Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:42 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
I mean, that's what Charlie wants her for, right? She's a tactically-minded, strong-willed "female" unit with the Flight special.
Maybe, the way the Arkenpliers create Decrypted from other units (keeping previous specials and levels), maybe the Arkendish can create Archons from other units.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:06 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
    Burley wrote:
    I mean, that's what Charlie wants her for, right? She's a tactically-minded, strong-willed "female" unit with the Flight special.
    Maybe, the way the Arkenpliers create Decrypted from other units (keeping previous specials and levels), maybe the Arkendish can create Archons from other units.

I think it depends almost entirely on what the nature of the Arkendish-created H-string is.

If it can only affect units popped by CharlesComm, or only affect Archons, then no way is Charlie going to choose a FFF unit who is nothing but completely capital-L Loyal to him. Not when he has so many Archons who are.

OTOH, if the 'Dish can make any CC unit that loyal, I don't see why it wouldn't be an option.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:02 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    One of the few powers that we've seen common to all of the Arkentool is the ability to inspire (demand) loyalty.
    We saw it with Lilith: the A'Pliers can make something once loyal to the A'Dish switch loyalties, completely. We've also seen Decrypted Dwagons being loyal to the A'Pliers, when they were previously loyal to the A'Hammer.

I imagine it'd be even easier to inspire (demand) Loyalty in a unit that has never been connected to a divine instrument before.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:07 am 
    Burley wrote:
    One of the few powers that we've seen common to all of the Arkentool is the ability to inspire (demand) loyalty.
    We saw it with Lilith: the A'Pliers can make something once loyal to the A'Dish switch loyalties, completely. We've also seen Decrypted Dwagons being loyal to the A'Pliers, when they were previously loyal to the A'Hammer.

I imagine it'd be even easier to inspire (demand) Loyalty in a unit that has never been connected to a divine instrument before.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:03 pm 
    Also, I was reading the most recent post (Book 3, Page 331) and I realized: Skyy is using some real-deal Natural Eyemancy on her bat. Like all warlords, she can command units in her stack (maybe hex? We've seen warlords command stack changes). But, because she's a Vampire, she can command her bats from other hexes (we saw Vinnie do it in Book 1). That's Thinkamancy that normal (even CHIEF) Warlords don't have (Ansom had to use a Hat to give orders to Jetstone units).
    Not only can Vampires command from a distance, they can Scry! That's either crazy Lookamancy or (juice free?) Thinkagrams.

So, if we have a female unit with Specials: Flight, Thinkamancy and/or Lookamancy. Other than the blue-glow, that's some Archon-esque stuff.
    And, if the 'Pliers give it's units a red glow, I'm sure the blue glow is only a Charlie-ing away.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Vampires don't scry. Bats have the scout special. Any warlord in the same side as a doombat can see through their eyes

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 am 
    Not callin' you a liar, but can you back that up? I'd love to see the context of how that was used. If they're able to do that, why use hats? Why not just write notes and have their bats look at them? Why use Bunny?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:30 am 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    Doombats typically had a range of twenty hexes or so for scouting, but a Thinkamancer extended that range indefinitely. He kept thirty-six of his personal bats in various interesting locales, including four in and around the Jetstone fight. For the juice cost of a Thinkagram, Bunny could link him to one of their views, just like he was in the area himself.

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:57 pm 
    Thanks, Red.

I feel like there is still something breakable there. Strategic placement of units in the field and, even without a Thinkamancer, you'd have an information relay akin to GK's Dwagon Relay.

I think the subject deserves a separate post, though, as Skyy becoming an Archon is the main subject here. I'm going to ruminate on specials a bit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    I do not believe Charlie wants Skyy as a new Foxer. She is a warlord, not an Archon. Therefore she could issue orders to everybody at Charlescomm except Charlie. That is one of Charlies promises to his Archons, that he would never pop and accept anything in his side except Archons and non-sentinent units. I mean, sure he might have changed his mind but it would piss off all of his Archons.

I think Charlie's main idea is to further weaken TV and get two dangerous units out of the vicinity, by disbanding them shortly after they turned or at least sending them on a guaranteed suicide misson. If anyone ask (whom Charlie thought he might have to give an answer) he would make up a story of how they fell in battle or something. He does not ask for their disbandment because that would increase the chance of TV balking at his demands. And he does not want to off TV yet, because of the diplomatic climate at the moment.

Reselling them is not on option either, not even with a deal of a lifetime as long as decryption rears its ugly head. As soon as Skyy and Vinnie would be part of Charlescomm, they would know about the treasury. That is one of the biggest No-No's Charlie has, other people knowing about his treasury.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:53 am 
    Bandaid wrote:
    That is one of the biggest No-No's Charlie has, other people knowing about his treasury.

You think he's Cookin' the Books? It just occurred to me that Balder leaves a lot of magical possibilities in the air. Not a lot of canonical speculation. But, we know that Carnies are really good at lying about how much money they have.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    Burley wrote:
    Bandaid wrote:
    That is one of the biggest No-No's Charlie has, other people knowing about his treasury.

You think he's Cookin' the Books? It just occurred to me that Balder leaves a lot of magical possibilities in the air. Not a lot of canonical speculation. But, we know that Carnies are really good at lying about how much money they have.

Don't forget that we know CC keeps most of its wealth in gems instead of treasury.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld