Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 am 
Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user got funny with a rodent
Like many others said, get our pledges, Xin's or a real sunset by a beach, your time and all you need for taking care of you both and taking down Linda's evil crab. I have not much to add, although being a cancer researcher myself, many things come in thoughts, but I trust the medical team, your medical team, to do it's best for Linda.
Good mood, family & friends support and a combative spirit also help a lot, and here we are with you Linda, and as a great "family" of what?! 4 ou 5 thousands?! we won't let cancer win!
Rise up, dwagons, spidews, gobwins, marbits, all kind of 'mancers (healomancers most welcome)... and together go fight that treacherous monster (a cancer is a bit like when your cells go Charlie)!
All my hope, my support and my thoughts, really, you're doing a great job!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:24 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Spades Suit Pip
    Fully agree, thank you for taking the initiative to say it.

When you're a bat, you're a bat all the way. From your first starting stat, 'til the turn you decay.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    +1 "Live" for each other. We'll all be happy to see that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    +1
    I'm not sure if a dittomancy tool's opinion will count, but I felt it worth trying anyway.
    As my (somewhat appropriate) permatweet says: "Life before croak"

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    I joined the toolbox and added my pledge today because I wanted to contribute, not to secure the milestone. This is some of the hardest stuff to live with and deal with there is. I want to make dealing with it a tiny bit easier, not harder. I hope my pledge helps - I don't expect anything back from it.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Agreed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Agreed with all that. Don't worry about the milestones. I hope Rob and Linda take the time they need for each other, in whatever form that takes, and that our increased pledges can help them do that, starting now. Other dreams for the site can wait, for years if necessary.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Bah, Humbug!

What are all you goody goodies talking about? Didn't you ever watch Great Expectations? What about Tiny Tim? Wasn't that whole situation horrible? Child Labor Laws didn't exist then. What was Tiny Tim doing moping about at home when he could limp around the coal mines and actually be useful to someone. Such an opportunity lost forever brings a tear to my eye!

And here I understand Linda has kids too. Put em to work I say. Break their legs if you have to get them to concentrate. Heck, they might be able to apply for welfare and head-of-line privileges. They should be grateful!

--

Anyway, I've said before I never considered my pledge to be a for-the-comic thing. So, yea, not worried about the milestones or the on-timeness of the updates. Just make it a per-update thing and don't sweat the small stuff. Deadlines are useful, but they shouldn't ruin the reason you work in the first place.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:07 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    I still think it would be a good thing for Xin to draw a picture of a beautiful sunset for Rob's desk.

Sorry to keep you on the hook like that, Xin. I just feel that strongly about the subject.

Be sure to have Linda in that picture as well.

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:11 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Word.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:10 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    +1

I've been reading since the days on Giantitp and pledged today (sorry for not doing it sooner) so that I can help "Team Erf" in a tiny way to get through this. If there was a way to just pledge unconditionally, I'd be ticking that box too.

Thanks Linda and Rob for being so open with this scary and personal news. Your priorities sound spot on. Hearing your news helps us all to remember to make the most of each day.

Say 'Hi' to Jed for me :) he tugs my strings.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:56 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Erfbeer wrote:

I've been reading since the days on Giantitp and pledged today (sorry for not doing it sooner) so that I can help "Team Erf" in a tiny way to get through this. If there was a way to just pledge unconditionally, I'd be ticking that box too.

Thanks Linda and Rob for being so open with this scary and personal news. Your priorities sound spot on. Hearing your news helps us all to remember to make the most of each day.

Couldn't have put it better myself, so... ditto.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:14 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Spades Suit Pip
    Like, totally.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:33 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip
    Woot! Toolshed just hit $3000 per update. <3 @Team Erf - if any of you see this post, I respectfully request that you consider ring-fencing the $$ from the extra recent pledges since Friday 4/7 ($3000-$2200=$800) for the next 10 updates ($800x10=$8000) to go to the annual maximum out of pocket deductible healthcare costs Rob mentioned in his update note.

It's your business, so y'all have to decide how to run it. I'm positive that some of the new income should eventually go to all the extra work the art team and dev team will have to do to keep Erf living, breathing, and evolving outside of the "LESS" story updates. But STRESS is a terrible thing, and tends to amplify terrible health situations. It would be really nice for Team Balder to not have to worry about the medical expense stress on top of the crappy health situation itself. One month deferred on whatever agreement you have tied to Toolshed income is not much compared to keeping Rob and Linda feeling as loved and unburdened as the situation allows. And (IMO) Rob is too ethical/humble/independent a guy to ask for this himself. :D

(And, BTW, based on the last update "LESS" is still REALLY awesome - there's no noticeable difference in quality, IMO)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Hear, hear to OP.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:39 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    +1

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Zahariel wrote:
    I wasn't a paying subscriber until today. Now I am. I took Rob's invitation to decrease pledges to account for smaller updates, and started pledging, because I want smaller updates. I want Rob to have as much time as he can to take care of Linda, or just to spend with her if it turns out that "taking care of her" is unrealistic. I've lost family members to cancer and other sickness, and every time my one regret was that I didn't have more time to spend with them.

I don't care about toys or postcards or any of that other stuff listed in the milestones. I'd like to continue seeing comic updates at least once in a while, because I think they're something that Rob and Linda can still enjoy doing together. But if that turns out not to be true, then that's just too bad for me and I'll find some other way to support them through this difficult time.

Boop cancer. Seriously.

Echo ALL of the above :!:

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    +1. I'm not the most active person on the site or forums, heck i think this is actually my first post, but I honestly can't express how much this comic and the team that creates it means to me.

Erfworld and its community have gotten me through some of the toughest times in my life. The comic and the fan stories have made me smile and laugh when the rest of the world turned gray and bleak. Waiting for the new page at one point was the only thing that kept me going.

Rob, Linda, Xin and the rest of the Erfworld team have done more for me then they'll ever know and if I can give back and help in some small way at all, then I'm happy to.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:42 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Hearts Suit Pip
    I for one have been reading this wonderful story for several years now and have only just been inspired to Become a tool. My pledge was
    /Is meant to help Rob and Linda help battle their current foe. Cancer sucks and needs to be curb stomped out of existence in no uncertain ways.

I am in no hurry to unlock anything at the moment and my Support is for the main villain they face. I don't expect one extra second of time to be pulled from that battle.

I speak from experience from faimly who fought this devil and failed. Give it no mercy and do what is needed to be done. My support is with you.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 am 
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Nope I don't want the current Milestone 5. Please just focus on your health and what you need to do! I very much agree with the posters above that-

Milestone 5: Linda Gets Better Again

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld