began reading, I thought that maybe Charlie was a supercomputer comprised of marbits in a hive-mind or something. Maybe Thinkamancy, or maybe pulling toggles or pressing buttons. Who knows? Maybe Marbits take pleasure in that sort of thing.

I've skipped through much of books 2 and 1 and the prequel, but I've not seen anything which seems like it would be a marbit computer.
Granted that nothing about arcane knowledge was a requisite for Parson being summoned to Erfworld, so there's no reason for his quip about a marbit computer to have any bearing on anything in Erfworld, but … does anyone else think that maybe it will appear somewhere, if it hasn't already?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:51 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
    Either it's exactly what it seems, just referring to the fact that marshmallows are in a superposition of stale and chewy until observed...

Or perhaps Erfworld itself is a simulation running on a Marbit-based computer.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 am 
    Ooooh but maybe there's a larger theory that the whole simulation is in fact Parson's coma dream having choked on a stale marbit...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld