Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:02 am 
User avatar
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Offline
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm
Posts: 242
Well, I guess you're right then, StormLord. I'm glad you were able to pick me apart, piece by piece. Thanks for totally owning me, bro.

  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:47 pm 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 am
    Posts: 663
    Burley wrote:
    Well, I guess you're right then, StormLord. I'm glad you were able to pick me apart, piece by piece. Thanks for totally owning me, bro.


    You're welcome. Have a shmucker. :)

    _________________
    Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
    Hint:
    Spoiler: show
    It's my fanfiction. :)


    My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:22 pm 
    User avatar
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 pm
    Posts: 262
    Burley wrote:
    youngstormlord wrote:


    I think this is a really disingenuous sentiment, Youngstormlord.

    Look, I support Rob and the whole Erfworld team. I don't know what all is going on in their life (and it's not my right to know), other than the pretty public stuff about Linda's cancer.

    And, while the comic may be free, there is a ton of premium content behind a paywall, and I think that's where a lot of frustration is coming from. I personally am not in a place financially where I can drop even a few bucks a month, but I was doing it for a while at a higher tier (and I'm still sitting on the shmuckers because I'd feel guilty order fifteen stuffed dwagons on store credit).

    I've paid into the Toolbox, I worked on the ErfRPG project (not as much as Toma02, obviously) and I spent months passionately working on a project with/for Rob that never materialized fully, which was an emotional punch in the gut.

    I support Team Erfworld's right to privacy, and I think, to an extent, I support some censoring of toxic posts on this forum, because it's privately owned, so, that's their right.
    I don't support, though, the argument that people are complaining about a free comic, because it's not free. A lot of people have invested into the comic, into Team Erfworld, and into the forum community. It's scary to think that all of that investment may turn into a fart in the breeze.


    What ton of content do you think is out there? I've been a tool for a couple years and there's only been a few art blog posts. Also there is no such concept as free speech on a private website. Free speech only applies to the government of the United States of America.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:35 am 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm
    Posts: 242
    So, I didn't say "free speech" at all in that post. I referenced free speech as a reaction to StormLord saying that people who don't pay in shouldn't have as much of a voice.

    It doesn't even matter, anyway. I gave up the argument, because it's not worth arguing. So, pile it on, baby. If this is the last thing to do on the forum, then keep it coming.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:00 am 
    User avatar
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 pm
    Posts: 262
    Burley wrote:
    So, I didn't say "free speech" at all in that post. I referenced free speech as a reaction to StormLord saying that people who don't pay in shouldn't have as much of a voice.

    It doesn't even matter, anyway. I gave up the argument, because it's not worth arguing. So, pile it on, baby. If this is the last thing to do on the forum, then keep it coming.


    I don't want to pile on. I hope you have a good day and I think we can both agree we hope that Erfworld continues.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:49 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm
    Posts: 145
    Skull the troll wrote:
    Also there is no such concept as free speech on a private website. Free speech only applies to the government of the United States of America.


    Well, there is kind of a concept of free speech on private websites. An idea being enshrined as a right in the US constitution doesn't erase the idea of it for non government actors, just limits legal protection.

    You know this, I am guessing.

  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:38 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am
    Posts: 17
    Red wrote:
    Burley wrote:
    Again, I'm not throwing shade at Red for banning the guy, or at Team Erfworld for anything they do. It's their website and they can do what they want.


    Incidentally, Tsjoff was not banned. As far as I can tell he'd included a message about being banned in his own post as some sort of joke. Which is exactly the sort of shit stirring that should earn a ban.

    Instead I've merely edited his post to remove the comment. Everyone should know better than to impersonate moderator/staff activity, but consider this an official warning.


    Oh, so you "merely" edited my post. Your censorship is showing. I was critical, perhaps even harsh, but not in any way rude. "Shit stirring"? Give me a break.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:58 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am
    Posts: 17
    youngstormlord wrote:
    Burley wrote:
    youngstormlord wrote:




    On the other hand, you have Tsjoff. Is he a fan of Erfworld? Definitively. But he is pretty much a passive fan, if I can use that term. He is here longer than me. But he has many times less forum posts. He has no submissions. He is not mining for Erf.
    He was never a Tool. He never took part in a kickstarter.


    Oh really? And how do you know this?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:35 am 
    User avatar
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 pm
    Posts: 262
    We can see you have no badges. If you had done any of those things, you would have the badge. Also, you should be grateful he only edited the comment out of your post. As he said impersonating an Admin (or speaking as though one did something they didn't) is a no-no on pretty much any forum. The reason you're getting so much pushback here is you're getting nasty about the lack of content, but you're doing absolutely nothing to help the situation. The comic costs money to publish. There's a team of people that need to eat and pay rent and everything. Put your money where your mouth is, or be patient and wait for the comic to come because other people made it happen. The complaining is uncalled for.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:43 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:53 am
    Posts: 658
    Tsjoff wrote:

    Oh, so you "merely" edited my post. Your censorship is showing. I was critical, perhaps even harsh, but not in any way rude. "Shit stirring"? Give me a break.


    Thats like, your opinion. You made it look like you where banned in your post. Its like you want to be banned at this point. "Hey look, the evil censorship has struck again."

    As for your contribution to Erfworld, you did not mine or you would have the badge. As for being a tool, its possible that you where once. Or you could have supported a kickstarter. If so, thank you for being a positive influence on Erfworld. Though right now, you are turning into a negative influence.

    _________________
    my very own Self Insert Fan Fiction
    Yet Another Self Insert Fan Fiction
    The Fan fiction which made mine possible by TomaO2:
    The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:47 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:04 pm
    Posts: 52
    So, I have heard a rumor that the super bad thing that jeopardizes Erfworld is related to a lawsuit from a former illustrator who is entitled to some funds from Rob, or else all their work must be removed from site.

    Please someone tell me that's not true, and it hasn't gotten to that point, and that it's just a vicious rumor by evil ill-wishing trolls.

    Surely Rob paid all his staff fairly and in full?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:26 pm 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:12 pm
    Posts: 436
    KonradKnox wrote:
    So, I have heard a rumor that the super bad thing that jeopardizes Erfworld is related to a lawsuit from a former illustrator who is entitled to some funds from Rob, or else all their work must be removed from site.

    Please someone tell me that's not true, and it hasn't gotten to that point, and that it's just a vicious rumor by evil ill-wishing trolls.

    Surely Rob paid all his staff fairly and in full?


    I know you're not a Tool and can't check the "Long Version" post about the hiatus that was posted to the Toolbox. And I don't feel like I should be sharing something meant for Tools more widely.

    However, suffice it to say that after re-reading that post, even though the more detailed description of "Horrible Thing II" only describes what that problem is in the vaguest detail, I still can't see any interpretation of the text posted that would support that theory.

    Just, the words and phrases used would only be used to describe a tragedy centred around someone else, rather than a dispute with someone else. Which is about the most I can say to reassure you without feeling like I'm breaking someone's trust.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:15 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am
    Posts: 17
    Skull the Troll wrote:
    We can see you have no badges. If you had done any of those things, you would have the badge. Also, you should be grateful he only edited the comment out of your post. As he said impersonating an Admin (or speaking as though one did something they didn't) is a no-no on pretty much any forum. The reason you're getting so much pushback here is you're getting nasty about the lack of content, but you're doing absolutely nothing to help the situation. The comic costs money to publish. There's a team of people that need to eat and pay rent and everything. Put your money where your mouth is, or be patient and wait for the comic to come because other people made it happen. The complaining is uncalled for.


    Hate to break it to you, but normal people don`t care about your stupid forum badges.

    Bandaid wrote:
    Thats like, your opinion. You made it look like you where banned in your post. Its like you want to be banned at this point. "Hey look, the evil censorship has struck again."

    As for your contribution to Erfworld, you did not mine or you would have the badge. As for being a tool, its possible that you where once. Or you could have supported a kickstarter. If so, thank you for being a positive influence on Erfworld. Though right now, you are turning into a negative influence.


    I made it looked like I was banned? Lol. How? And again with the badges, who cares? I have paid alot for Erfworld, and I want to continue to do so. But not for badges and plushies and miniatures and whatever else. That extra stuff is fine, but it seems to have taken the front seat. I don't like that, and thats why I am writing this.

    Ultimately its futile though. I just hope someone sensible reads this before you edit my post into oblivion.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:31 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am
    Posts: 17
    youngstormlord wrote:
    Burley wrote:
    So, free speech doesn't belong to the people to whom this is a free comic?


    Actually, free speech is greatly misunderstood. People are free to say and write whatever they want. Other people are free not to listen to them. And other people are also free to reply or to judge the truthfulness and importance of those words and reach their own conclusions. Some people even reach the conclusions about people doing the speech and sometimes act on those conclusions. Like concluding that they don't want to associate with people speaking and firing them or blocking them, e.g. somebody might lose their job if they post racist shit on twitter.


    Burley wrote:
    What if I were the one who had said what Tsjoff had said? Is my opinion more valid, even if it's the same opinion, simply because I have a decrypted Orly, or because I bought the cards?

    Then that opinion will have much more weight behind it. Because you put your money (and effort) where your mouth is and were ready to risk it. As for more valid... Not necessarily. But I will take the opinion about climbing Everest as more valid if it comes from somebody who climbed that mountain than from somebody who just read Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay's biography. Now, where it gets tricky is when people think that putting more money allows them to have "more votes" as in "vote with your wallet"... Doesn't work that way. There is difference between doing research, investing money and just passively enjoying something, IMO. But putting more money doesn't give you more privileges than putting more research. TsJoff didn't do either.

    Quote:
    Disregarding people's opinions to favor those who have paid money is, like... Well, I'm not going to go throwing around problematic labels and accusations.

    Or effort.

    Oh, and I am not disregarding it completely. I am judging it. I listen to the wind and thinking what should I do about it. And my conclusion was "Do nothing, he is not worth listening to. He is speaking from fear and pain but his opinion is quite unfounded."



    Quote:
    If this is a community where only people who pay money are respected, this is not the community I thought it was.

    Now, who is judgemental here? :D You just judged the whole community by opinion of one little guy (me). I didn't know I have that power.


    Quote:
    Again, I'm not throwing shade at Red for banning the guy, or at Team Erfworld for anything they do. It's their website and they can do what they want.
    I am throwing a bit of shade at people who find it humorous when a community member is ejected from the community, and reconcile it by saying "He wasn't as good as the rest us."

    Except:
    1) he wasn't ejected from the community
    2) He was starting shit. He made others feel uncomfortable and he wasn't giving much constructive criticism.
    3) he was speaking from ignorance and refused all tries to being taught and rid of that ignorance.


    Sorry for quoting this pile of drivel, because I missed it. Who exactly did I "make feel uncomfortable"?

    Oh heavens, we can't have anyone feel uncomfortable on the internet.

    Please direct me to where I said anything remotely obscene. Oh who am I kidding, you will just use your Mod powers to insert your narrative anyway.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:35 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am
    Posts: 17
    But I like you, Burley. You can stay.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:26 pm 
    User avatar
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 1:08 am
    Posts: 276
    Okay, I think this thread and Tsjoff have both run their course. Locked and banned.

    _________________
    Red the Codemancer
    Team Erfworld

    Full Avatar by Xin Ye

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: