Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Re: Destructive Foraging
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
Jaxad0127 wrote:
Anomynous 167 wrote:
Natural Allies do have warlords, remember, and Warlords can have purses.

The quote earlier seems to say otherwise, that is no purses for tribes.

Tribes just don't have treasuries but they still can have purses. Each purse is on each commanding unit
Jaxad0127 wrote:
Anomynous 167 wrote:
Natural Allies do have warlords, remember, and Warlords can have purses.

Even ignoring Book 1's glossary on Hobgobwins we can see two examples of Woodsy Elves with leadership:
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%201/63 We see an Elf ordering his subordinates to assault, later on in that same page he croaks. As soon as he croaks his underlings look at each other then auto-attack

The next page a Woodsy Elf named Tarfu mentions that he plans on leading a maxed stack to take on Dwagons. Ansom over-rides him.

Thinking about this more, that seems to only say that natural allies have commanders, not necessarily warlords. Even casters are commanders, remember.

Semantics aside that doesn't necessarily negate my point that natural allies can have purses. Since all commanders have purses.
All we can infer from page 64 and 65 is that Ansom has a higher Leadership stat than Tarfu.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:52 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    Yeah, I forgot that all commanders have purses. I still think that natural allies don't have purses at all and their leadership works more like Chiu ChunLing said.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:12 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    OK, now no longer ignoring Book 1's glossary, it explicitly states that Hobgobwins can be promoted to Warlord.

edit: So yes, while it doesn't explicitly state that all natural allies can become warlords, there is a precedent...

Actually, that makes me think for a moment that the realm Saline IV ruled over was not called "Gobwin Knob" at all, and that was simply the name the Hobgobwins gave the city when they rebelled.
    Stanley wasn't the type of person to impose a livery on his subjects, so he didn't bother to rename the city when he reconquered it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Actually, that makes me think for a moment that the realm Saline IV ruled over was not called "Gobwin Knob" at all, and that was simply the name the Hobgobwins gave the city when they rebelled.
    Stanley wasn't the type of person to impose a livery on his subjects, so he didn't bother to rename the city when he reconquered it.

I seriously doubt that. The wiki states that Gobwin Knob as name is shared between the side and the city and King Saline IV is listed as former ruler of Gobwin Knob.

Also Natural Allies cannot take cities and form sides, therefore I highly doubt that they could rename cities even if they wanted to do so.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld