Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:36 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
I am proud to present the first valid contest entry for the Fan Art category. I was going for a foreboding feel with this one. They are fan-created units. It is a group of four Thunder-head units in a wall-cloud formation. Gwiffon for scale.

I have some entries planned for other categories as well, and may even replace this art entry with a different one I am working on if I complete it in time. We shall see.

Attachments:
ThunderHeads3.jpg
ThunderHeads3.jpg [ 96.91 KiB | Viewed 4646 times ]
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:02 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/6109 ... ake-a-bite

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:34 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    Oh wow, those are beautiful!

I wonder if the Thunderheads can appear as a Mufasa? Or croaked mentors if they're part of a given side or carrying a barbarian?

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:19 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip
    Have 500 from me. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    sensate wrote:
    Have 500 from me. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Thanks sensate! :D Just got your donation tallied up. Excluding special (types of) donations, you brought us up to <>22,498 Shmuckers for the prize pool. First place for any given category is now at <>2,371 Shmuckers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:02 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    I recently realized that I actually had a lot more older images that fit the Halloween theme, and decided to share them. Note: these are not eligible for the contest. They are too old. I am merely posting them to share and possibly inspire other artists. Most involve various characters dressed up in different costumes. There is one project I have completed in the last year that may be eligible for the "Other" category that I created in Minecraft. A certain vampire-themed city from the comic, but I haven't decided if I want to reveal that one just yet. We'll see.

First off, we have the dwagon warlords. These were intended to be what the various dwagon colors would look like as people, but could just as easily be warlords dressed up as dwagons. (For added fun, see if you can spot the Stanley star each of them possesses.)

Dwagon Warlords

Next we have the Jetstone casters dressed as characters from the Game Cube game, Tales of Symphonia.

Erf Symphonia

Then there is Bonnie dressed in full decrypted beach-babe gear:

Mellow Wahine

Next up is one that is NOT a costume, but contains a bit of Spookism. A one page comic of Sofa King receiving a surprise gift from Gobwin Knob.

Grade-A Spookism

And lastly, attached are two more images of characters in costume. One was a quick sketch I made for fun back when people thought Roger Victor Clarence may have been a former archon of Charlie's (for some reason). The other you may recognize from the old erfworld site. It was used for the 404 error page. It is Bogroll dressed as Wanda (for some reason). Note: I did not draw the Bogroll. I only added the outfit.

Attachments:
    RogerThat.jpg
    RogerThat.jpg [ 72.73 KiB | Viewed 4581 times ]
    BogrollWanda.jpg
    BogrollWanda.jpg [ 34.55 KiB | Viewed 4581 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:03 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user has been published!
    Prose submission : The Thing on the Garrison

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/6118 ... e-garrison

Enjoy!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:42 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    I recently realized that I actually had a lot more older images that fit the Halloween theme, and decided to share them. Note: these are not eligible for the contest. They are too old. I am merely posting them to share and possibly inspire other artists. Most involve various characters dressed up in different costumes. There is one project I have completed in the last year that may be eligible for the "Other" category that I created in Minecraft. A certain vampire-themed city from the comic, but I haven't decided if I want to reveal that one just yet. We'll see.

First off, we have the dwagon warlords. These were intended to be what the various dwagon colors would look like as people, but could just as easily be warlords dressed up as dwagons. (For added fun, see if you can spot the Stanley star each of them possesses.)

Dwagon Warlords

Next we have the Jetstone casters dressed as characters from the Game Cube game, Tales of Symphonia.

Erf Symphonia

Mellow Wahine

Next up is one that is NOT a costume, but contains a bit of Spookism. A one page comic of Sofa King receiving a surprise gift from Gobwin Knob.

Grade-A Spookism

And lastly, attached are two more images of characters in costume. One was a quick sketch I made for fun back when people thought Roger Victor Clarence may have been a former archon of Charlie's (for some reason). The other you may recognize from the old erfworld site. It was used for the 404 error page. It is Bogroll dressed as Wanda (for some reason). Note: I did not draw the Bogroll. I only added the outfit.

I love everything about your Sofa King ideas.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:27 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Lipkin wrote:
    cloudbreaker wrote:

Dwagon Warlords

Erf Symphonia

Mellow Wahine

Grade-A Spookism

I love everything about your Sofa King awesome ideas.

FTFY.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 pm 
    Hi all, just a friendly reminder that there’s 15 days to go before the deadline (croakline?) closes!

So for those who haven’t submitted their masterpieces yet, we’re cheering you on! And for those who’ve done so already, you have our sincerest thanks. :D

Falcon X wrote:
    Prose submission : The Thing on the Garrison

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/6118 ... e-garrison

Enjoy!

Speaking of which, thank you! I very much dug it.

cloudbreaker wrote:

Dwagon Warlords

Erf Symphonia

Mellow Wahine

Grade-A Spookism

They’re all awesome, Sofa King and grade-A Spookism made me giggle when I saw them. :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:29 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Here's a prose submission.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:40 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    I've finally uploaded my art submission. I finished it more than a week ago...

I've got a poem half composed and my prose idea from last year is in better shape. We'll see what I actually get done, though.

Also, Vendanna has an open contest running for which these can be submissions!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Boys and ghouls beware, it's finally here: my fan fiction submission for the Halloween Competition!

The Rotten Vault of Hallowee

Reader beware! You're in for a scare!*

*The scare is that it's quite long.

Halloween Contest 2018 Fiction First Place Winner: The Rotten Vault of Hallowee

Verdanna's Hellabad fiction contest First Place Winner: Passages from the Titanic Sitcom

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Failing a Hamstard category I guess this could be for the 'other' or 'out of competition' categories.

https://hamstard.erfworld.com/blog/view ... shockmancy

Either way: don't forget to create the occasional Hamstard comic!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:49 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Gonna just go ahead and toss my entry in here. Wasn't sure whether I had to link to the stream or if another link would work so here's both. It's just one entry though.

https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/6150 ... loween-fun
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/8482/f/20 ... cqbnqp.jpg

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:07 pm 
    Thanks everyone! Those are some terrifyingly terrific submissions! :D :o

The judges are currently going through your submissions over the next few days, and we should have the results back in the days following after the contest closes.

Speaking of which, the castle gates are closing! Midnight draws near! Any stragglers might not reach the safety of the city hex before (contest submission) turn ends!

That said, the judges whipped up a very nice score card, so any pending submissions aren’t going to be disadvantaged for coming in later. ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Ah, I thought the deadline was two days sooner. This isn't as polished as it perhaps could be, but here it is:
    https://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/61541/snippets-from-a-burned-book

"The strong trample the weak, and the weak become as thorns and briars, until the strong are forced to kneel. Then the weak find they have become the strong, and the cycle starts anew. Such is the way of the world."

I can also be found here.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:17 pm 
    I have a submission for the Other category. I present to you, Minecraft Transylvito!

I created my interpretation of the city of Transylvito (before the tower transformation) in Minecraft, brick by brick. It took a long time, but I finished it in January of this year and it has a Halloween feel to it, so I figured I would submit it here! The entire build is walkable, from the outer walls, to the courtyard, to all the towers, and a dungeon complex you can get lost in for days. Eventually there will probably be a video tour of it and it may even be available to download, but for now screenshots will have to do.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 am 
    Here is a submission for the Art category to replace my Thunder-heads, if that is alright. (If not, I understand)

Pictured in the attached file is a fight scene I have titled, GARGs vs Goyles. GARG stands for Garrisoned Aerial Rock Golem. They are a flying type of rock golem, but they like to sit on the edge of rooftops and walls, expelling fountains of slippery GARG Oil. The Goyles are actually a unit type that already exists in canon, and are lesser Skanks that have minor magic abilities similar to archons.

Attachments:
    GARGvsGoyle4.jpg
    GARGvsGoyle4.jpg [ 163.47 KiB | Viewed 4307 times ]
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:07 pm 
    Hi Cloudbreaker, no worries, the judges reviewed it and there’s no problem with switching out the earlier piece with this one. ;)

Relatedly, thank you for the Minecraft Transylvito entry. :) The “Other” contest category is now officially open with only a day to go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld