Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 pm 
Mined 4 Erf
Absolutely 100% agreed.

Rob, I WANT you to not touch Milestone 5, I WANT you to drop the time you were going to spend on whatever is left Milestone 4, and I WANT you to spend your time doing what's important. I don't give a boop if you stop doing updates completely.

I lost family to cancer. As is often said, there is almost nobody whose lives haven't been affected by the big C. I'll be buying shmuckers directly to reduce the pressure to update.

Go boop cancer in the boop. Live, laugh, and love.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:53 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    My condolences, but I cannot up my pledge at this time. Maybe when I've gotten settled in at my new place...

But what I can offer is the slightest glimmer of hope: They're doing some AMAZING things with genetic editing nowadays, that makes CRISPR look like a sharp rock tied to a stick.

As I've said it to anti-vaxxers, I'll say it here: If the cure for death involves a snip of lobster or mole-rat DNA, that's fine by me. I'm already 50% bitch.

I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:20 am 
    Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Boop milestone 5.
    Priorities.
    'Nough said.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 am 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Signed, I imagine the consensus is pretty clear by now, still worth tossing my shmuckers on the stack though. Boop cancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:02 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    100% Agree

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I just finished setting up a regular pledge for the toolshed so I can help and I want to support the statement made in this post.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:17 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Agreed completely.

I just rejoined the toolshed after lapsing for a couple of years. (I don't know how long I'll remain a tool, just because I need to be careful with my finances.)

Anyway, I joined because:
    1) Erfworld is a special work of art that has added to my life, and which deserves appreciation, and
    2) Rob & Linda are human beings who deserve support in an awful circumstance.

That's all there is to it--milestones & rewards don't factor in.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:36 am 
    Oxygen is the awfullest, nastiest curse that God could have ever inflicted on living creatures. Its why we age, its why our bodies break down, and although it gives us a vehicle for removing all manner of bad stuff from our bodies, it also is responsible for all of the other human (and nonhuman) frailties of our condition. Turns out all the commercials that say "this twinkie causes cancer" or "red m&m's cause cancer" turn to these inane solutions because the truth is actually "breathing oxygen causes cancer".

Being humans causes cancer.

I have no money to give. I would like to throw out there that I am currently in what I see as a hopeless situation. I have no job, no money, no home, and due to some broken things inside my head, I will probably be going to jail sometime this year... we'll see next month.

But here I am, feeling miserable, thinking that I must have the worst life livable, and here my only outlet is plugging my cracked android to my old ass computer and waiting ten minutes for the slow as hell connection to load Erfworld. Which, I might add, is like the most unfriendly website to my specific internet condition. And what is here? A letter from Rob telling me (us) that his wife, whom I only know through her perky and always happy updates about all things Erf, is... yeah.

Suddenly I feel stupid, selfish and hollow. Realization that my problems are all self inflicted and that I don't actually have -real- problems. I don't have any real moneys, or any means of supporting anyone outside my own microcosm.

I have been completely absorbed in Erfworld since before we moved to this site. However, in my self absorption, it never occurred to me that I should do anything in return. Which is awful, especially considering how many moments of introspection and... what do you call it when a story makes you think about it for days afterwards? Sometimes a story goes through your brain and dumps out the other side never to be thought of again. But Erfworld... I'm constantly thinking about that place. I am so much like Parson, I sometimes wonder if Rob somehow knows the inside me. This story is the first story I've ever read that literally made me wish I was there. I have never daydreamed about actually being in the Star Wars, or in the superhero comics, or whathaveyou. People say they are taken away to places in books, I never had that experience.

But Erfworld.

I have an earnest desire to be summoned. Even if it was for just one turn. To fight a losing battle and be croaked at the end. That would be... the best.

Anyway!

Boop Cancer. Boop aging, boop dying, and boop stupidworld.

I don't even deserve to be able to load the next page, but I'm going to make my own milestones. By the end of the month, I will have an active pledge. By the end of this story, I will have purchased shmuckers. By the end of spring, I will have a proposal for Rob and Linda about an Erfworld turn based strategy game, something that has too long not been a thing. Think of it, run your own side, pop mancers, perhaps a customizable signamancy for the side, etc etc. Special characters pop like heroes in Age of Wonders. I'll have more details later, including actual permission to start working on such a thing, because yeah, I don't. But it is something I could donate, time. Effort. Kind of an organic mining4erf. I think if we put a competent team of erfers together, we could make something pretty neat. All of that profit would naturally go to the team. That's the thought, at least.

By the end of the year, I want to know all you peoples. I'd like to have met most of you, and maybe shaken some hands too. I hope that doesn't sound too much like Bill.

This is all I have to give you. I'm sorry I could not do more.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:54 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    +1

Although the Xin Sunset for Rob is probably still a must!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:37 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I love how well you put this, Inst. There is little else to say except my thoughts and prayers are with Linda and Rob.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:42 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Upped pledge - go team!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:41 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Spades Suit Pip
    Please, Rob & Linda do hold off on milestones.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:55 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Maelfaesh wrote:
    I have no money to give. I would like to throw out there that I am currently in what I see as a hopeless situation. I have no job, no money, no home, and due to some broken things inside my head, I will probably be going to jail sometime this year... we'll see next month.

But here I am, feeling miserable, thinking that I must have the worst life livable, and here my only outlet is plugging my cracked android to my old ass computer and waiting ten minutes for the slow as hell connection to load Erfworld. Which, I might add, is like the most unfriendly website to my specific internet condition. And what is here? A letter from Rob telling me (us) that his wife, whom I only know through her perky and always happy updates about all things Erf, is... yeah.

Suddenly I feel stupid, selfish and hollow. Realization that my problems are all self inflicted and that I don't actually have -real- problems. I don't have any real moneys, or any means of supporting anyone outside my own microcosm.

Hey--good luck with staying out of jail, and your home situation, and everything else. Seriously. I think it's a great thing to gain perspective & realize that others have it worse. That doesn't mean that your problems are irrelevant, though, or that you don't deserve help and compassion. You do.

Anyway, I wish you the best on all your plans (including the Erfworld-related plans). Go for it, setbacks be damned!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:25 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Well, crap on a crap golem.

Doubled my pledge so that Rob gets a picture of a beautiful sunset. The rest of Milestone 5 can come much, much later. Maybe he should just replace Milestone 5 with "Rob celebrates a first wedding anniversary." That'd be enough for me.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:35 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    0beron wrote:
    +1 on this.

Speaking for myself at least, I am no longer pledging "for Erfworld", I'm pledging "for TEAM Erfworld". Rob, and by extension everyone else on the team, you have brought a fantastic world to life, with objectively the best comic of it's type on the internet, bar none. And that sort of thing doesn't come out of an ether, it comes out of incredible people who deserve the very best.

So screw the Milestone bonuses; I'm not pledging for the sake of getting more. I am pledging as my own tiny way of retroactively saying THANK YOU for everything. It's payment for services ALREADY rendered, an act of appreciation for what this team has given us.

Nothing to add to this, so I’ll just quote :).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I don't know what you are all talking about. I think Rob and Linda could really use that beautiful sunset drawing right about now. Why do you want to hold that back? <3

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Honestly, I just pledged. I've been reading Erfworld for years and coasting on the sea of goodwill.

Cancer, however, is one of the most insidious things that can befall a person. No one deserves it, least of all good folk.

Keep us posted if you need things. Let us know how we can help. There is no Side without a good Ruler, but the best Rulers know to ask their Stabbers, and Casters, and Archons for anything.

Get well Linda.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:16 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Hearts Suit Pip
    Correct. Xin, draw Balder a goddamn sunset.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:50 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip
    +1 boop cancer
    +1 upped pledge
    +1 don't spend time on Milestone 5 extras

Love you both. <3 Do what you need to do to make it through, and let us know if you need anything. Maybe Xin can draw a sunrise instead of a sunset.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:41 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip
    +1, OP. Linda comes first and foremost.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld