Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:17 pm 
This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
As the title says. I am currently sitting on a pile of shmuckers which look nice but do not really do anything since I cannot possibly tip them away in a lifetime. Therefore I would like to donate some of them to be used to gift children who got a rotten deal in life with some nice dwagon plushies. I think some other members of the Erfworld community might be interested in pitching in some Shmuckers for that too.

I do not expect this to happen right now, Rob and Linda are very busy, the shop is closed and the last thing I want to do is put more work on Rob and Linda.

Therefore I propose the following: Perhaps Red or JBeshir (or Rob if there is no other way) can create a new user account"Plushies for kids with cancer" or something along those lines where people can donate Shmuckers. Once every three months or so(to reduce workload) whatever has accumulated gets used to buy plushies in the shop which are sent to childrens clinics or a cancer foundation or some other suitable organization. Perhaps some Erfworlders from the USA have more precise ideas.

Thoughts and or comments?

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:37 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip
    I can see two possible issues with this, right off the bat.

First, there may be legal issues. If you're collecting donations on behalf of a charity, you may legally need to disclose which charity it is going to, which would limit the ability to give the toys directly to a hospital without specifying which ahead of time. Before doing this, Rob would definitely need to look into any legal responsibilities he's taking on.

Second, I don't know how many unspent Shmuckers are floating around the system, but it's got to be a lot: the are ~32,000 Shmuckers entering the economy every month, and very, very few (if any) being spent with the Store closed. If a whole bunch are spent at once, it could be the digital equivalent of a run on the bank. If a lot of people see this charity idea, and use it as an excuse to get rid of their excess Shmuckers... Rob may not have the cash on hand to actually manufacture and donate that many plushies.

I think it's a good idea, and I'd like to see it work, for the kids' sake, but I don't know if it's workable.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:52 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    Nimelennar wrote:
    I can see two possible issues with this, right off the bat.

First, there may be legal issues. If you're collecting donations on behalf of a charity, you may legally need to disclose which charity it is going to, which would limit the ability to give the toys directly to a hospital without specifying which ahead of time. Before doing this, Rob would definitely need to look into any legal responsibilities he's taking on.

Second, I don't know how many unspent Shmuckers are floating around the system, but it's got to be a lot: the are ~32,000 Shmuckers entering the economy every month, and very, very few (if any) being spent with the Store closed. If a whole bunch are spent at once, it could be the digital equivalent of a run on the bank. If a lot of people see this charity idea, and use it as an excuse to get rid of their excess Shmuckers... Rob may not have the cash on hand to actually manufacture and donate that many plushies.

I think it's a good idea, and I'd like to see it work, for the kids' sake, but I don't know if it's workable.

To the first point, while legalities can range from a hassle to a nightmare, I was thinking of something rather informal:
    You can tip Shmuckers to whoever you want.
    Said Shmuckers end up in private persons account.
    That private person buys the plushies from the Erfworld shop.
    With their new private property they can do what they want, for example donating them to a charity of their choice.
    And if that person happens to be Rob, the delivery costs should be rather low.

As for the second point, if the amount of Shmuckers exceeds what Rob has in stock he can order new ones and donate them when they are ready. As for the money, I assume Rob has picked prices where he still runs a profit even if all Shmuckers got used in the shop. If not, he can adjust prices.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld