Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:42 pm 
Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
Is there a time delay for this to show up in our profiles?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    modernpromethius wrote:
    Is there a time delay for this to show up in our profiles?

It depends. Normally you go here to make your spins. You can reach that by going to "Mine4Erf" on your profile page.

That said, there is a delay to see spins. It depends on which coin you are mining. Etherium will give you spins 5 minutes past the hour for every hour you produced at least one share. Ubiq will give you spins 5 minutes past the hour for every two hours you produce spins. And Feathercoin will give you spins 5 minutes past the hour for every four hours you produce spins.

You could potentially get spins 5 minutes past the next hour even on feather coin if you produced shares and if the end of the next four hour cycle is also the end of the next hour. It all depends.

Rule of thumb? Give it at least 4 hours and 5 minutes before assuming something is wrong. If you know what coin you are on you can adjust how long you wait.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 am 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    It looks like there's been a fault in the Ubiq secondary mining in the new 0.5 miner which caused it to not include the user it was mining for properly, so if you've been using that, it could explain why your spins weren't being recorded.

If you quit and relaunch the miner, it should automatically update to 0.5.2 which has a fix for this- a way you can check is that the "Received new job" lines should have your user ID at the end of their URL when you're mining with the secondary miner, but on the buggy version it just has a /0 at the end.

Terribly sorry about this.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Ah, I ran it for like 4.5 hours yesterday and could not figure out why nothing was showing up on my profile. Off to a good start...

Might be nice to have the spins located on a different page than the "what is mining" page so you can actually tell if something isn't working. It's sort of an endless loop with no way to find the spins or accumulated progress until you've already made progress, so you can't easily tell that there's a problem.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf