Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 170
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:01 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 170
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Awesome update :D

Seems like getting drunk and getting therapy from Jed is becoming the thing to do. I imagine that Jack, Maggie, Parson, and Wanda will all need some form of help after their ordeals, too.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool!
    I love this page. Just gonna say that.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:06 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Maybe they can make another such tower to communicate with?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:06 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Poor Bonnie. Hope Jed can help her with this culture shock she's going through.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:07 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Beeskee wrote:
    Seems like getting drunk and getting therapy from Jed is becoming the thing to do. I imagine that Jack, Maggie, Parson, and Wanda will all need some form of help after their ordeals, too.

Will they ever be back?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:08 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whispri wrote:
    Will they ever be back?

I really hope so.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Jed knows that all problems can be solved with alcohol and hot tubs.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool!
    That was rather adorable. Well done.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Glad there's at least one not blindly loyal to the pliers. Wonder if it has anything to do with how quickly Wanda lost them after decrypting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:09 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Poor Bonnie :cry:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:11 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I love the idea that Jed as a function of being the Tower of the Capital makes attempts to buff or restore Duty and Loyalty. We saw it with Stanley, he was pretty unsure of himself after the battle of spacerock, he hid it pretty well. Jed of course provides drinks and a nice chat, and now Stanely is super happy. I hope Bonnie gets the same, or more interestingly, we see Jed reveal something she might like, possibly the ability to pop Archons or something. That would be pretty wild.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:11 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    I like Jed. Let's make more of him so he isn't lonely anymore. I'm sure that won't backfire in way. Nope. Not at all.

Honestly, though, I can see why people see Jed as a huge potential security risk, but he seems pretty on the up and up. He is helping people in the end. Maybe his motivation is just to keep them competent enough to protect him from harm, but I'm not even sure if him using people like that would count as him breaking any set of mundane morals. The Tower would most likely have some kind Blue and Orange Morality.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:14 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    I like Jed. Let's make more of him so he isn't lonely anymore. I'm sure that won't backfire in way. Nope. Not at all.

Honestly, though, I can see why people see Jed as a huge potential security risk, but he seems pretty on the up and up. He is helping people in the end. Maybe his motivation is just to keep them competent enough to protect him from harm, but I'm not even sure if him using people like that would count as him breaking any set of mundane morals. The Tower would most likely have some kind Blue and Orange Morality.

Hm, I think as a Tower, Jed's morality is no more different than that of the average Erfworlder, who has pretty skewed morality by our sensibilities anyway. Remember, most Erfworlders have no problems with torture as a form of natural Turnamancy, just another part of their world.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:18 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    Huh.

Archon uniforms/raiment don't glow, it's the Archon's themselves that do that. Interesting.

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Desiring competence suggests she'd really dig Parson.

I think she'd feel comfortable taking Parson's orders, considering Parson and Charlie think similarly and their plans look similarly crazy until they bear amazing fruit.

I'm hoping they can "awaken" another tower, but not having access to the Great Minds means difficulty unravelling the link.

Not to mention that the casters are scattered.

-Lym

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

ardee wrote:
    Glad there's at least one not blindly loyal to the pliers. Wonder if it has anything to do with how quickly Wanda lost them after decrypting.

Well, Ossomer was also not blindly loyal.

As far as I can tell, the pliers work by realigning the unit's ideals (maybe they use turnamancy?). For example, Ansom was obsessed with fighting for a cause. When he was popped, that cause was Royalism, but when he was re-popped, the pliers just switched that out for Toolism. He became a different person, but the actual difference was very subtle.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:19 am 
    So Bonnie being lonely makes sense. She misses the ordered schedule, always having something to do and a reason to do it. Now she does what her ruler says to do, when he thinks to give her orders at all.

Jed being lonely...is much more strange to me. He's a CITY, and those can only be formed on city sites to our knowledge. They can't expand beyond their boundaries, they can't be placed right next to each other. As the capitol, did he communicate in some strange way with other cities on his side, in some way that he no longer sees as suitable? Jed shouldn't have lost anything by becoming sentient, and I'm not sure what he's looking for to end his loneliness.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:20 am 
    Thecommander236 wrote:

If this comic has any stasis type traps that keep someone distracted for the whole turn, it should be a link to TVTropes or Wikipedia.

Belrodes wrote:
    So Bonnie being lonely makes sense. She misses the ordered schedule, always having something to do and a reason to do it. Now she does what her ruler says to do, when he thinks to give her orders at all.

Jed being lonely...is much more strange to me. He's a CITY, and those can only be formed on city sites to our knowledge. They can't expand beyond their boundaries, they can't be placed right next to each other. As the capitol, did he communicate in some strange way with other cities on his side, in some way that he no longer sees as suitable? Jed shouldn't have lost anything by becoming sentient, and I'm not sure what he's looking for to end his loneliness.

The casters are mostly gone. Bossman and the new knights are playing with each other, and chances are Jed's going to regret inviting them over given that he didn't like having one statue broken. His CW is missing and the new one is less interesting by comparison. Yeah, he's probably lonely.

As for the speculation, well, he DID know where the Juggles were, and they weren't on GK territory (I think), so he probably has some sort of senses connected directly to Erf. If only Parson had been at home, he might've thought to ask something like "where are all the remaining Arkentools located".

Last edited by Corrupt User on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:23 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Belrodes wrote:

I think it's more that Jed hasn't had much in the way of people to talk to. Sure, he's a city, but he's a city that thinks and seemingly hasn't been getting much in the way of socialization.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions