Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:21 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit IRC Quote of the Moment
Welcome to another one of my weird contests to earn some schmuckers (Since I only use these to generate more contests) :p

For those users with itchy fingers on fan fiction come down to this thread and start spraying it with amazing tales of natural allies in hope to win a prize!

:wanda: First prize of 20 Shmuckers;
:charlie: Second prize of 10 Shmuckers;
:stanley: Third prize is Consolation hug award + 1 Shmuck

And here's the rules.

You must create a side in distress against a stronger side in which your side wins thanks to using these Natural allies (you can even name them), you also have access to up to two casters of your choosing except No Dittomancers nor Thinkamancers if you need treasure size you have 250k and 150k in gems.

Visual of the natural allies

You have freedom on stats on these guys, they have innate dittomancy (which they use to duplicate their ponytail into a twintail) and one extra special of your choosing, as a negative they force stack up to max to any male commanders in the hex, so you can't stack anything else with them (think on anime harem.)

Finish date: The competition is open up until March 1st. Have fun!

*Edit: increased the deadline in hopes some people will participate on it.

Math's is in the air! <- date Open until march 1st!

Last edited by Vendanna on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 am 
    I'm preemptively horrified by some of these stories.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Just saw this, changed my signature to promote it. Thanks for hosting another competition!

Can't say I have any ideas right away, and I'm unfamiliar with the source so it may be a while until I do, but at least I saw this one before it ended!

Also, Vendanna has an open contest running for which these can be submissions!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Such tiny noses.... gonna be hard to adapt this.

I guess she looks a little bit like Obelix...
    Spoiler: show
    HighJumper wrote:
    Just saw this, changed my signature to promote it. Thanks for hosting another competition!

Can't say I have any ideas right away, and I'm unfamiliar with the source so it may be a while until I do, but at least I saw this one before it ended!

If you're still unfamiliar with the source then right click on the image then google the string of words that come at the end of the image url.

After finding out the name of the series, when I wikied it I was thinking "Tell me more about this red headed girl". And then wikipedia was like, "Sōji Mitsuka - a gental natured freshman with an obsession with twintails...", and I'm like "No, no no, tell me about the red head girl".

"... one day he meets Twoerle, a mysterious girl from another world..." Yes, yes "with an incredible bust..." DANG IT!, WRONG ONE AGAIN

Freaking useless wiki :) . What kind of show has a chick who isn't one of the lead characters in the picture....

The show's name is "Gonna Be The Twintail", by the way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit IRC Quote of the Moment
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Such tiny noses.... gonna be hard to adapt this.

I guess she looks a little bit like Obelix...
    HighJumper wrote:

If you're still unfamiliar with the source then right click on the image then google the string of words that come at the end of the image url.

After finding out the name of the series, when I wikied it I was thinking "Tell me more about this red headed girl". And then wikipedia was like, "Sōji Mitsuka - a gental natured freshman with an obsession with twintails...", and I'm like "No, no no, tell me about the red head girl".

"... one day he meets Twoerle, a mysterious girl from another world..." Yes, yes "with an incredible bust..." DANG IT!, WRONG ONE AGAIN

Freaking useless wiki :) . What kind of show has a chick who isn't one of the lead characters in the picture....

The show's name is "Gonna Be The Twintail", by the way.

Awesome description, but you don't even need to have seen that show, I just googled generic girl with twintails just so people know how the "twintail hairstyle" looks, since I'm not sure if there is EVER a word on english for it (the most similar I have ever found was pigtails, but those tend to be shorter than these long ones)

if you need any info, you only need to know a bit of how the "harem" trope works on anime and that's just for the "forced stack" on male protagonists (erm commanders), and that these units are capable of using dittomancy. (technically I could go with the most obvious trope of bringing out of nowhere giant hammers to hit pervs male leads, but I decided to just give them something that looks OP on natural allies, aka dittomancy + another special and see what you all can come up with).

if there is any doubts about things for the contest you can ask and I'll try to clear up things for you all. also... Happy new year!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:44 pm 
    Bumping to inform people that wants to participate in the event, that there are just a few days before the competition ends, so don't worry and submitt entries for an easy grab on schmuckers!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 pm 
    Everyone who is staying away because of my preemptive horror, please be aware that, if nobody else writes a story, I will. It won't be very good, and nobody will be happy about it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Djinni Doujinni
     Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:35 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Gave up after penning a description, which diverged a wee bit much to the contest.

(Narration in Spoiler Tag)
    Tales tell of the duojinni, the foxy twin-tailed spirit. Hidden in a relic deep in a ruin in the noman's land of Nomad's Land, far from the borders of sided cities. The duojinni sleep within a two-handled golden lamp with no pouring end... actually functionally it performs more like a grail with handles, but someone has gone to the trouble of filling it with oil and placing a lid on top.

With a rub and a lapdance, that is the lamp on your lap, and an incantation of "Tail on", the doujinni is awakened. Duojinni's being twin-tailed spirits, unlike the fiery djinni whom you have to incantant "Flame on". But who uses a lamp as a light source in this day and age?

Also unlike Djinni, while the Doujinni may have wish-granting powers they lack the means to grant you "3 more wishes". This isn't due to any magic restrictions, they're simply incapable of counting past two. You only get two wishes. Not 3. Djinni's won't give you "3 more wishes" because they're tight-arses, unless it happens to be a Djinni you dreamt of, but I'm getting off topic.

I may have let my imagination get the better of me, leading to a character design for the Natural Allies a bit off to your liking.

edit:Anyways, I've still got 3 days to trash something out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:08 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Well, I did eventually get an idea, and I've developed it into something I want to write, but I simply haven't had time to coagulate the idea into an actual entry, so even though I don't have a submission, I wanted to say thank you for the prompt! I really appreciate you hosting this!

Also, Vendanna has an open contest running for which these can be submissions!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:47 am 
    The main reason I put up the contest was to have something to read, so don't worry if you had a lack of time. I'll probably extend it out to end of february. in hopes to bring a bit more entries to the contest.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:35 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Chiu ChunLing wrote:
    Everyone who is staying away because of my preemptive horror, please be aware that, if nobody else writes a story, I will. It won't be very good, and nobody will be happy about it.

Now I'm horrified. PLEASE, you talented people out there... write something.

Disclaimer. This is not a serious post. Anyone taking offense should rethink their day and whatever else might have triggered a bad mood. I have nothing against Chiu ChunLing or his potential as a brilliant author.

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:38 pm 
    Well, since Vendanna is extending the contest anyway, I'll go ahead and admit I wasn't actually going to post the story I wrote, which is currently just about how Vendanna started a contest and I managed to scare everyone away from it by joking around (now that I think about it, does that even count as "writing a story"?).

I actually love harem manga/anime comedies as long as there is sufficient amusing physical abuse of the guy relative to harem size/context/intensity.

Here's an idea, make the nats ditto their warlord (up to seven times). But the dittos aren't full power, they're basically nothing more than punching bags to damage soak for the stack. Also, the ditto isn't completely separate from the warlord, he controls it's weaksauce but also shares its senses. Send into battle with hilarious traumatizing effects on the warlords.

Feel free to try to actually horrify me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:51 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Erfmover Supporter Diamonds Suit Pip
    If i didn't have to many projects that I wanted to do, I would jump in. Also, I would really want to watch the series to get the signamancy straight.

On a completely unrelated tangent: We need this man as a turnamancer pronto.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Drosselmeyer

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:05 am 
    *Looks at New South Welsh Time*

Fuck!

I thought today was a leap year.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:38 am 
    mastaaa-san, it seems that nobody wanted to oppose us, so we have officially won Erfworld. Our armies are the strongest out there, and nobody could opose the power and the beauty of the twintails.

- You did well, Aki-san *pats head*

+That's not fair! said Akemi seeing the blissful face of aki when master patted her head, I wanted to be patted too.

<Narrator voice> Too bad, their armies were too kawaii and powerful to exist on this world, so on the verge of their triumph, the Titans retconjured (aka patched) them outside the game, for a time when there would be sides that could fight on par with them.

*Contest is officially closed, it seems this one turned into a bust as well, two contests in a row. that doesn't bode well for the fun time. :o

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:01 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Erfmover Supporter Diamonds Suit Pip
    I'll be honest, I had some time to write for this contest. I did not however, have any time to do research on the Source material anime...

Though I probably should still add it to my to watch list.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    I've decided to share the notes I wrote regarding the planing of a story for this contest:
    The side is in dire shape – they are outcast from the magic kingdom, because of the time the ruler ordered their turnamancer to turn a hired caster.
    They were on the brink of victory against the side of Golden Kickers, but somehow the tides have turned, all their conquests have been taken away from them and then some, and now the enemy is approaching the capital.

Parts:
    1. Prologue, introducing the mess.
    2. Introducing the natural allies, and the havoc they bring.
    3. Encounter with the enemy.

A side of rigid thinkers?

Side’s name:

Their units:
    1. Chief caster, a turnamancer → Willy Fortran, an old fashioned, mathamancy inclined gentleman. Convinces the ruler against a battle plan involving a mysterious linkup suggested by Carly.
    2. A caster that used to be a barbarian from the magic kingdom → (Either C??? Reep, a novice findamancer, or a carnymancer with a name that includes Russel, that could make something disappear by putting it inside itself?) a free thinking spirit that likes to improvise. He doesn’t mesh well with the side, and wants them to loosen up. He will convince them to hire the natural allies?
    3. Ruler, Queen →
    4. Chief warlord, Prince → Level 8.
    5. Duchess Patience Chickenblock → Childhood friend of the prince, her quarters are next to his, yearns for the prince forever. Very envious when the allies stack with the chief warlord. Level 7.

The allies:
    Yanderes! Their special is capture, by wrapping around with their ponytail, and with their dittomancy it’s double capture!
    Names for them:
    1. (Based on skull girls) Fillia Jar → Talks about her hair as a separate entity, Purple haired, messy hair, forgetful.
    2. Chidori cantama → Very violent, Blue hair, very sportive, argues a lot for no good reason.
    3. Yuno gassy → Pink hair, has a gas mask, forgets things all the time, stinks. “Even through her gas mask, they could feel her perverted grins”.
    4. Revi age → Red headed, old, curses a lot.
    5. May own → Green haired, loves playing games, very possesive, she says that “if you lose a game, you have to pay a price.”
    6. Hatori Pheonix → Redhead, never says anything.

Side units:

The enemy side specific units:
    1. Dollamancer ???? Wanta → Fearsome, cruel, makes strong dolls out of corpses both of her side and of their enemies,
    2. Dirtamancer Harry Pothole → Loves traps, extremely hairy,
    3. Chief warlord, →
    4. Warlord Parson Gotmeme → (“Oh my titans! His name is an anagram of Pratagotmeme!”)

The enemy side unit types:
    1. Goalie → Good for screening, deflects attack.
    2. Hooligan → Natural rhyme-o-mancy, constantly cheers for their side, infantry.
    3. Kicker → a ranged unit that attacks by kicking an iron ball great distances.

Battle plan →

Small jokes to push during the story

1. The heroes will constantly ignore attempts of thinkamancy communications by Carly, as she is not to be trusted (“It’s not like she’ll help, she only cares about herself!”) (“Carly offered to help us set a link-up, pah, like that would help.”).

And a bit of actual story text:
    Standing around the battle table were all the important commanders of the side. They looked aghast at the situation. Mere ten turns ago they were on the brink of victory, but then it all went to hellabad.
    None of them knew why, really; the Goldens were not usually known for good strategy, but they managed to turn the tide. Now, after losing their conquests and then some, and seeing the enemy approach the capital, the side of NotStone hoped to do the same.

The duchess twitched uncomfrotablly. Even through the natural ally’s gas mask, she could feel Yuno Gassy perverted grins, directed towards the prince. He didn’t seem to mind it as much.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I'm not sure why, but the name of the contest never really got me to click on the link.

I did now. Darn.

Which branch of magic would be the equivalent of a superhero with hair power? You know telekinesis, grabbing, whip attacks, etc.

I did, about two days ago, find this wonderful background on the subject matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FmtiDbg4xY

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    The idea is nice but I didn't have time to write. Besides that, I didn't finish my fanfics yet and I don't think starting a new one would help with that. :D

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:36 pm 
    keybounce wrote:
    Which branch of magic would be the equivalent of a superhero with hair power? You know telekinesis, grabbing, whip attacks, etc.

let's see, from most media. hair controlling is usually a female power. Now, about whose branchs could do a trick like that? its mostly how creative you can be, with some.

For example, Hat-a-mancy could "pull it off" if the "hair" is just a wig they can control.

The best bet (and probably cheaper juice expenditure) is dollamancy, since hair its just a "string" from them to touch upon.

Flower power could probably do something like that with a "medusa" composed hairstyle with snakes, but that probably requires a bit more fine tune.

Weirdos have also a good bet on doing that, since they play with "specials" and that would just be adding the "capture" special to an unit it doesn't have it. (but you know, since its weird, it wouldn't probably look natural)

Telekinesis is probably a link up of thinkamancy-something. since you are basically giving "motion" to something that previously didn't had it.

youngstormlord wrote:
    The idea is nice but I didn't have time to write. Besides that, I didn't finish my fanfics yet and I don't think starting a new one would help with that. :D

Well, but writing this (which only requires one part) would give you shmuckers. even if contest is done. :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld