Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:05 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
It can be simplified into you cant see another units stats (including discipline) unless you are sided with them. Charlie would've gotten enough flak as it was for being a caster overlord much less a carny overlord, so he probably just didn't tell anyone.

With the minds thinking and or knowing that Maxwell helped Charlie attune, but not knowing Charlie is a carny, there isn't a need for carnymancy to be involved in the process.

It is a thinkamancy item (the best), so a (baddie) thinkamancer shared thinkamancy principals with a non thinkamancer (what they think at least). That basic stuff would've fulfilled the prereq, as the minds thought of it, for attuning.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:02 pm 
    I pretty much agree that there is no reason a Carny overlord (and probably a sided caster with a solid income for a good few hundred turns before that) would ever have to reveal his discipline to the MK. I also think that Carnies would be inclined to hide their discipline just by virtue of being Carnies, even absent the terrible reputation they have in the MK and with most sides.

But I'm sure that the GMTTA don't think attunement to the 'dish is simply a matter of knowing some of the basic principles of Thinkamancy. My guess is that Max would have had to do something pretty brilliant and unconventional, but the GMTTA don't know what it was or even for sure that he did it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:10 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    conmor wrote:
    It can be simplified into you cant see another units stats (including discipline) unless you are sided with them. Charlie would've gotten enough flak as it was for being a caster overlord much less a carny overlord, so he probably just didn't tell anyone.

We now this to be false. In the magic kingdom Janis refers to Sizemore's Chief Warlord bonus Quote 'But she could see: He had no Chief Warlord bonus' and '"Thats low," she said of his new Chief Warlord bonus. "Is it him?' End quote.

We only know how Parson sees units through his glasses, we do not know what information is shown in what way to commanders (For example different modes of view: Base Stats, End Stats with bonuses included, only bonuses. Might be useful in different circumstances.).

We do know that casters in the magic kingdom do not know other casters discipline just by looking at them. Wanda notes that some casters refused to talk to her once they learned of her discipline, meaning they did not know it beforehand. Educated guesses by Signamancy are of course possible.

As for the minds not knowing for sure if Charlie is a Carnymancer:
    It looks like they did not witness the act of atuning itself. Once they came to the conclusion that Max helped Charlie atune they probably suspected Carnymancy was involved, but they could not be sure of the source, scrolls come to mind for example. Also even assuming Charlie himself used Carnymancy does not prove that he is a Carnymancer as in popped as a Carnymancer.

Casters can learn other magic disciplines. On average it seems to be easier to learn magic in your class, therefore Hat magician or Rhyme-o-mancer were plausible. Some casters can cast outside their class, so Signamancer would have been also a possibility given Charlies aptitude for contracts. A few casters even manage to cast outside class and axis, therefore Charlie could have been popped as any sort of caster with the exception of Retconjurer.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Also, keep in mind that this was a guy who apparently didn't make that many public in-person appearances. He had a "Great And Powerful Oz" head to speak through, and presumably didn't encourage looking for the man behind the curtain.

I wonder if that habit came from fighting a prolonged war against an attuned Arkendish wielder, actually. Maybe he spent a lot of time holed up in some Think-proof control room.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Bandaid wrote:
    We do know that casters in the magic kingdom do not know other casters discipline just by looking at them. Wanda notes that some casters refused to talk to her once they learned of her discipline, meaning they did not know it beforehand. Educated guesses by Signamancy are of course possible.

We actually know that not being able to see a Caster's discipline extends a little further than just units from any random side not being able to tell - when Wanda popped, her brother (and Chief Warlord!) couldn't even tell what her discipline was.

They also later had a discussion between themselves on whether Delphie could be a Carnymancer pretending to be a Predictamancer, and if they'd be able to tell if so. They concluded that for all they knew, she could be!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:07 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Bandaid wrote:
    We now this to be false. In the magic kingdom Janis refers to Sizemore's Chief Warlord bonus Quote 'But she could see: He had no Chief Warlord bonus' and '"Thats low," she said of his new Chief Warlord bonus. "Is it him?' End quote.

She's a master class Date-a-mancer, it could be because of that.

Bandaid wrote:
    As for the minds not knowing for sure if Charlie is a Carnymancer:
    It looks like they did not witness the act of atuning itself. Once they came to the conclusion that Max helped Charlie atune they probably suspected Carnymancy was involved, but they could not be sure of the source, scrolls come to mind for example. Also even assuming Charlie himself used Carnymancy does not prove that he is a Carnymancer as in popped as a Carnymancer.

I think they are arrogant enough to believe that only thinkamancy is enough. Also, probably none of them never even touched an arkentool, so they might have a lot of false perceptions regarding how they work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:17 pm 
    Hungirly awaits wrote:
    Bandaid wrote:

She's a master class Date-a-mancer, it could be because of that.
    It's because CWL bonus affects attack (and maybe defense, but we only have extensive description for the attack bonus). She's a commander, she can see his attack stat, she saw his stat go down to no bonus (which she knows is his base attack because they're friends), and then she saw it go back up by 1.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld