Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:27 pm 
Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
I've been out of town and then sick, so I'm getting to work on the map now, thanks everyone for your patience. Expect a PM in the next 24 hours or so.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    ....that awkward moment when you realize you put in snow-capped mountain in the terrain generator instead of snow-fields....and don't realize until the map is finished....
    Well, I'm glad none of you picked Tundra for a terrain type, cus it isn't gonna exist in this game!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 pm 
    Ah Tundra, brings back fond memories of my favorite Magic: the Gathering deck of all time. My white/blue Karma/Magical Hack deck. So much fun :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:40 pm 
    Heads up, I'm considering an errata to the Improved [Stat] and Improved [Unit] flavors, by restricting them to Infantry only. Feel free to offer arguments for or against this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:38 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Well from a Mathmancy standpoint those improvements are most efficient on Infantry units as they have the lowest base point value and you pop either 8 or 6 of them a turn

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:02 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    But also from a mathmancy viewpoint, something like improved unit on, say, a special C or special D has less chances of coming up due to how many more infantry you'll be able to pop, but on balance it makes that C/D extra special and not something that can be sent to its doom with ease. Up to the player if they want something like a crack team infantry squad or play the odds and hope for that one powerful knight class to get ranged, or what-have-you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Honestly, assuming that improved [unit] improves the selected unit by a set amount (say 4 points worth of improvement) regardless of what unit is selected, then it would be much more beneficial to select an infantry type unit anyway, since as the others stated, you generate far more of them than you would specials. In the time you would get a four point boost on a special D, you could likely make around 40+ infantry units, which would be an extra 160 points floating around on your side. Not to mention your special D would only be boosted by about 5-10% of its total stats, while the infantry would be getting a 25% or so boost. So yeah, mathematically speaking, there isn't much reason to pick a special over infantry for improved [unit] anyway. As for the improved [stat] only working on infantry, I can see that, since you get the bonus on any unit you produce, so while you're still going to get a bigger boost out of making infantry with it (both in total points and percentage wise), it isn't like you have to make a trade off when picking the boost. Still though, a +1 combat will be fairly noticeable on an infantry, but likely much less so on a Special. I don't see much reason to have it affect only infantry.

So, to sum it up: I don't think restricting improved [unit] to infantry is really needed, since they're the better bet to take it for anyway, and I don't think restricting improved [stat] to infantry is particularly hefty, as specials get such a relatively small boost out of it anyway; They'd be far better served by getting an improved storeroom and making them stuff via fabrication.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:18 am 
    Ok then based on the feedback, and a look back through some of the comic, I'm going to decide on this:
    • Improved [Stat] applies only to Infantry, which to clarify, includes Scouts and Knights.
    • Improved [Unit] can be selected for any unit, but ill be picky about what kind of bonus ill allow depending on the unit type.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 am 
    How does [Unit] Production work when a city hits level 5?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 am 
    The production rate gets extrapolated, so they'll still produce even faster once the city hits 5.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:10 pm 
    Hey Sir, we're just waiting on you to finish up day 1. A special note, during Turn 1 you gain 1,000 as a "new side bonus". After that you collect income at start of turn as normal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 pm 
    ....I'm having entirely too much fun filling in the details of your Scouts' appearances and behaviors :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:11 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I continue to play it fast and loose with the Overlord, I am fine with this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 am 
    Playing it fast and loose with your Treasury is more like it :p

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 am 
    To clarify, on the city level chart, when a city goes from level 2 to 3, it gains 150 additional structure points and 6 additional flavor points, not 210 and 14, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 am 
    Correct, the points listed are the cumulative totals. So a city going from 2 to 3 gains 150 more SP and 6 FP.
    The Costs however are per level. So to make a 2 into a 3 costs $20,000

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:06 pm 
    Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
    I would play it fast and hard with my treasury if I had something to spend it on... oh wait.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 pm 
    Interesting additions to the compendium. Should I change my D special's name to something other than Red Dwagon?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:54 pm 
    Ooopsie, totally forgot those were your Special D too!
    Since Red Dwagons in the comic definitely don't have Siege, I'd say yes, your Special D should have a different name. Perhaps White or Black Dwagons instead? Or Lava Drake? I'll leave it up to you to pick something you like, those are just suggestions.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:07 pm 
    Also, partially because at least one of you WANTS a Turnamancer, and partially because I just felt like it, I'm working on Vehicle rules. Here's my first draft, feedback/comments most welcome.
    Quote:
    Vehicles are created using Fabrication, and may be made self-propelling by a Turnamancer. If not self-propelling, they may be pulled by a Mount. Mounts may pull a number of Passengers equal to twice the number of Riders they could normally carry. When created, the crafter must specify whether the Vehicle is land-based or water-based. A Vehicle must be crafted/enhanced all in one continuous process, with the end stats declared at the start of construction. Once it is complete, the Vehicle may never be altered further.
    A Vehicle may be crafted for 4 Loose Materials, and has the following basic stats:
    • 10/0/5/0, Single Passenger
    It can be enhanced with Fabrication as follows:
    • +2 Loose Materials/additional Passenger
    • +4 Loose Materials gains +10 Hits, +5 Def
    Casters can further enhance the Vehicle as follows:
    (Only self-propelled Vehicles can gain specials)
    • +5 Juice/2 Move (Turnamancy)
    • Flight: 40 Juice (Wierdomancy)
    • Terrain Capability: 20 Juice (Turnamancy)
    • Burrowing: 40 Juice (Turnamancy)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games