Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:48 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail This user is a Tool!
So besides Shmuckers to Gems, what do folks think is capable in the Moneymancers' Repertoire?

I can see maybe a bonus to some sort of 'Bargaining' skill if/when trading resources between Factions (Faction A needs Lumber and buys it from Faction B for 100 Shmuckers a Lumber Unit. With a Moneymancer, maybe they can bargain it down to 70 Shmuckers/Unit? Though I can see this more as a Special than Moneymancy.).

Thoughts?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:39 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    Benjamin seemed to have a sense of other sides' treasuries - his guess of GK's wealth was pretty accurate before the contract shenanigans.

I imagine they can also look at a group of units and size up what they're "worth", either in upkeep or trading value.

Maybe they can also sense the presence of gems or particularly pure ores that can be directly cashed in for Shmuckers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Juice to smucker.
    Smucker to juice.
    Check for the smallest bribe a unit will accept.
    HUGE purse.

There's also the wall-street, where you can find almost anything if you have a moneymancer or a lot of shmuckers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:37 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    Erikulum wrote:
    Check for the smallest bribe a unit will accept.

That seems to be more like Carnymancy - Charlie sent Jojo out to come up with a bounty that would turn Benjamin's head.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:44 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail This user is a Tool!
    Erikulum wrote:
    Juice to smucker.

So, like, nearly 'Shmuckers from thin air?'

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:53 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Make money grow on trees? Make it rain? Make some serious ice via frozen accounts? Manipulate Purse-strings? Manipulate time?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 am 
    Manipulate Time? How so? Wouldn't that be more Turnomancy? And I get what you mean by 'make it rain' in context, but do you mean physically rain? Like, changing the weather of a Hex?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Arzie wrote:
    Erikulum wrote:
    Juice to smucker.

Not quite, we know smucker is spend at dawn to restore unit via natural turnamancy. I'd expect a similar ratio. So a Moneymancer could repay part of its upkeep. For balance issue I'd imagine turning Shmuckers to juice would have diminishing return.

Arzie wrote:
    Manipulate Time? How so? Wouldn't that be more Turnomancy? And I get what you mean by 'make it rain' in context, but do you mean physically rain? Like, changing the weather of a Hex?

I guess there's not many use for the spell in a turn based world, but time is money. I'd bet Benjamin could use it. Transylvitian surely have a bonus when fighting at night.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:01 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st This user is a Tool!
    Arzie wrote:
    Erikulum wrote:
    Juice to smucker.

We've been shown that "overseeing" a city can increase its production. Merely patrolling Gobwin Knob, as I recall, was enough to cause the various automagical production facilities within the city to work more efficiently without ever interacting with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moneymancers exerted a similar effect on whatever profit-generating "production" a side reaps from its owned cities, or if they could spend Juice to do something similar. It's been a while since my last reread, though, so it's hard to cite much in the way of specific points.

It's not an uncommon 4x wargame concept for that to be the case, though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:28 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    For as many pages as Benjamin's been in, Moneymancy still seems underwhelming compared to what we've seen from other disciplines. Maybe Benny's still holding some secrets in reserve, but it seems more like Moneymancy just doesn't do very much in an active combat situation.

We need something big from Benjamin. Maybe a Signy-Money hookup that freezes the assets in a side's treasury for a turn, not letting them spend anything except upkeep. Something with some actual impact in the world.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:21 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Summon clams, make dough, grow some lettuce.

In all seriousness though, I've actually wondered in my head about having multiple treasuries in a single capital, allowing the chief warlord and the chief caster to have separate accounts. This would be useful as a way to limit spending, and when combined with different liveries, would allow for something akin to guilds or corporations.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:42 am 
    I don't know. . . Moneymancy is making me feel that Moneymancers drew the short stick from the Caster Pool. I'd be really interested in seeing what they can do sans Link, but so far it looks like other Casters have far more of a edge in practical Casting than Moneymancers; even speculatively speaking.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:30 am 
    Arzie wrote:
    So besides Shmuckers to Gems, what do folks think is capable in the Moneymancers' Repertoire?

I can see maybe a bonus to some sort of 'Bargaining' skill if/when trading resources between Factions (Faction A needs Lumber and buys it from Faction B for 100 Shmuckers a Lumber Unit. With a Moneymancer, maybe they can bargain it down to 70 Shmuckers/Unit? Though I can see this more as a Special than Moneymancy.).

Thoughts?

Bargaining seems like something that would fall under Carniemancy or Signamancy (Lawyers)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:01 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    If i were to take a guess?
    Boost a sides treasury with the modern day miracle known as compound interest.
    A side with a good moneymancer and a ruler who knows not to touch the nest egg could find itself able to sustain itself a much larger army than usual or possibly even able to sustain a bubble kingdom if they're patient enough to build up that starting fund.

Of course this would make a moneymancy dependent side a very tempting target for any side that finds themselves strapped for cash and knows those guys just over there have been skimping on their armies in order to save up some schmuckers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld