Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 2 – Page 111
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 111
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Is it just me, or is the art a little different in this one?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:27 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I think she's just getting more comfortable with everything, and the art is altering with time. It's all good, and a very human process.

This all feels anticlimactic. There's another shoe to drop.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool!
    A...genius thing? Involving Sizemore? The only thing I can think of is rebuilding the city, but I don't see what that has to do with the casters' bodies.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 pm 
    I'm getting the strongest feeling that what comes next may reveal what kind of caster Parson is. I sense he may link up with Sizemore and do something worthy of Book 2's finale.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm 
    Buries everyone?

Could they hire a hippymancer/healomancer and just raise everyone instead of decrypting them? Link them to Wanda?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm 
    A monument, to those lost.

Parson's playing politics, and intends to turn the world against Chuckles.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:34 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    "I've known forever" :o
    She knew what? That she'll decrypt a caster? Raise a caster? Specifically Jack? Who predicted it? Did she know her attuned arkentool will let her do decryption? How? So many question come with these three words!
    Damn, what a brilliant page.

Last edited by LordBiscuit on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 pm 
    DSMK2 wrote:
    I'm getting the strongest feeling that what comes next may reveal what kind of caster Parson is. I sense he may link up with Sizemore and do something worthy of Book 2's finale.

Oh hooooo... I think you're right. There's definitely nothing he could have Sizemore do on his own that would be at all relevant to delaying Wanda's task... But I'm not sure what relevance Dirtamancy would have.

Anyway I'm calling this now. Four way linkup. Coming up next. (I mean really, a four way linkup was SOOO Chekov'ed way back when)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Starwaster wrote:
    DSMK2 wrote:

Oh hooooo... I think you're right. There's definitely nothing he could have Sizemore do on his own that would be at all relevant to delaying Wanda's task... But I'm not sure what relevance Dirtamancy would have.

Anyway I'm calling this now. Four way linkup. Coming up next. (I mean really, a four way linkup was SOOO Chekov'ed way back when)

I don't think a fourlink is gonna happen now. It's just too much to give Gobwin Knob on top of two Arkentools and Parson's mind.
    I think only Charlie will be able to do fourliks, to even the odds a little.
    Strikes me as a better story.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:43 pm 
    Sizemore-Maggie-Ace Link, build an anti-G-string fortification around Spacerock. It should be strong enough to keep out Charlie and the TGMTTA.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    nice

Last edited by Pebot on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Urf wrote:
    Sizemore-Maggie-Ace Link, build an anti-G-string fortification around Spacerock. It should be strong enough to keep out Charlie and the TGMTTA.

Nice idea, but that could be done after the mass decrypting.

A graveyard also seems interesting, but I don't think Parson would abandon the chance to have two more casters for GK.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Surprised no one has mentioned how they're gonna get Ace now after everyone was so pumped for it and then thought it was lost.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Removing Parson's helmet at this point was a nice touch. It humanized him at a time when it was important.
    What this genius plan is - no idea. But I don't think it would involve a link-up. Those will start getting old.

So five decryptable warlords. So we we get back:

Artemis
    Count Downer

Anyone else that we know?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:57 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Some questions about portals have been answered at least.

Now I know that portals are tied to specific city sites not to sides. Otherwise the GK Portal would have disappeared and re-appeared in the same place. Of course, I should have known that when Jetstone's Portal didn't re-appear in the same spot.

Book 2 appears to be winding up except for the denouement - I expect a few visits to Faq and Transylvito before this is over as well as an ominous fade out on a shadowy figure at Charlescomm.

I like the tapestry of Jack on the wall (sniff), and the Time Out spell where everyone fighting is frozen in place.

Last edited by joosy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    AOL: Warcraftace
    I have to give Antium some serious props here. No means of escape, seconds from croaking, and what's he doing? Comforting his two remaining soldiers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Urf wrote:
    Parson's playing politics, and intends to turn the world against Chuckles.
    You must be right. If all Parson wanted was to resume the war as usual then there'd be no reason to delay decryption. There's no choice but to conclude that he has something special in mind, something I can't even begin to guess at, and Charlie seems like the only target on Parson's radar. Of course there is no way to attack Charlie physically from Spacerock, so it must be a diplomatic attack.

But how is a diplomatic attack possible and what does it have to do with the croaked bodies? That doesn't seem to make any sense. It makes more sense that Parson has some special magic in mind involving an alternative to decryption, like a Dirtamancer-Croakamancer linked decryption. Except I can't imagine what Dirtamancy could add to decryption when decryption seems like a perfect technique. That leaves the only option that Parson wants Sizemore to build something that somehow uses the croaked bodies, or something that would dust the units if they were decrypted before it happened.

Another possibility is that there is some specific unit that Parson doesn't want to be decrypted. Who could that be?

It's very frustrating, but I can't imagine anything better than immediately decrypting everyone. I don't think Parson was exaggerating when he called his idea genius. Trying to figure this out is going to drive me crazy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    To save anyone having to ask:

P.A.S.S. is the technique for fire extinguisher use. Pull the pin, Aim at the base, Squeeze the lever, Sweep from side to side.

Triodide (Trifluoroiodomethane) and Agronite are brand names for chemicals used in different fire suppression systems. The chemical compounds Inergen and Halon (a reference to either Halomethane or Halon 2402) are also used for the same purpose. Freon was used as a refrigerant until being banned once chlorofluorocarbons were implicated in ozone depletion.

Yay for growing up with a physicist as a father.

A wanderer, harried for years on end...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 am 
    Sixty wrote:
    Surprised no one has mentioned how they're gonna get Ace now after everyone was so pumped for it and then thought it was lost.

I, for one, am quite jazzed. I just hope he can still cast. I expect he will, because he and Jack would be a lot less interesting, otherwise.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions