Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Fabrication with Life
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
So Ace Hardware said that Dollamancy was fabrication with the Motion element, right? An several people have speculated that either Dirtamancy or Changemancy are fabrication with the Matter element. So my question is, what would fabrication with the Life element be in your opinion?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    The three Life-only disciplines are Findamancy, Predictamancy, and Mathamancy. If the GMs are right about Predictamancer dictums, those may be the only pure Life golems.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:37 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    I was thinking more item creation. Like, what would a pure life magic fabricator produce? I imagine the bracer might count, but what would say life magic boots be like? I can conceive of matter boots giving a terrain bonus, or flaming kicks. And motion boots have spring action knives or rockets for flying in them. But what would life magic footwear be like?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Shai hulud wrote:
    I was thinking more item creation. Like, what would a pure life magic fabricator produce?

Sounds a lot like the farming the Hippiemancers do, doesn't it? Flower Power producing items (food) which reduce upkeep could be Life-Fabrication. Or items (drugs) that produce poisoning or confusion effects and so on.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Shai hulud wrote:
    So Ace Hardware said that Dollamancy was fabrication with the Motion element, right? An several people have speculated that either Dirtamancy or Changemancy are fabrication with the Matter element. So my question is, what would fabrication with the Life element be in your opinion?
    I know what you're aiming for, but I don't think it exists, or not exactly.

Life itself is the Life fabrication, and only Erfworld can perform the magic, or at least so far. IPTSF 001

It is what Maxwell tried to do with the Tinman, Lion, and Scarecrow, however, and it's what Isaac is hoping that Wanda can do for him.

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:26 am 
    If it's alive, it isn't a golem.

That's kinda a crucial distinction. My guess is that Predictamancers and possibly the other Hocus Pocus disciplines can influence units popping, but the result isn't a golem.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:55 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I fanon that Life really means information. (This fits Hocus Pocus and Eyemancy very well, much better than my intuition of life does. Eye' involves getting, sending, or obscuring information over distance, hence the Motion. Hat Magic can transmit messages; Carny' can con people; dance-fighting transmits a beat that units can dance to, which is to say, instructions. Flower' can cause flaking, comparable to conning; Sign' is about reading visual data; and Date' is heavy on emotions.)

So I'd expect an item that acquires or processes info without either a) scanning or affecting anything or anyone material (which would make it Hippie') or b) scanning or affecting anything at a distance (which would make it Eye'). The bracer is one; a Magic 8-ball (basic Predictions) and a Zelda-type compass (scan this hex for items) would be analogues. A Notice-me-not cloak could work (it's not Fool' and doesn't counter Look'; a seeker can tell you're in the hex, they just can't find your exact location). An amulet of insight, maybe.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm 
    I was thinking also duds that are "tuned" to fate, the way Ace mentioned in his discussion about items affecting your Signamancy. Like a mask that is the fantasy equivalent of a super hero mask. Or the weapon that only the chosen one can wield. Or the pendant that summons the magic armor in the show Escaflowne.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld