Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 2 – Page 112
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:00 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 112
     Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I believe someone had quatloos on this experiment...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    I can't believe how ballsy Parson is.
    Looking forward to the reaction from TMK to this

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    What?

Magic Kingdom doesn't have turns, which means the bodies may not decay.

Is he trying to bring people back to life normally, not under the control of Wanda, for moral reasons? But then why was he willing to decrypt so many more to accomplish this?

Does he want to bring them back to Gobwin Knob after another capital change?

Does he want to create a permanent cache of dead bodies to immediately amp up any given fight? Why does it matter since decrypted have no maintenance?

Is he just trying to make sure those individuals survive the counterattack from Charlie?

I haven't got a freaking clue, this is either mindboggling or I'm overthinking it.

Panel 9 foreground could be Rainbow Mika.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:24 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    My guess...
    Spoiler: show
    He's planning to carry the corpses through the portal and decrypt them in MK

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Callled it, sort of:

http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6520&p=96039&hilit=body#p96039

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hmm, I think it is a safe bet now that the bodies are going to the Magic Kingdom, but where will they be decrypted? In the Magic Kingdom? At old Gobwin Knob? Unaroyal? Faq? Charlescomm? All of the above? I'm so excited to find out!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Is that a creeper face I see in the "A" in "CRAFT" in panel 9?

Last edited by programancer on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    First of all, Sizemore seems seriously badass this update. That's neat.

So, first Parson has Sizemore secure the portal from the MK side. Smart, but not genius.

My guess is that Parson plans on bringing a ton of bodies through the portal, and then having Wanda decrypt them. He isn't invading the MK, but he is posting guards to ensure that no one strikes against GK like he did against Jetstone. If they try to bust into the newly built pyramid, suddenly a ton of Decrypted troops swarm all over them. Even though casters are powerful, they are squishy. They won't be able to stand up to the zerg rush that would happen if they tried to invade. And apparently the only ones who will know he's moved troops into the MK are the Thinkomancers.

Dandy.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:36 am 
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    Hmm, I think it is a safe bet now that the bodies are going to the Magic Kingdom, but where will they be decrypted? In the Magic Kingdom? At old Gobwin Knob? Unaroyal? Faq? Charlescomm? All of the above? I'm so excited to find out!

That's the genius move. Using the MK to transfer (dead) troops to new locations and then uncroak them. He just needs a strategic corpse repository.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:36 am 
    The pyramid's a good idea, if you want secure use of your portal. He might even be able to excuse that diplomatically, after having been attacked and waylayed in the magic kingdom and establishing that he is, in fact, a caster.

Putting troops there, though... I wonder how that will end.

Lipkin wrote:

So, first Parson has Sizemore secure the portal from the MK side. Smart, but not genius.

My guess is that Parson plans on bringing a ton of bodies through the portal, and then having Wanda decrypt them. He isn't invading the MK, but he is posting guards to ensure that no one strikes against GK like he did against Jetstone. If they try to bust into the newly built pyramid, suddenly a ton of Decrypted troops swarm all over them. Even though casters are powerful, they are squishy. They won't be able to stand up to the zerg rush that would happen if they tried to invade. And apparently the only ones who will know he's moved troops into the MK are the Thinkomancers.

Dandy.

I was thinking Isaac was using lookamancy there, since apparently the spell isn't an obvious enough reaction for the other thinkamancers to be doing it, too. Still eyemancy and probably within his abilities.

I'm also pretty sure the MK population could wipe out whatever Parson stationed there if they got organized for it. Organization doesn't seem like their strong suit, though. And Parson e might be able to grow that pyramid and decrypt more troops there over time, if they don't squish it immediately.

Last edited by Raza on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am 
    Parson's establishing a GK fortress in Portal Park. He's building it AROUND the portals GK controls, so only GK units can enter there.
    Which means that, from now on, GK can accumulate bodies, move them into the park, then throw them through a portal where Wanda Decrypts them on the other side.
    Parson can launch an attack on any side's capital, at will, through their back door, at ANY TIME, DAY OR NIGHT.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm guessing a threat rather than an atttack. The Magick Kingdom's been violating the whole neutrality thing as far as Gobwin Knob is concerned for some time now.

How are they going to move the Dwagon?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    programancer wrote:
    Is that a creeper face I see in the "A" in "CRAFT" in panel 9?

Hey there Magic Kingdom, That's a very nice everything you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it. :D

-The Song of Maybe

Last edited by Shai hulud on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Oh hey, a Manpower statue in panel ten. Nice touch.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Raza wrote:
    The pyramid's a good idea, if you want secure use of your portal. He might even be able to excuse that diplomatically, after having been attacked and waylayed in the magic kingdom and establishing that he is, in fact, a caster.

Putting troops there, though... I wonder how that will end.

Lipkin wrote:

Dandy.

I was thinking Isaac was using lookamancy there, since apparently the spell isn't an obvious enough reaction for the other thinkamancers to be doing it, too. Still eyemancy and probably within his abilities.

I'm also pretty sure the MK population could wipe out whatever Parson stationed there if they got organized for it. Organization doesn't seem like their strong suit, though. And Parson e might be able to grow that pyramid and decrypt more troops there over time, if they don't squish it immediately.
    Sure, a unified MK could wipe out the pyramid. And if Parson were attacking the GK, or moving troops through to other portals, I'm sure a lot of otherwise neutral casters would stand against him. But I think he's only putting up a guard post. So only casters that already have beef with GK are going to want to attack him, and I think that would only be a couple dozen casters at most. The decrypted would only need to last long enough to toss a red flag though the portal to warn of the attack, and a load of other units could be waiting on the other side of the portal if any casters make it though.

They could take the pyramid, but they wouldn't be able to take GK by surprise.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Parson's establishing a GK fortress in Portal Park. He's building it AROUND the portals GK controls, so only GK units can enter there.
    Which means that, from now on, GK can accumulate bodies, move them into the park, then throw them through a portal where Wanda Decrypts them on the other side.
    Parson can launch an attack on any side's capital, at will, through their back door, at ANY TIME, DAY OR NIGHT.

Not if the disbandment clause clicks in regardless of the direction of travel. This seems more likely to be about threatening to turn Portal Park into no man's land.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:58 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    youngstormlord wrote:

Nice out-of-the-box thinking.

Last edited by LordAcme on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:59 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    1. MK invasion force?
    2. MK counterattack deterrent?
    3. Copycat deterrent force?
    4. Other-portal invasion force?
    5. Troop flexibility planl?

This is really one of those 'obvious' things that you don't talk about in fancy forum strategy sessions. If you really lived in Erfworld, and you openly broke the MK's neutrality, you would of course need a method of handling the fallout, which would require troops garrisoned at the Portal entrance.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:02 am 
    How much of all dead bodies available are three dozens? Because he's the rest into MK. All of them. That doesn't sound like he only wants to guard the portal...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions