Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:35 am 
Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
F**k Cancer.
I used to read a lot of webcomics, and over the years I'm down to Sluggy and Erfworld (Following rob since the partiallyclips days).

I hold them near and dear, and they've provided me a lot of entertainment over the years. I'm more than happy to double my pledge, as the amount of work you've both put into this is staggering, to the point that it's become part of your identity.

Y'all do whatever you have to do to be happy, and enjoy. If there's an update I'm happy, and if not, I can perfectly understand why.

Thank you both for so many years of dedication to this silly, wonderful, quirky and *amazing* body of work,

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Rysm wrote:
    Just another person who's been reading for years and never been a member of the Toolbox. I have to say, I've seen other webcomics deal with shitty situations poorly, but you guys have always been incredibly dedicated to your fans and community and have always gone above and beyond. This is one of very few webcomics I still check regularly.

All that being said, is there a way to do a one time donation to Erfworld? I have a habit of forgetting I'm subscribed to things, so my options are either subscribe at a level much lower than I want to, and wait for a long time for that amount to accumulate, or subscribe at a higher level and forget about it until 6 months down the line when I've spent more money than I can afford. I understand, given how you've treated these situations in the past, that you wouldn't want to ask for donations, but given the reaction I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing there was a way for me to do it anyway.

Good luck on that saving throw.

I sent you a private message. Check your inbox. :)

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I wish you a +1 luck bonus to save versus cancer.

On a related note, fuck cancer.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:23 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Rysm wrote:
    Just another person who's been reading for years and never been a member of the Toolbox. I have to say, I've seen other webcomics deal with shitty situations poorly, but you guys have always been incredibly dedicated to your fans and community and have always gone above and beyond. This is one of very few webcomics I still check regularly.

All that being said, is there a way to do a one time donation to Erfworld? I have a habit of forgetting I'm subscribed to things, so my options are either subscribe at a level much lower than I want to, and wait for a long time for that amount to accumulate, or subscribe at a higher level and forget about it until 6 months down the line when I've spent more money than I can afford. I understand, given how you've treated these situations in the past, that you wouldn't want to ask for donations, but given the reaction I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing there was a way for me to do it anyway.

Good luck on that saving throw.

I recommend a low level pledge you are comfortable with ”forgetting”. Predictable, sustained income is more useful than a one-time injection. You’ll also get the benefit of high resolution comic pages, which is a really nice reward :)

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool!
    I’m really not that active on the forums here at all, but as a long-time reader (since like page 8 of book 1 when Erfworld was hosted on GitP) I wanted to just say how much this comic and this site has meant to me. Erfworld updates are one of my favorite parts of the week and have been for a long time.

To Linda and Rob (and really the entire Erf team): thank you so very much for all of your hard work thus far, and all the hard work that’s yet to come to keep this comic one of the very best out there. For right now, though, you take care of yourselves and each other, and go out there and just kick the crap out of Cancer!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:53 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whew lads.
    Good luck.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:40 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Woot! Toolshed just hit $3000 per update. <3 @Team Erf - if any of you see this post, I respectfully request that you consider ring-fencing the $$ from the extra recent pledges since Friday 4/7 ($3000-$2200=$800) for the next 10 updates ($800x10=$8000) to go to the annual maximum out of pocket deductible healthcare costs Rob mentioned in his update note.

It's your business, so y'all have to decide how to run it. I'm positive that some of the new income should eventually go to all the extra work the art team and dev team will have to do to keep Erf living, breathing, and evolving outside of the "LESS" story updates. But STRESS is a terrible thing, and tends to amplify terrible health situations. It would be really nice for Team Balder to not have to worry about the medical expense stress on top of the crappy health situation itself. One month deferred on whatever agreement you have tied to Toolshed income is not much compared to keeping Rob and Linda feeling as loved and unburdened as the situation allows. And (IMO) Rob is too ethical/humble/independent a guy to ask for this himself. :D

(And, BTW, based on the last update "LESS" is still REALLY awesome - there's no noticeable difference in quality, IMO.)

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:45 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    With the latest Text-Update, "less" didn't hurt at all. It was still an enjoyable read ;)

And 3k, I wondered when we'd hit that. That means even with 1 out of 3 updates skipped, you are still at the comfortable 2000$ Level, we just hit a few weeks ago.

3k/Update may incite some stress in making "that one update more on time", but I think it is far more helpful to be able to take a step back without losing that much compared to a few weeks ago.

This is what I was hoping to achieve upping my pledge and I think that is what most people thought who did that and all of those (nearly 500!) that started their pledging just recently.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:52 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf
    Cancer sucks. Contributing my well-wishes to the crowd and just throwing out that Erfworld has become my favorite webcomic and one of my favorite pieces of any form of media. On that note, I want to thank both of you, Rob and Linda. Even if the updates stopped completely right now, reading Erfworld would have still been a great experience. Besides, the most recent update (the one that came out after the news post) was still very good.

Anyway, definitely not decreasing my pledge. I even considered increasing it, but my own finances are a bit too tight at the moment.

My wishes are with you Linda.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:37 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    One more new stabber^H^H^H^H^H^H knight (forgot the levels) here (me).

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I’d like to add my voice to those saying that it’s ok to drop the ”on time” part from the payments. Keep it so that there won’t be more than 2 / week, but the team shouldn’t lose money for being some hours or even days late in posting.

If you need it for psychological reasons that is fine, but I think we supporters would be fine with it being dropped.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:48 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    From the April 12 news post:
    "On the recommendation of our cancer survivor RedGirl (and Linda's sister-in-law the RN, and some random happy-sounding people on YouTube), we just bought a new juicer. This will help get Linda's body the nutrients and energy she's been lacking, due to her loss of weight and appetite."

Do any of these people have anything to share about the efficiency of bottled digestive enzymes?

To add to the general topic, I'm fine with not worrying about the 'on time' portion of the pledge. I imagine it'd be stressful enough not getting paid if there's no update, let alone not getting paid if that update is produced but not on time. That stress was taken on when circumstances were very different.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:23 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I don't have time to read through the 10 pages of posts here tonight, so I'm just going to post this, and if anyone wants to PM me that's fine. Not going to go into my reasoning here, but I chose to show my support by ordering Books 1 & 2 and adding a note rather than subscribing. I was going to wait for Book 3 and then buy all three but with the news thought it better to help now.

Tonight's update made me wonder what the growth in the pledges was. Not because of money, but because I'm a very goal-oriented person. I'd guess others might be curious too. If there was a graph somewhere on the site showing the history of the pledge levels that might be of interest to a number of people, and also might help encourage people to subscribe more than just posting notifications that milestones were unlocked. If there already is something like that, please send me a link, I'm curious about the data.

(If the paragraphs above seem cold because I haven't included condolences and best wishes and stuff like that - I sent them privately.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:51 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Adept wrote:
    I’d like to add my voice to those saying that it’s ok to drop the ”on time” part from the payments. Keep it so that there won’t be more than 2 / week, but the team shouldn’t lose money for being some hours or even days late in posting.

If you need it for psychological reasons that is fine, but I think we supporters would be fine with it being dropped.

Ditto i'd love an optional tickbox for this. I'd i've been happy to have it before this. But now with this situation if the web team can swing it i'm ready to demand it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:23 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I just read your latest site news, Rob... and now MY screen is getting all blurry too!
    All the best wishes!!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Just read the site news for today (4/13) and I realized that I've known 4 people who've gotten cancer. Every one of them is alive and cancer free. Just a pleasant thought about this terrible turn of events that I had and wanted to share.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:46 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Milestone 6: New monitors for everyone. Current models clearly defective.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:05 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    After muttering a few extremely impolite swear words after reading "metastatic cancer" (Words that can do without being repeated on paper) i was rather relieved after reading the rest of the news post. At the "metastatic cancer" part i expected the odds to be akin to getting a good, no strings attached deal out of Charlie but now it sounds a lot more like Parson's defence of Gobwin Knob against the Royal Crown Coalition: A challenge, but entirely winnable.

To Rob and Linda:
    I can only wish you the very best. I'll be throwing a few D20's for good luck for you. (Also, I'll make sure to Carny them into rolling natural 20's before that attempt).

To the Anonymous Chief Warlord, Yshl, RedGirl, the backup bench of expert warlords and the anonymous donor:
    Thanks a bunch for stepping forward to offer advice and assistance. I can throw some extra bucks into the Treasury to assists the side, but i dare say that the addition of a few high level units is a lot more valuable then some shmuckers in the current war.

To the rest of the Erfworld community:
    Thank you. I expected that there would be plenty of supportive messages alongside an increase in the number of tools and the total pledged amount but i didn't expect it would go through the roof the way it did. Seeing this collective effort actually makes me smile every time i think about it.

And before i forget: Scratch that "On Time" clause for updates if it hasn't been already. I staunchly refuse to accept any unbilled or missed updates due to "on time clause" shenanigans.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:30 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Fla_Panther wrote:
    Tonight's update made me wonder what the growth in the pledges was. Not because of money, but because I'm a very goal-oriented person. I'd guess others might be curious too. If there was a graph somewhere on the site showing the history of the pledge levels that might be of interest to a number of people, and also might help encourage people to subscribe more than just posting notifications that milestones were unlocked. If there already is something like that, please send me a link, I'm curious about the data.

I don't have a graph, but considering pledges just recently broke 2K$/update, you can do the math. 2500/ update has been the long-term goal, one were money no longer is an obstacle, but the limited resource is instead time. (Of course the news means that the need for money has increased.)

I am delighted to hear that the medical professionals in the community has stepped up. Knowledge is the crucial tool and the professionals in the field are the ones who has the knowledge.

I must say I am proud to belong to this community.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:03 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month
    So... I've been debating how to address this since last week... as a family member of both cancer survivors and victims, as an ardent fan but one who is in such bad shape financially I can't afford even the minimum Toolshed-ness right now, and simply as a decent human being (which I'm sure some here question the validity of, but that's ok...)

We, the members, fans, and other decent human beings of the Erfworld community, don't give two used figs about updates, on-time or otherwise, so long as Rob and Linda come through this happy, healthy, and more or less whole (we'd like Linda to come out lighter by a few unhappy cellular groups).

So, with Red's earlier announcement, I will go full Phillip J. Fry and say "Shut up and take our money" and take all the time you need - you've given us so much with your world - now go enjoy the time you have with the one who really IS your world.

From all of us who have lost loved ones to cancer, and those who have fought through it to live on - "Don't give up, don't EVER give up" ~Jim Valvano, ESPY awards, 4 March 1993

~Darkstar7613 (Paul R., San Antonio, Texas)

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld